+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

I think Aaron Paul has a new movie coming out soon.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Whatever awards this show won, was well deserved. Like I said, great cast, great characters, acting, powerful scenes, great story.

This one scene stuck in my head for a while:

Breaking Bad - Walt loses it - (4x11 Crawl Space Ending Scene) - YouTube

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think Aaron Paul has a new movie coming out soon.
    I think so too and there is talk to do a Breaking Bad spinoff with him as the lead character. I just started watching a few weeks ago and I was hooked from the first episode. I am team Jesse. I don't mind Walt, but he has gotten on my nerves a certain times
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh yeah. Jesse got on my nerves a bunch of times. Like when he kept keeping drug addicts in his house, doing stupid things that brought the cops right to their door, ignoring his attorney's advice, influenced his girlfriend to relapse back into drugs, threw money out of his car window, and the list goes on. He caused the final outcome, IMO. Still, Jesse did make for some funny moments.....like when he was scared to go on the trip to Mexico as the cook. He asked Walt what if he couldn't speak their language. What if they only speak in "MEXICAN?" lol Oh, Jesse!

Oh yeah. Jesse got on my nerves a bunch of times. Like when he kept keeping drug addicts in his house, doing stupid things that brought the cops right to their door, ignoring his attorney's advice, influenced his girlfriend to relapse back into drugs, threw money out of his car window, and the list goes on. He caused the final outcome, IMO. Still, Jesse did make for some funny moments.....like when he was scared to go on the trip to Mexico as the cook. He asked Walt what if he couldn't speak their language. What if they only speak in "MEXICAN?" lol Oh, Jesse!
    I think Jessie and Walt needed each other, that's why I loved it. Their complicated, ugly, funny, faithful, crazy relationship
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with all of what you stated. He definitely did some major stupid things, but something about him has me rooting for him. He reminds me a lot of my nephew. The part that got me the most were the scenes with his parents basically not wanting him. I understand that there is only so much a parent can do if you are going down the wrong path, but it tugged at my heart strings that he really had no one.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I have heard that Just Call Saul is set in a time BEFORE Saul met Walt, so that precludes Jesse from being a character in the new show or does it? Recall when they first hooked up with Saul? It was Jesse who suggested him. Recall he told Walt they needed a CRIMINAL attorney. And he put the emphasis on CRIMINAL as in he knew how low Saul was. So he had to know him somewhat. I would love to see Jesse and Saul again.

I loved Saul, all his cellphones, and the hello kitty phone he gave to Jessie
    -Andy Rooney-

The only downside to Breaking Bad is that it's now the show that all others are measured against. This is what I think when I watch every other show now: Walking Dead? Interesting premise, but cartoonish characters with no complexity. Downton Abbey? The pacing and foreshadowing are hackish. Imagine how Vince Gilligan would have handled Matthew's death. House of Cards? Brilliant, but some plot contrivances could be tighter and more logical.

So in short, damn you Vince Gilligan for spoiling me!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    The only downside to Breaking Bad is that it's now the show that all others are measured against. This is what I think when I watch every other show now: Walking Dead? Interesting premise, but cartoonish characters with no complexity. Downton Abbey? The pacing and foreshadowing are hackish. Imagine how Vince Gilligan would have handled Matthew's death. House of Cards? Brilliant, but some plot contrivances could be tighter and more logical.

So in short, damn you Vince Gilligan for spoiling me!
    Us too! he has ruined shows for us..LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread