+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I had never seen this so I started watching on Netflix streaming. I'm into season 1/episode 2 and I had to stop when he is deciding to kill someone. There have been clever parts - even with the inadvertent killing, but I don't know if this is for me.
    I never ever thought I would be cheering for someone that makes meth, for me its nothing short of brilliant
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes this show's awesome.

I remember that disturbing scene from early on where they use that acid to melt that dead guy's body and it falls through the ceiling.

I recall the funny scenes in the early days when Walt and Jesse would try to escape from criminals and the cops. It was so comical. The time they set the desert brush on fire....Walt running around in his underwear.......driving the RV with dead bodies inside with a gas mask on......too funny.....................lol

That a show like this with its inherent violence, evil, and and abhorrent characters can become must watch tv for someone like me, who ephatically dislikes all of those elements, is a tribute to the excellence of the writers, directors, and actors.

One of the things it did best, in my opinion, was to gradually ease the audience into the most gruesome aspects of that life. It let each season's stories and characters become significantly more brutal rather than how most shows handle that kind of story. It has my utmost respect.
    Arielflies, Debb70 and JohnnyK like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Vince Gilligan is my hero! Is he the producer of the upcoming show that is about Saul? I'm eagerly awaiting that.

Ok, I have all the episodes taped and I have started watching them. I am on episode 3 and I am not really feeling it. I think I will try to continue but something is missing from the show, not sure what. Hopefully it will get better...anybody else felt that way?

Quote Originally Posted by r2maybs View Post
    Ok, I have all the episodes taped and I have started watching them. I am on episode 3 and I am not really feeling it. I think I will try to continue but something is missing from the show, not sure what. Hopefully it will get better...anybody else felt that way?
    Episode 3 of which season? Season one? I say keep watching.

The first time I tuned in was mid way through the first season. I had to backtrack, but the first 20 minutes in and I was hooked. I suppose it may not be your thing, but I would be surprised, since the writing and acting are way above any other drama on tv, IMO. This is supported by many fans and critics.

Also, the show really kicks into gear once Walt and Jesse pair up. This creates tension and suspense, as well as lots of ridiculous situations. That is likely to raise your interest.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I had never seen this so I started watching on Netflix streaming. I'm into season 1/episode 2 and I had to stop when he is deciding to kill someone. There have been clever parts - even with the inadvertent killing, but I don't know if this is for me.
    Hubby has always enjoyed this show, he likes more violent shows. I never liked it cuz of the violence. That said, when it was showing on tv, I did watch the final season with him [he explained the background] and have to say that it is absolutely outstanding. Especially the ending/last epi which ties everything up "nicely". We just watched the final season again via netflix streaming over the last few days, and again, I am in awe of the acting and writing. And I wish there was a place to go to watch the PG version, for people like us. I suggest you stick with it, and fast forward when you sense violence.

I also felt the same way [couldn't watch too much violence, watched last season] with The Shield, which we watched again [Amazon Prime] just recently.
    Last edited by babyfat101; 02-26-2014 at 02:33 PM.

I have watched every episode of BB and never got the impression of it being overly violent. There are a few times it's graphic, like when Gus cuts the guy's throat, but normally it's not that scary, IMO. What bothers me more are creepy, serial killer scenes that are the norm on shows like Criminal Minds. That show freaks me out. I have always had an issue with the manner in which they show human suffering. It's one show I can't take. Most of BB is drug dealer stuff.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have watched every episode of BB and never got the impression of it being overly violent. There are a few times it's graphic, like when Gus cuts the guy's throat, but normally it's not that scary, IMO. What bothers me more are creepy, serial killer scenes that are the norm on shows like Criminal Minds. That show freaks me out. I have always had an issue with the manner in which they show human suffering. It's one show I can't take. Most of BB is drug dealer stuff.
    BB had sprinkles of really dark humor though, which I loved. I loved the complex relationship between Jessie and Walt. Often it was on its last legs and yet they were always truly fond of one another..damn I wish it were still on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread