+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alphas

Re: Alphas

I thought the season opener was great. It looks like a fun season ahead.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I'm so glad I saw this thread near the top and looked - for some reason our series mgr doesn't have alphas in it anymore (drat those kids!), so I was able to set it back up. Looking forward to the season!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Liked the season opener, interesting dichotomy with the daughter both healing her father and in cahoots with the enemy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm just wondering how long it's going to take Rosen to figure out his daughter knows him.

Stanton Parrish is trying to figure out how to created Alphas?

That's my thought, but I'm wondering if it's about creating or creating an army he can control??

Two episodes in a row the last scene is in a bar/diner wonder why. Liked the interaction with the doctor and Stanton Parrish at the end and how the doctor likes to see/know the overall picture.

Liked that Gary had a reaction to his time at insane asylum. Interesting that they showed Gary's interaction with his mom and the complicated relationship between a parent who has a child with a disability, wanting to protect them, wanting them to grow up, feeling trapped and afraid to let go.

I totally spaced out about the new season starting, so I'm catching up OnDemand right now. I just started episode 2.

I had such a crush on C. Thomas Howell back in high school. It's nice to see him still working, although it also makes me feel old. He definitely doesn't look like he did back then....I guess that means I don't either. Darnit.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Man oh man, I just wanted to "push" some sense into Nina and then the ending happened.

I think that when Gary's in his towel they must have had trouble getting the take. I swear you can hear Gary laughing during the part when they're talking about his fruit.

FORT Fogey

Nina is one scary Alpha! I did feel horrible for her that her ability ultimately lead to her father's death. Can't imagine carrying that burden around. Cool that Bill & Cameron used their abilities to save her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast