+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Some of the things I love about BB is that the writing is so unpredictable. And they actually have the characters evolve over time. I love that. Season 4 will certainly showcase how you never really know a person, no matter how much you think you do.

i can't stand skyler. i watched up to the ep when she went to 4 corners last night.

she seems like she's gained some weight this season too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Unfortunately, my cable's On Demand service doesn't have S4 up, but I'm catching them late night on my DVR. I had 3 eps waiting for me tonight and I powered through. Weirdly, I'd never taken to Skylar until the end of S3 and now she's kind of owing things, even with her trip to the 4 corners. At least that only took one episode, not 9 like on The Killing. And oddly, I like Mike a bunch. I've been slightly spoilered on S4, but I'm hoping he pulls through. Don't tell me otherwise.

Skylar can be trying, but most all of the characters can at times. I used to really dislike Jesse. His screw ups drove me crazy. As you watch season 4, you'll see how different responsiblities can change people.
    J.D. likes this.

jesse is a mess, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Skylar can be trying, but most all of the characters can at times. I used to really dislike Jesse. His screw ups drove me crazy. As you watch season 4, you'll see how different responsiblities can change people.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i can't stand skyler. i watched up to the ep when she went to 4 corners last night.

she seems like she's gained some weight this season too.
    I noticed that too... about Schuyler's weight gain. I can't stand her. Ever since the pilot I have had an extreme dislike for her and it just gets worse and worse. If nothing else, she's quite a polarizing character.
    Florimel likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I recall one scene that made me laugh so hard that I began to like Skylar. I hope you are all caught up to this point. It was when Walt and Skylar are sitting in the living room and Skylar is trying to discuss
    Click to see Spoiler:
    opening a business and laundrying money. Walt comes up with the funniest responses to her brilliant ideas. It just struck me as so funny. The writing was so clever. That is right before Skylar started sweating as much as Walt with anxiety over the bad guys or the police getting them first. LOL

Finally finished watching all the season thanks to AMC running them from the start. Of the characters Jesse is my favorite. The writing and whole cast are superb though. I agree that Sklyar is a bit bitchy, but I find that totally understandable given what here husband has done and how their lives have changed.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm all caught up too--on the episodes and now into the web of the show. I knew Gus's fate for over a year, but I end up still hanging on the fate of Mike. I hope that crazy, busted-eared dude shows up again in S5. I'm still trying to figure out how Walt knew enough about Brock to do what he did. And there's no convincing me that Gus did it and Walt didn't. There's only the question of where the ricin went.

As for Skylar, when I started watching the show, I wanted someone to cap her. She was just so annoying. And she still kind of is, but she's got a bit of a purpose. I just wish she'd shut the hell up on the cell.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'm all caught up too--on the episodes and now into the web of the show. I knew Gus's fate for over a year, but I end up still hanging on the fate of Mike. I hope that crazy, busted-eared dude shows up again in S5. I'm still trying to figure out how Walt knew enough about Brock to do what he did. And there's no convincing me that Gus did it and Walt didn't. There's only the question of where the ricin went.

As for Skylar, when I started watching the show, I wanted someone to cap her. She was just so annoying. And she still kind of is, but she's got a bit of a purpose. I just wish she'd shut the hell up on the cell.
    I totally agree about her shutting the hell up. Is anyone really that oblivious and naive? (Besides my goofy daughter, that is!)

I may have missed something here....what with 2 or 3 episodes per night.....but I'm wondering - did they ever actually show the ricin or any sort of proof that it existed? I ask because I'm wondering if Walter used that to throw the scent off (so to speak) the lily of the valley? That's just a question....I have no evidence or real reason to wonder, just a suspicion.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me stumble my way through all four seasons....I'm glad I get another chance at it!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I may have missed something here....what with 2 or 3 episodes per night.....but I'm wondering - did they ever actually show the ricin or any sort of proof that it existed?
    Walt gave the ricin to Jesse in a skinny glass vial, which Jesse hid in a cigarette. I am curious who took it or if Jesse just lost it. He's wised up a good bit, but I could still see him losing it.
    J.D. likes this.

+ Reply to Thread