+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: New TV shows for Fall 2011/Spring 2012

Re: New TV shows for Fall 2011

I caught up with Grimm On Demand this weekend and it's really great!!! The time slot makes me mad though - Apparently the 9pm Friday slot is The Time Slot for Sci Fi/Horror - Supernatural, Fringe and Grimm all air at the same time.

I'm still watching Terra Nova too as well as Person of Interest.

I just saw ads for a new show starting in January - Alcatraz. Haven't heard anything about it but it's got Sam Neill which is enough to pique my interest.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

From what I've read, Alcatraz is a little bit science fiction, a little bit detective show. It also stars Jorge Garcia, and I'll definitely take a look at it. Another winter show I'm looking forward to is Smash, a musical theater type show starring Debra Messing with Angelica Huston and Katherine McPhee in the cast.

New shows I'm still watching are Person of Interest, Once Upon a Time, and Revenge; those I plan to continue watching for sure. I just watched the premiere of Hell on Wheels. I'm not sure, but it shows promise. Next tier contains Pan Am, Two Broke Girls, and Terra Nova; all are maybes that I'll watch On Demand or streaming. I'm beginning to see advertising for a couple of new USA shows and I'll always give those a try. TNT also has a few new series starting in December that I'm eager to look at.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We're still watching Person of Interest (favorite new show), Once upon a Time, Suburgatory, Unforgettable, and Prime Suspect. I'm finishing watching the episodes of Charlie's Angels. I'm shocked at how many new shows we are watching and how many are keeping us watching. It's rare for us to watch this many 'regular prime time shows'.

Prime Suspect is not the first one we watch in a week, it's usually last in our DVR picks, but we do end up eventually watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    All but one of those (the last) has been picked up for a full season. That's another thing about this season - not all that many cancellations yet. I really do think that, with a few exceptions, the new shows this season have been pretty good. Most of what I've been watching this season is new shows.
    I'm quite surprised at how invested the networks seem to be in their new shows this year. I'm fairly surprised that more shows haven't been cancelled. Heck, even the cancelled Charlie's Angels is getting to finish off its run.

Playboy club was not one of my favorites at all....but they should have shown the episodes they had already filmed even if it was on video on demand I wouldn't have minded seeing them when I had the time
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm curious as to how many of the New Shows all of you are still watching.

At the beginning of the season I was watching 1 & taping 2 some days/time periods. Other days/times I was watching 1 & taping 1. Very few days or prime times were without a show I was watching. I was trying to catch up on Saturday AM with around 12 hours of taped shows to watch.
    Now there are only a few I tape & I find I watch them during the week on evenings when nothing I care for is on. Saturday AM, maybe 1 or 2 hours of taped shows, if that.
    So far the only New Shows I still have to watch are: Once Upon A Time, Person of Interest, Unforgettable, Revenge & Terra Nova. Ringer is becoming optional. Unforgettable & Terra Nova are moving in that direction too.
    Many not-so-new shows I used to watch have fallen by the wayside too.

Anyone else??
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

CCL

2 Broke Girls, Pan Am, Once Upon A Time. Will stay with them always.
    Ringer- only continue watching because I watch it with my cousin.
    Hart of Dixie - am enjoying and will continue to watch.
    Grimm - I've seen the first two episodes. May continue watching, may not (still recording at this point).

I saw the first episodes of Person of Interest, New Girl and Prime Suspect - no interest in continuing.
    I watched the first episode of Charlie's Angels. Did not get around to watching the next episodes before they cancelled it so didn't give it more chances.
    My dvr made the decision that I did not want to watch Revenge and I've not made the effort to watch it on other sources.
    I intended to watch Unforgettable but never did.
    Last edited by CCL; 11-11-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm curious as to how many of the New Shows all of you are still watching.

At the beginning of the season I was watching 1 & taping 2 some days/time periods. Other days/times I was watching 1 & taping 1. Very few days or prime times were without a show I was watching. I was trying to catch up on Saturday AM with around 12 hours of taped shows to watch.
    Now there are only a few I tape & I find I watch them during the week on evenings when nothing I care for is on. Saturday AM, maybe 1 or 2 hours of taped shows, if that.
    So far the only New Shows I still have to watch are: Once Upon A Time, Person of Interest, Unforgettable, Revenge & Terra Nova. Ringer is becoming optional. Unforgettable & Terra Nova are moving in that direction too.
    Many not-so-new shows I used to watch have fallen by the wayside too.

Anyone else??
    Watched all episodes, Once Upon A Time, Terra Nova and Person of Interest, will continue to watch. Watching Project Accessory mainly because it was Project Runway's timeline no great loss if I don't watch. Watched first 4 episodes of Secret Circle the rest are on tape. Watched about 7 minutes of the first episode of Ringer and was done. Have all of season 1 and season 2 eps of Walking Dead on tape to be watched. Watched all of SyFy's Alpha's will definitely watch season 2. I include Alphas even though it was not officially a fall show it showed a few eps in the fall due to weird cable scheduling. Tried to watch the premiere episode of Revenge but couldn't get up the enthusiasm to even try I think watched about 2 minutes of the premiere and turned it off. Watched premiere of Grimm, not impressed was done.

Looking forward to the midseason replacements.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Still watching and loving Prime Suspect.
    Rattus and norealityhere like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Recording Once Upon A Time and will catch up over the holidays when everything else is in reruns. Watching Grimm (except I forgot it was on tonight and didn't record), Revenge (still a couple of episodes behind), Prime Suspect, and Suburgatory. That's about it! Dropped Pan Am and Whitney after the first two episodes.

+ Reply to Thread