+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wilfred on FX

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Wilfred on FX

This Australian comedy series premiered on FX on June 23rd. It airs at !0 p.m. EDT on Thursday. It's an irreverent, hilarious comedy which is hard to describe, so I'll just post its Wiki entry. This week's will be 3rd episode. If you believe dogs have souls, you might just like this one.

Wilfred is an Australian comedy television series directed by Tony Rogers, produced by Jenny Livingston and starring Jason Gann, Adam Zwar and Cindy Waddingham. Created by Zwar, Gann and Rogers, it was based on their award-winning 2002 short film and later adapted to a series. The story follows the lives of the eponymous dog Wilfred, his owner Sarah, and her boyfriend Adam who sees Wilfred as a man in a dog suit.s

Two seasons were broadcast on SBS One* - the first in 2007 and the second in 2010. The series won three AFI Awards and was nominated for a Logie.

Independent Film Channel acquired the international broadcast rights to the original two seasons of Wilfred in 2010. A U.S. version premiered on the cable channel FX on June 23, 2011.
    *SBS One is Australia's national public TV network
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Re: Wilfred on FX

I've watched the first two episodes On Demand. It's definitely way out there! I like it though and glad to see Elijah has post LOTR work although I do see Frodo when I see him. I was wondering if since the actor is Australian, if Wilfred is an Australian Shepherd . IMO, the actor who plays Wilfred is what really makes this concept work. I've not seen the original version but this part seems tailor made for him.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

elk

Re: Wilfred on FX

I just finished the first season of the American version of Wilfred and I can't remember when I laughed so hard at a tv show. If you have an opportunity, watch or rent this show. The humor is very off-the-wall and I think dog lovers in particular might really enjoy it.

FX Canada started with the pilot episode last week and, based on the strength of that first show, I got the first season and watched them all back to back.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

+ Reply to Thread