+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

all caught up! and wow! you guys were right abt the finale being GREAT! i LOVED the scene of gus walking out after the explosion and fixing his tie, lol . . . .

and thanks to whoever posted that youtube video! it cleared up a lot of questions i had abt the poisoning. i am convinced tho that whoever made that video has an inside track on the show tho. i mean seriously, unless the person is a botonist, how would they have known that was a lily of the valley plant from that brief glimpse of it???

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    all caught up! and wow! you guys were right abt the finale being GREAT! i LOVED the scene of gus walking out after the explosion and fixing his tie, lol . . . .

and thanks to whoever posted that youtube video! it cleared up a lot of questions i had abt the poisoning. i am convinced tho that whoever made that video has an inside track on the show tho. i mean seriously, unless the person is a botonist, how would they have known that was a lily of the valley plant from that brief glimpse of it???
    I was very shocked about the Lily of the Valley Plant too. When the show originally aired, I was all over the place reading how the viewer could pin point how and when Walt gave the child the poison. I looked at the episodes over and over. Actually, they don't show it or even really give you a time frame that it could have happened, but we know it did happen, somehow.
    Walt has become a very different man. Yes, I know he didn't mean to kill the child, but still. That was too crazy and dangerous.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I finished S4 last night. Incredible finale. Very satisfying ending and even though I still cannot stand Schuyler, I do agree she's found some purpose. There were some episodes in S4 where I actually did not like Walt... at all. I could still very much empathize with him though. Good writing and acting. I loved Gustavo Fring throughout! When Hector Salamanca finally looked at him, ah man, Gus knew that was a very very bad sign... for him. Glad that no one else was hurt in that explosion - it certainly could have happened though. Walter White... from mild mannered High School Chemistry teacher to one highly complex, serious bad-ass dude. All in the span of about one year. Wow. Gus got what he wanted... revenge. Walt got what he wanted... safety (for how long, though?). At this point though, all the money that Walt 'worked so hard for' is pretty much gone.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I just love the way the writers of this show just do the unexpected. Recall when Skyler's old boss sliped on the rug and killed himself? So creative!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

But Debb... do we really know Ted is for sure d-e-a-d? It was implied, for sure, but I didn't feel any real validation of it. I knew something would be up as soon as he slightly stumbled over the rug earlier in the episode but I surely did not expect him to totally face plant and go cruising head-first into the cabinet! LOL! I mean, it's not funny but the way the scene played out it was quite comical.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Yeah, it did have a comical flare to it. I'm not sure about Ted really being dead, but I think he is. I'll have to rewatch that episode. I recall there was something about Skylar really wanting him to pay off that tax debt to save her butt. Plus, the way the rough necks who the attorney sent over reacted told me that they were shocked he died too. How bizarre. lol

While watching last season, it occurred to me that Walt really does love his brother-in-law. Think of all the stuff he's done to protect that guy. His life would have been much easier if he had just gotten rid of his brother-in-law, but Nooooooooo, he just kept hanging in there. And what is so ironic is that the guy had given up on looking for the famous meth cooker, but Walt has to let his ego go crazy and convince the guy that he's wrong and the true genius cooker is still out there!!!!!! How stupid was that!
    (Sorry, it's been so long since I watched the last season, I can't recall some of the names.)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh, does anyone remember the first episode this season and Skylar or Walt were looking in a drawer and pulled out an eyeball. It looked like a glass eye. Does anyone recall where he got that from?
    I know this was written like a year ago, but I'm just now catching up with the reruns. When the plane crashed above Walt's house, and the teddy bear doll thingy fell into the pool, the one eyeball came off and floated into the pool filter. I think Walt took it just to remind himself that he was guilty (at least in his mind) of the entire chain of events that led up to the crash.

Just my opinion, of course.

It's so interesting how every little thing is so important and tied to a string of events. So well written.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I know this was written like a year ago, but I'm just now catching up with the reruns. When the plane crashed above Walt's house, and the teddy bear doll thingy fell into the pool, the one eyeball came off and floated into the pool filter. I think Walt took it just to remind himself that he was guilty (at least in his mind) of the entire chain of events that led up to the crash.

Just my opinion, of course.

It's so interesting how every little thing is so important and tied to a string of events. So well written.
    Thank you! I had never figured that out.

Walt does have a way of attracting trouble, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thank you! I had never figured that out.

Walt does have a way of attracting trouble, doesn't he?

Haha, boy, that's for sure! He's got more bad karma than any ten people I know. Can't wait for the new season to start!

(It's been a tough weekend for me - what with the Walking Dead marathon and the reruns of Breaking Bad. )

Argh! My crazy friends had a party last night that I had to attend - no getting out of it - and missed the season 4 finale. I'm devastated. (picture me lying on my velvet chaise lounge with the back of my wrist on my forehead) I think I read above that some or all of it is on youtube? I may not have a DVR, but by gum I've got youtube. I was soooo looking forward to it, too.

Ok, enough griping...and off to watching.

Oh, just wanted to mention seeing Bryan Cranston on Dave Letterman the other night. As much as I love how Jon Hamm creates Don Draper, the way Cranston creates Walter is just amazing. You can actually see him turning evil (for lack of a better word, I think), see his ego taking over....what a fantastic actor. Now I see why he wins best actor every year.

Eeee....excited for tonight.

Geez, I'm a dork.

+ Reply to Thread