+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

I'm still watching the entire series from start to finish...AGAIN. I recorded when they ran the marathon and I'm now up to the part where Brock has been poisoned. I know that part was very controversial, so I have watched it very carefully.

I'm amazed at how much I have laughed rewatching these older episodes. The writing is so clever and funny!

Some particularly funny parts were:
    When Walt and Hank cooked in the RV in the desert. Walt in his underwear!

When Walt and Skylar discussed how they would tell their made up story about Walt being a gambler to Hank and Marie. Walt sits there with this look on his face as Skylar lays out when to cry and when to look ashamed. lol

When Jesse is explaining how scared he is to go to Mexico with Guss and Mike to show the cartel lab how to make good meth. He's all afraid he won't be able to do it. He asked Walt what will he do if everything is written in MEXICAN. lol You have to love Jesse at times.

When Saul is getting a pedicure and explains what it means to launder money to Jesse.

When Marie is making up these wild stories to people as she pretends to view their house for purchase. What a liar.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    {snip}

{snip}
    Walt and Hank never cooked.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Hank was a DEA agebt - he never cooked meth.

When Walt and Skylar discussed how they would tell their made up story about Walt being a gambler to Hank and Marie. Walt sits there with this look on his face as Skylar lays out when to cry and when to look ashamed.
    That was funny; Skyler's 5 pg 'script' = Walt asking her if she was going to cry on cue.

Yes, I know. I've watched all episodes over the years and am very familiar with all the main characters. It was a mistake when I typed Hank, instead of Jesse. I meant Walt and Jesse upthread, who cooked meth in the desert. Sorry.

Wow...

Several hundred people traveled to Alberquerque NM last Sat to attend a mock funeral for Walter White. Looks like some wore Heisenberg hats.

"Breaking Bad": Fake Walter White funeral causes a stir - CBS News

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm still watching the entire series from start to finish...AGAIN. I recorded when they ran the marathon and I'm now up to the part where Brock has been poisoned. I know that part was very controversial, so I have watched it very carefully.

I'm amazed at how much I have laughed rewatching these older episodes. The writing is so clever and funny!

When Walt and Skylar discussed how they would tell their made up story about Walt being a gambler to Hank and Marie. Walt sits there with this look on his face as Skylar lays out when to cry and when to look ashamed. lol

When Jesse is explaining how scared he is to go to Mexico with Guss and Mike to show the cartel lab how to make good meth. He's all afraid he won't be able to do it. He asked Walt what will he do if everything is written in MEXICAN. lol You have to love Jesse at times.

When Saul is getting a pedicure and explains what it means to launder money to Jesse.

When Marie is making up these wild stories to people as she pretends to view their house for purchase. What a liar.
    I recorded these and am watching these for the first time. I'm just starting Season 5 - 2012. and can't believe that is page 1 of this thread! I don't want to read spoilers so I'll stay out til I'm done! Enjoying it though - but intense! It's great to see the "TRANSFORMATION" though of Mr. White. Wow - what a great show that I can't believe I missed til now!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    In the honor of Ron Palillo, "Ooh, ooh, ooh, Mr. Kotter!" I can answer this one. I spent a VERY rainy day re-watching season 1 & a few eps of season 2 and just finished this episode. And keeping in mind this question was posted & I wanted to know the answer too, I paid close attention.

When Tuco gets Walter and Jesse into Tio's house, he makes them empty their pockets. He rifles through their wallets, noting that Walt's name isn't Heisenberg and that he has a family, which will make great collateral. He notes Jesse's lack of cash and a sad, seemingly old-ish unused condom. But then he gives back everything aside from the ricin-laced meth, which Jesse tries to persuade him to try but it smells funky to Tuco. Jesse says it's a secret ingredient--chilli powder--and that turns Tuco off. Tuco then goes to cook dinner. Tuco finishes plating what looks like some cross-between of a burrito and a fajita, Walt & Jesse are at the table, Walt ham-fistedly tries to put the ricin/meth into Tuco's tortilla, and then Tio goes nuts with the bell, gets Tuco's tortilla and slaps it off the table. After dinner is over, Tio is decidedly pissed at Walt (and Jesse, but mostly Walt) and there's a Q/A session between Tio and Tuco, then the whole outside business goes down.

Sorry for being so obsessively detailed, but I literally just watched this 10 minutes ago. And good gods, I love this show though I'm sure I'm going to be on some kind of watch list for googling the correct spelling of "ricin". And I'm sure I'm destined for a certain kind of very weird loony bin, as I've seen Walt make ricin twice now in a toaster oven and think, "Hey, SonJa has a new market for her toaster oven" on RHONYC. I think I take a M/L in the little white coats with sleeves that bind in the back.
    Not being able to read too far in this thread - I just re-saw the episode to see that the wallets were given back to them. also, just having seen the Seasons 1-4 recently (the past week or 2 since the Series finale), I'm watching Season 5 with extreme laziness to savor the series. And trying to stay out of this thread to not read any spoilers!!!

Just saw the finale this morning!! Wow!! Now I'm going to read this entire thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    It seems that link was removed because of a copyright complaint by corporate bully Sony. I'd like to have seen it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread