+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alphas

FORT Fogey

Re: Alphas

Hopefully it's misdirection. I really don't like the way this season is heading...no fun.

I dont like the direction of the show either, which is a shame because I really enjoy the premise and the group of actors they've assembled. But the show seems to be souring, with the evil Stanton Parrish against the good alphas plotline. -- the group leader has seemed to do any number of questionable and self-interested things that anyone else would be turned in to the authorities for; and I don't understand the whole point of how the woman who can "push" people went off and rails-- and as soon as the "doc" had rehabilitated her, was sent out to do the same thing on his special projects, this time in the name of doing good.

I also don't quite understand how or why Parrish is supposed to be so evil. I'm sure he'll turn out to be-- but so far the vendetta against him seems a bit unmotivated and unnecessary.

I hope things take a turn for the better, because this plot seems to lead to nowhere--- or at least to a finale after which there' s nothing more to say. I[d rather the team had a more wide=ranging agenda than just defeating Parrish-- and the characters were developed rather than dragging them around for the occasional sniff of air for some telltale scent- or having Gary go on and on in the most abrasive and high-handed manner without anyone's seeming to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Hopefully it's misdirection. I really don't like the way this season is heading...no fun.
    Ditto. Quite enjoyed season one and was looking forward to season two yet it seems to be dragging and not as much fun to watch.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Well that was sad. It was the only way for Dani to end, really. Still don't like the sole focus on evil Parrish.

Why drag on a promising character just to kill her off? They could have thought of something a lot more interesting than this, which seems like a convenient plot twist, rather than a real plot.

This whole season has been a huge disappointment. I really enjoyed the first season for the campy sci-if fun. This season has been one long "kill the evil". Blah.

I sorta quit watching the last 5 shows and had them on tape. Now that my power is back on, Thank you, Hurricane Sandy I watched 209, 210, 211. Watching them together like this helped.

Alphas S02E09: "The Devil Will Drag You Under"

Hicks appears to go AWOL from the Alpha Team and works with Stanton Parrish because he wants to be with Dani.

Not too bad, a little twist, slightly predictable ending with Dani dying and setting off Dr. Rosen and the team on revenge.

Alphas S02E10: "Life After Death"
    Alphas - Season 2, Episode 10: Life After Death - TV.com
    Difficult times arise for Rosen and his team as the loss of a loved one shocks everybody. Meanwhile, a woman abandons a baby boy at the office and Gary takes him under his wing.

Liked seeing Rosen actually mourn for Dani and to see him being misunderstood by his team and his team feeling betrayed by Rosen letting in the Feds. Then it seemed a huge disconnect to see Gary with a baby and Rachel finally doing it with John. But in keeping with the title of the episode it is "Life After Death".

Alphas S02E11: "If Memory Serves"
    Alphas - Season 2, Episode 11: If Memory Serves - TV.com
    Kat returns to the team as they set out to find Stanton's secret weapon... and protect him. Meanwhile, Senator Burton challenges Rosen's methods of fighting rogue Alphas.
    Wow, weird to see Kat back as a kick ass agent considering she looks so short next to Hicks and Big Bill. Luv'ed how Rosen and Cameron Hicks have a little alliance going on. Totally surprised to see the Senator back. Totally luv'ed the scene in the elevator where the Senator was blasting Rosen and he gave it back to her. Brilliant.

I had been very disappointed where this season was going but not watching for a while and then seeing all three episodes back to back helped re energize by enthusiasm for this series. Hope the last 2 episodes do not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Why drag on a promising character just to kill her off? They could have thought of something a lot more interesting than this, which seems like a convenient plot twist, rather than a real plot.
    I have to agree it was rather predictable and a waste of a character.

I just want to know what happened to them!

Watched the last two episodes.

Episode 12 - Need To Know

Alphas - Season 2, Episode 12: Need to Know - TV.com
    While Rosen interrogates an Alpha prisoner, Gary and Bill try to rescue Skylar from Parish.
    Episode 13 - God's Eye

Alphas - Season 2, Episode 13: God's Eye - TV.com
    The team races to stop Stanton's plan to activate the mini-stims across the continent. Meanwhile, a wounded Rosen seeks revenge for his daughter by going after the Alpha personally.
    The two episodes are best watched back to back because the story really is a 2 part finale. Liked that Skylar is back. Totally hate that Parrish uses his Alphas even more ruthlessly then he does humans. Liked that it was a all girl power team that came to the rescue. Luv'ed seeing Dani again either as a hallucination, Doctor Rosen's Alpha Power, or a cohort of Parrish's. Lastly seeing Gary stepping up to adulthood and taking care of his mom, going to help Dr. Rosen and being the only that seemed to survive the blast. Now why was that when all around him people collapsed?

While I hated where this season was going I have to admit the show redeemed itself in my eyes in how it ended. I wonder if I would be as enthusiastic if I had watched the episodes one week at a time? Actually looking forward to next season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast