+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

I'm have mixed feelings. I haven't seen the show and I'm sure he did a great job, but I think film actors how get preference at the Tony's because the are more well known and will probably be a bigger draw at the box office.

Tony is still my favorite award show BY FAR, but lately they've grown more like Oscar and Emmy. That saddens me because live theater is in a class of its own. I'm really pleased that film actors are now getting their chance on Broadway, but it has thrown things a little out of balance in my opinion. I think it's why they chose to show the memorial tribute during a commercial break. More people will know the rappers who ruined a wonderful patter song for me than will know many of the long time theater actors.

I grew up on Broadway theater; it still holds a very special place in my heart.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Breaking Bad

I love Broadway. My first live show was "A Chorus Line" in 1976 when I visited a friend in NYC. Wow. I was hooked.

Florimel, you might want to take a look at some clips of "All the Way". BC as LBJ........he was amazing. (Haven't seen the show, but lots of clips and interviews.)

+ Reply to Thread