+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alphas

Re: Alphas

Just saw it, and dang was Nina really messed up! Seems Rachel is absolutely not forgiving about what Nina made her do, with good reason. Wonder when or if she'll come back to the team. I am liking Kat (so I hope she's not some mole) and do look forward to seeing her do field work, but I wish we could've seen her properly introduced to the team. Already we see her talking to Gary and walking around the office, and it feels rushed. It's also so odd that she looks like a teen and yet is in her twenties.

The scene with Gary in the towel was hilarious, as is most of what Gary does and says. It's odd how they can capture a high-functioning autistic character so well and yet still manage to make him so hilarious. I do feel like the actor himself was holding back laughter during that scene, the same way Bill and Rachel's actors seem to sometimes be unable to hold smiles and chuckles during Gary's antics.

Gary's screaming during the mornings is getting really uncomfortable, though, I wonder if he'll ever get over that, cause I sure could go without it.

Luv'ing Kat she really brings an energy to the show I wonder how that will all be integrated with Nina's storyline?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well it looks like Gary has gotten over the screaming. Not sure I like what it's been replaced with though.

Alphas is moving to a new time slot from 10pm to 8pm as the lead in to Warehouse 13. I think that will work out better for them.

Liked the effect they used on Anna, the black smoke was very effective.

I'm happy they've moved it because it means that I can record Alphas at 8 and Perception at 10 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I'm happy they've moved it because it means that I can record Alphas at 8 and Perception at 10 ;-)
    Well for me it makes for a happy Monday, Alphas at 8, Stars Earn Stripes at 9 and Grimm at 10.

While I enjoyed the new episode and seeing Summer Glau as Skylar again and seeing Gary get in touch with nature I felt that there was a huge hole in the plot. In the previous episode it had been established that Stanton Parrish had used the Senator to push through making the August photo sensor light mechanisms and that there were thousands of them distributed to various hospitals. So what did it matter if they analyzed the one Doctor Rosen procured from the hospital or if they got it from the manufacturer. That was so stupid and needless. I hope Skylar does not take up Stanton Parrish on his deal. I don't think he would hesitate in using her daughter as a hostage to guarantee Skylar's cooperation. There was a brilliant little behind the scenes with the actor portraying Gary. Who knew he was from Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While I enjoyed the new episode and seeing Summer Glau as Skylar again and seeing Gary get in touch with nature I felt that there was a huge hole in the plot. In the previous episode it had been established that Stanton Parrish had used the Senator to push through making the August photo sensor light mechanisms and that there were thousands of them distributed to various hospitals. So what did it matter if they analyzed the one Doctor Rosen procured from the hospital or if they got it from the manufacturer. That was so stupid and needless. I hope Skylar does not take up Stanton Parrish on his deal. I don't think he would hesitate in using her daughter as a hostage to guarantee Skylar's cooperation. There was a brilliant little behind the scenes with the actor portraying Gary. Who knew he was from Australia.
    I did, because before he was Gary, he was Mr. Nigel-Murray! I still miss him on Bones!
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I felt that there was a huge hole in the plot. In the previous episode it had been established that Stanton Parrish had used the Senator to push through making the August photo sensor light mechanisms and that there were thousands of them distributed to various hospitals. So what did it matter if they analyzed the one Doctor Rosen procured from the hospital or if they got it from the manufacturer. That was so stupid and needless.
    I had an inkling throughout, but I couldn't put my finger on it and this is it! Good observation and I agree.

Critical: I always find it hard to believe that he was MNM on Bones!

Everyone still watching??

The episode description for next week has me annoyed! It says
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hicks starts working for Parish. UGH!

I really hope it's a misleading description.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast