+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: New TV shows for Fall 2011/Spring 2012

Re: New TV shows for Fall 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't watch Secret Circle, but I really like Hart of Dixie and Ringer! Now I can settle in and become a little more invested in the shows now that I know they'll be sticking around!
    100% agreed! I'm so cautious about watching new shows anymore. I stopped for awhile then picked up a few last year, only to have my heart broken.

I really liked the premise of quite a few shows this year so I watched. Ringer and Hart of Dixie are two shows that I'm thoroughly enjoying. Now I just need Revenge, Suburgatory, and American Horror Story to get picked up.... fingers crossed.

2/3 of your wishes have been granted. Suburgatory and Revenge have been picked up. Happy Endings has also been extended.

ABC Extends Full Seasons to Revenge, Suburgatory - TVLine

Wow, I think that means that all of the shows that I started watching this season have been picked up for the whole season! That never happens!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

As mentioned in the Charlie's Angels thread.. it's been cancelled. ABC Cancels Charlie's Angels, Shuts Down Production

I'm not surprised it was cancelled, but I am surprised at how soon it was.

CCL

Well, I guess that answers that question (if I should watch episode 2).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Okay, we're a little ways into the season, so I thought I'd ask - what is everyone still watching?

I've dropped Terra Nova and Pan Am, although I keep thinking I'll catch up with the latter OnDemand. I'm still watching quite a few new shows, to my extreme surprise. Usually, I pick up one or two new shows each season. Right now, I'm still watching Ringer, Heart of Dixie, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Revenge, Homeland, Person of Interest and A Gifted Man....I think that's it.

All but one of those (the last) has been picked up for a full season. That's another thing about this season - not all that many cancellations yet. I really do think that, with a few exceptions, the new shows this season have been pretty good. Most of what I've been watching this season is new shows.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I only made it through one episode of Terra Nova and only halfway through Pan Am so those have been off my radar. I'm watching Ringer, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Suburgatory, Person of Interest, Gifted Man, Prime Suspect, Up All Night, and New Girl. Granted, I watch almost all of these On Demand or taped, at my leisure. That's quite a lot from my usual fare when new shows start but I think if many were not viewable some other way other than live that list would be cut at least in half. I liked Unforgettable when I saw it but I always forget when it's on and it's not On Demand. Also, I need to add Whitney as a guilty pleasure. I loathed the first episode but one Saturday I was bored and caught the rest On Demand and actually like it now .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

ACF - I just looked at your list, and realized that I left off New Girl and Suburgatory. I've missed a few episodes of Suburgatory because, for some reason, ABC doesn't have the episodes online or OnDemand

I watched a few episodes of Whitney and then just didn't watch more. I liked it fine, but there are other things that I enjoy more. Maybe I'lll catch up with it OnDemand. I've also liked the few episodes of Two Broke Girls that I've seen, but it's not something I've sought out.

What I'm really looking forward to is Smash, which is coming as a mid-season replacement. The previews look amazing and the reviews have been great. Plus, I'm a Broadway musical junkie.

It's amazing how many new shows I am still watching and how many are still on the air. Usually the ones I get invested in are canceled right away! These are the shows that still hold my interest: A Gifted Man, Revenge, Ringer, Person of Interest, Once Upon a Time, Pan Am, and Hart of Dixie (although this show sometimes makes me mad, as it portrays us Southerners as a little vapid....lol!). I will probably drop Terra Nova. Was so looking forward to this being a good show and it isn't and the teenage son drives me nuts. Have not watched any of the new comedies, but usually don't waste my time with them anyway. I do hope A Gifted Man is renewed.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm still watching Terra Nova--what can I say scy fy junkie...lol..Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Pan Am, and Grimm
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread