+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

I'm have mixed feelings. I haven't seen the show and I'm sure he did a great job, but I think film actors how get preference at the Tony's because the are more well known and will probably be a bigger draw at the box office.

Tony is still my favorite award show BY FAR, but lately they've grown more like Oscar and Emmy. That saddens me because live theater is in a class of its own. I'm really pleased that film actors are now getting their chance on Broadway, but it has thrown things a little out of balance in my opinion. I think it's why they chose to show the memorial tribute during a commercial break. More people will know the rappers who ruined a wonderful patter song for me than will know many of the long time theater actors.

I grew up on Broadway theater; it still holds a very special place in my heart.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I love Broadway. My first live show was "A Chorus Line" in 1976 when I visited a friend in NYC. Wow. I was hooked.

Florimel, you might want to take a look at some clips of "All the Way". BC as LBJ........he was amazing. (Haven't seen the show, but lots of clips and interviews.)

Congratulations to all those involved with Breaking Bad for their recent Emmys!!!!!!! Vince was beaming with pride. I loved the acceptance speeches of Bryan, Aaron and Anna. They are so humble and just seem like truly great people who really care about each other and the entire casts and crew on that show. I got emotional with each win. I still can't believe it's gone. I miss you, Mr. White.......lol
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Congratulations to all those involved with Breaking Bad for their recent Emmys!!!!!!! Vince was beaming with pride. I loved the acceptance speeches of Bryan, Aaron and Anna. They are so humble and just seem like truly great people who really care about each other and the entire casts and crew on that show. I got emotional with each win. I still can't believe it's gone. I miss you, Mr. White.......lol
    TOTALLY agree with everything you said, Debb!!! TOTALLY!!!

I am so SAD there is no more BB. I was so emotional for the cast as all of them WON AND WON AND WON.

Vince really is amazing.

I was so proud to have been a long time viewer of BB when there are so many shows out there to watch THIS was always our biggest MUST SEE week after week.

And now its gone. Done. Over.

I was trying to look for RJ but I did not see him on stage when they all went up for the EMMY.....did you see him there?
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I agree Momrek. It's the end of something very great. I don't know of any show that can compare to it. I just hope Vince continues to create more wonderful stories. The man is a genius, IMO. It was a combination of the best story, best script, best directors, best actors, etc. What a combo. That show could make me sob and make me laugh til my sides ached.

I didn't see several cast members there, but Vince mentioned in his speech that some couldn't make it. I know that Dean Norris couldn't make it. Maybe he said RJ too.
    I have about 20 episodes of BB on my DVR! I recorded during a marathon when the series was ending. Sometimes, I just want to enjoy it again. When I need a good laugh, I like to watch the scene where Walt and Jesse are in the desert making meth when some bad guys show up and try to kill them. Walt takes the offensive and kills the guys with meth fumes in the RV. They have to get out of there, so they take off with gas masks on, high tailing out of there with the dead bad guys in back of the RV. It was soooooooooo funny. I never tire of watching. OH, and Walt has on only his underwear. And they have to stop on the road when they break down.......check it out again if you need a good laugh. It's one episode that makes my side hurt from laughing.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree Momrek. It's the end of something very great. I don't know of any show that can compare to it. I just hope Vince continues to create more wonderful stories. The man is a genius, IMO. It was a combination of the best story, best script, best directors, best actors, etc. What a combo. That show could make me sob and make me laugh til my sides ached.

I didn't see several cast members there, but Vince mentioned in his speech that some couldn't make it. I know that Dean Norris couldn't make it. Maybe he said RJ too.
    I have about 20 episodes of BB on my DVR! I recorded during a marathon when the series was ending. Sometimes, I just want to enjoy it again. When I need a good laugh, I like to watch the scene where Walt and Jesse are in the desert making meth when some bad guys show up and try to kill them. Walt takes the offensive and kills the guys with meth fumes in the RV. They have to get out of there, so they take off with gas masks on, high tailing out of there with the dead bad guys in back of the RV. It was soooooooooo funny. I never tire of watching. OH, and Walt has on only his underwear. And they have to stop on the road when they break down.......check it out again if you need a good laugh. It's one episode that makes my side hurt from laughing.
    I agree with you, Debb, I never ever tire of watching them together working their BB magic!!!

Oh and that one episode, I will check out again. It is so awesome in this day and age of TV that we have the options of watching shows via On Demand ... etc etc again and again!!!!

I did hear Vince mention Dean and figured he was possibly busy with UTD!
    KAREN

Oh yes. Dean stars in UTD and it's filmed in my home state of NC! I really like him, but never got into that show.

+ Reply to Thread