+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Florimel
  • 1 Post By Lucynda

Thread: Midsomer Murders

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Midsomer Murders

Haven't seen a thread on this long-running series from England. Any fans out there? I've just started watching the series via Netflix. It's set in modern times, with a middle-aged police detective and his younger sergeant assistant. Nice setup of family relationships (the detective's wife is a terrible cook, but he loves her too much to tell her so). And I just LOVE British characters because they're so eccentric.

I also love watching for actors who have been in other movies and TV shows that I've seen. This one has Colin Firth's younger brother (quite a resemblance), as well as the original Fat Lady from the Harry Potter movies and the gentleman who was the voice of Aragog in the second HP movie.

Love my IMDB!!!!

Re: Midsomer Murders

Yes, I love them. There are a great many episodes and I see each new group of four as soon as it come out. A lot of well-known and respected British actors have guest starred. I give it my highest recommendation.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Fort Member

Love Midsomer and I do miss Tom his cousin is just not the same
    One day someone is going to work out that if you have a festival in Midsomer someone is going to die (usually 3 people actually, or two and one attempted) and they will ban all festivals in the area
    AZChristian likes this.

It really is shocking how many serial killers live in Midsomer. It makes Cabot Cove look positively crime-free.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Lucynda, could you tell me where you are viewing the new series without Tom? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Florimel, if you are watching them as the series come out on DVD, the episodes starring Neil Dudgeon haven't been released yet. Acorn is incredibly slow at putting the series' out for some reason, and series 18 has only just become available and only through Acorn itself. It will become widely available in a few months. What they refer to as series 18 would start at season 12, episode 6 according to IMDB, and Barnaby leaves at season 14, episode 1.

Presumably they will start airing the more recent episodes on PBS at some point in the near future, but I've completely given up on that and just buy the sets as they become availab.e
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Thank you, Rattus. I know Acorn is very slow, sad to say, but I did find seasons 1 through 12 available on Amazon video streaming, and they are free for Amazon Prime customers through season 10. I imagine 11 and 12 will move to free status at some point. I just wish I could see them on BBC America, they aren't on the schedule. Nor is season 4 of Lark Rise to Candleford. There is way too much American tv showing on BBC America to my way of thinking. I join you in hoping they start airrng on PBS one of these days.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Thank you, Rattus. I know Acorn is very slow, sad to say, but I did find seasons 1 through 12 available on Amazon video streaming, and they are free for Amazon Prime customers through season 10. I imagine 11 and 12 will move to free status at some point. I just wish I could see them on BBC America, they aren't on the schedule. Nor is season 4 of Lark Rise to Candleford. There is way too much American tv showing on BBC America to my way of thinking. I join you in hoping they start airrng on PBS one of these days.
    I watched all of LRtC on Netflix, and loved it!

I did get a "Murder, She Wrote" vibe to "Midsomer Murders." Love, love, love, those eccentric British characters. Decided to start watching them because as I viewed the filmographies of actors in other movies, they all seem to have wandered through Midsomer at some point. Looking forward to many happy hours watching this series.

Fort Member

Sorry Florimel but I currently live in Singapore and we get the new series through BBC When I went home to Australia in March they also had the new series on the ABC network

+ Reply to Thread