+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

What Gilligan must do now is supply us with more. We want more Vince. Give us a new story that is just as creative and intriguing.

One would think that after Vince setting the bar so high, that other creators would try to follow, but oh no. They seem to have dropped the ball. IMO, shows that used to be really good and up there with Breaking Bad talent wise were Mad Men, Dexter, and Homeland, but they lost their way. IMO, Matthew Weiner got too convinced of his genius and it hasn't been attractive on him. Ryan Murphy of American Horror Story is another one. Vince is sort of the only one on his level of talent, IMO. Maybe some others have the talent, but their ego gets in their way.
    combatcutie likes this.

Really good interview - Bryan Cranston on Howard Stern 3/4/2014

Highlights:

- He talks about having breakfast with Anthony Hopkins after Hopkins praised his performance as Walter White

- He cried after doing the scene where he let Jane die

- He had a psycho stalker ex-girlfriend

- He wanted Walt to have affairs with other women, but Vince Gilligan nixed the idea

Howard Stern Show : Bryan Cranston Interview 03/04/14 - YouTube
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Thanks. I like Stern.

I'm glad Vince didn't let Walt have affairs. It made sense exactly the way he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm glad Vince didn't let Walt have affairs. It made sense exactly the way he did it.
    I agree. While it made sense for Skyler to have affair with Ted, walt sleeping with another woman would have just muddied the waters.

Walter's affair was with Heisenberg. That was more all-consuming and damaging to his marriage and life than any relationship with another woman could have been.
    babyfat101 and Duckyface like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

He did make a weak play for school principal Carmen, but that was an impulse thing. She immediately put him on leave of absence.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Do any of you all watch Community? Jonathan Banks is on as a criminology professor and this past week's episode was a kind of take on BrBa, complete with a Vince Gilligan cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    He did make a weak play for school principal Carmen, but that was an impulse thing. She immediately put him on leave of absence.
    Yes, I remember that. It was very bizarre and humorous, but I can't recall why he did it. Was he trying to get back at Skylar or was he trying to get fired from his job so he would have time to cook meth? I can't recall.

I just finished watching all 6 seasons in 2 weeks on Netflix. The writing, acting directing was amazing. Loved the ending with Bad Company's Baby Blue.
    Now what should I start to watch next? Suggestions?
    combatcutie and Fanny Mare like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread