+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alphas

Re: Alphas

I'm so excited and bummed to for the season finale. I am curious to see how the finale will play out. What will be resolved, what won't? I'm just glad that I already know it's coming back for season 2.

The SyFy channel is marathoning Alphas on Monday, September 26, 2011 starting at 11:30am EDT in preparation for the season finale at 10pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Saw the finale. Looks like Stanford Parrish set up the leaders of the more mellow factions of Red Flag and had the government kill them. Yeah, someone takes down one of your heavily armed men with a knife and you start shooting everyone. I think the FBI handler is way too gung ho on this group being terrorists. Definitely going to bite them in the butt. The question is what will it take for Doctor Rosen to start doing something, come up with an alternate plan. I am not sure what I thought that Bill was shot and that the one storm trooper almost killed Gary.

Oh No They Didn't! - SyFy's Alphas Renewed For Second Season

Alphas‘ Nina just may have gotten the ear of a Syfy bigwig, because the network has renewed the successful sci-fi series for Season 2, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“Alphas’ smart, innovative approach to a superhero franchise has clearly caught on with our audience,” Mark Stern, Syfy’s president of original content, says of the pick-up. “From the first-rate writing to the outstanding cast lead by David Strathairn, we’re very proud of what was achieved in its first season and look forward to seeing this series fulfill even more of its creative potential in a second season.” Thirteen episodes have been ordered for Season 2, to air in 2012.

Alphas stars Strathairn (an Academy Award nominee for Good Night, and Good Luck) as Dr. Lee Rosen, a neuroscientist/quasi-therapist who oversees a collection of “alphas” with unique abilities. Among them: Warren Christie (October Road, pictured above) plays Cameron, who boasts superhuman agility; Malik Yoba (New York Undercover) is strongman Bill; Laura Mennell (Watchmen) is Nina, a beauty possessing the power of suggestion; Ryan Cartwright (Bones) plays, young man living with autism who can “see” airborne data streams; and Azita Ghanizada (Castle) is Rachel, a gal who can super-amplify any one of her senses.

Season 1 guest stars included Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman), Alaina Huffman (Stargate Universe), John Pyper-Ferguson (Battlestar Galactica), Summer Glau (Firefly), Garret Dillahunt (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Rebecca Mader (Lost) and Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation).

After giving Syfy its most-watched scripted premiere in two years with its July debut, Alphas has averaged 3.3 million weekly viewers (with Live+7 DVR data factored in).

Airing Mondays at 10/9c, Alphas wraps its freshman run on Sept. 26.

Great News! However, I didn't realize they were in any jeopardy. I think their Monday night line-up with Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas should continue next year. They made my Mondays flow into Tuesdays what with the TNT dramas playing on the same night, but I caught them all and enjoyed them all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yeah, season 2 is starting to film for a July 2012 premiere.

Breaking News - Production Powers Up on Season 2 of Syfy's "Alphas" from Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television | TheFutonCritic.com

PRODUCTION POWERS UP ON SEASON 2 OF SYFY'S "ALPHAS" FROM UNIVERSAL CABLE PRODUCTIONS AND BERMANBRAUN TELEVISION

ERIN WAY JOINS CAST AS NEW ALPHA TEAM MEMBER

NEW YORK - March 30, 2012 - Production begins this week in Toronto on the second season of Syfy's super-powered original drama series Alphas starring David Strathairn, Malik Yoba, Warren Christie, Azita Ghanizada, Ryan Cartwright and Laura Mennell. Joining the cast this season is Erin Way (Detroit 187, Private Practice) as "Kat" the newest addition to the team of quirky superhuman investigators. Alphas is produced by Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television. The season will consist of 13 episodes and is slated to premiere on Syfy in July 2012.

Alphas follows a clandestine group of ordinary people whose unique neurological condition equips them with extraordinary mental and physical abilities. Led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn) this unlikely team takes on cases the CIA, FBI and Pentagon are unwilling or unable to solve and go head-to-head with many of the criminal Alphas released from the Binghamton facility in last season's finale episode. When the series debuted last summer, it became Syfy's most-watched original scripted series premiere in two years. Overall the show averaged 3.3 million total viewers during its first season.

Erin Way joins the ensemble as "Kat," a mysterious, free-spirited young loner whose Alpha ability allows her to pick up any skill at a glance. The downside to her condition, which has plagued her for her entire life, is that her memories are short-lived and her experiences fade away after a short amount of time. Becoming a member of the team provides a purpose and direction for Kat and working with Dr. Rosen may help her reclaim her lost past.
    Read more at Breaking News - Production Powers Up on Season 2 of Syfy's "Alphas" from Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television | TheFutonCritic.com

Cool! I only started catching this show in reruns, so I'm a late bloomer. I'm glad there's another season coming!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

In Canada, and I think the States, Alphas starts Monday!!! Whooohoo! I'm super excited about it!

Yeap, Monday, July 23, 2012 at 10pm EDT.

Aaannnnddd...they're back! (Of course, they're opposite Perception, which means the DVR comes into play again.)

It will be interesting to see where they go this year. I'd love to know why there are so few "good" alphas and so many "bad" alphas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast