+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It seems that link was removed because of a copyright complaint by corporate bully Sony. I'd like to have seen it.
    Yeah.....but some other sites still have it. Try googling "Breaking Bad Alternate Ending"

I am just going to start to watch the series and don't even really know what it is about. Quick questions, what is the best season, does it ever jump the shark or decrease in quality, anything I should do/know to prepare for it. Looking forward to it...

Thanks in advance...

Just my opinion. This show was fabulous and deserves watching. Like all good shows, it had its up and downs, strong and weak stories, characters, and episodes, high points and low points, but the overall quality was both excellent and unique.

My favorite seasons were the first two and the last. I'm sure other viewers have other opinions. It's just about impossible not to have them. Hope this helps a tad.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

My experience with the show was that it started out GREAT and stayed that way. There were some characters that I wanted to shake at times, but some changed for the better. At one point, I didn't care for Skylar, but grew to really like her. I always liked Walt, but he drew my patience at times. Still, he was always my favorite.

The technical aspects of the show were always almost perfect. I am a huge nit picker, but it was difficult to do with this show, because they are so very careful with the writing and production. The acting is top notch too. The last season was awesome and even went up in quality, IMO. I'm not sure of anything negative I could say about it.

This is the show by which I say sets the standard. Vince Gilligan is tops in my book.
    J.D. and wannasee like this.

For anyone who's interested in binge viewing, AMC is running a four-day marathon that will include every episode of the show. I believe it starts on Friday and runs through Monday. The episodes seem to start at 1PM each day and end at 6AM the following day. That's in my mountain time, so you'll probably want to verify start times in your own time zone.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by r2maybs View Post
    I am just going to start to watch the series and don't even really know what it is about. Quick questions, what is the best season, does it ever jump the shark or decrease in quality, anything I should do/know to prepare for it. Looking forward to it...

Thanks in advance...
    Florimel, thanks for that reminder about the marathon that's coming on. I recorded the marathon the last time they ran it and watched those old episodes again. It was such a TREAT. I had forgotten just how genius the show is. And this show really builds on small details from previous seasons. So that if you had not watched previous seasons, some of the people and events in the finale, wouldn't make as much sense.

Also, the first two seasons seemed to have the most humor in them. Some of the adventures that Walt and Jesse had in the desert were so hysterical that i laughed out loud. Those who watched it know what I mean.

If you're new to the show, make sure you catch those first two seasons. SO good and funny.

I'm embarrassed to say that not until the after the finale did I realize that the actor show played Jesse, appeared in HBO's Big Love series as Bill's daughter's boyfriend. I can't believe I missed that.

I watched the alternate ending and it was not for me. I'll stick with the actual one.

I loved this show, we watched all the seasons, and just couldn't get enough of Walt! so good. I am sad there is no more, but we loved the ending
    Marlena_M likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm was thrilled that Breaking Bad won Best TV drama awards by the Golden Globes AND the Screen Actor's Guild Award. Bryan Cranston took both awards for Best Actor in TV Drama series too!I was relieved that Homeland did not win, nor did Claire Danes. Maggie Smith took the win by the SAG awards for best female lead actress on a tv series and Robin Wright for House of Cards by the Golden Globe.

Golden Globes 2014: The winners list - CNN.com

Well color me annoyed. The other night I watched the last episode with my son before he went back to school. We had been watching independently from the beginning over the last couple of months. We were both left with a "huh?" reaction to the finale. So this morning I decided to pop on here to get a feel for what other people thought. Guess what? WE DIDN'T WATCH THE FINALE!! I had no idea Netflix was only streaming half of the episodes from the last season!!! So now I have to figure out where I can watch the rest AND I have spoiled a great deal of the ending for myself.

Thanks Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Well color me annoyed. The other night I watched the last episode with my son before he went back to school. We had been watching independently from the beginning over the last couple of months. We were both left with a "huh?" reaction to the finale. So this morning I decided to pop on here to get a feel for what other people thought. Guess what? WE DIDN'T WATCH THE FINALE!! I had no idea Netflix was only streaming half of the episodes from the last season!!! So now I have to figure out where I can watch the rest AND I have spoiled a great deal of the ending for myself.

Thanks Netflix.
    I know!!! that happened to us. So, I quickly called a rental place and they had what is call BB the final episodes, and we finished it all. YOU have to see it!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread