+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alphas

Re: Alphas

Thanks guys! I went channel surfing to see if I had "Cox" on demand (thinking it was a typo and should have been "Fox") and guess who discovered she actually had SyFy on Demand? Who knew? Well, I know what I'll be watching this weekend......
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Enjoyed the second episode too. I don't, for a mintue, think we've seen the last of Marcus. I thought the tell would be a chess piece and not the coin though. Very encouraging.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I can't decide if I like this show or not. It reminds me a lot of Heros and now it seems there's a good side and a bad side? We're continuing to watch but I'm not completely sold yet...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I was surprised that they're having a take no prisoners attitude towards the characters. I love this show more and more. I was pleasantly surprised to see a former classmate on the show too!

I thought it was interesting to see their handler get killed this week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The handler has the worst luck with shows! The last one he starred in was cancelled after one season and now this.
    I really like how the team of alphas mesh together and it seems very natural rather than forced chemistry.

August 1, 2011

Very good episode. Luv'd the Anna character. Here is a person who appears totally withdrawn, autistic and yet she is leading the Red Cell Movement. I thought it was extremely clever the way Anna and Gary were able to communicate and then later how Anna was able to use Gary's ability against him. I like how Hicks pointed out to Dr Rosen, who is our guru, that he was over looking clues in his emotional heated search against who he thought was the enemy. Still I think Dr Rosen is missing the big picture that it looks like the government is committing genocide against the Alphas and that he is responsible.

I'm really enjoying the show too. I'm a sucker for David Strathairn. I'll watch him in anything! I'm also really happy to see Warren Christie () and I've liked Azita Ghanizada since she was on General Hospital: Night Shift. Plus, you know, Mr. Nigel-Murray!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I gave this show my usual 5 episode run to test it out, and I am definitely sticking with it. It's fun, ineresting, and the characters are likeable, and I am glad we have a different amount fo superpowers than what we'd normally see. Gary is definitely my favorite character, not just because of his cool ability, but because he's amusing, and the actor is totally nailing the part.

Seriously, how many Alphas can the asylum hold?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast