+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Just a bit of trivia……..In "Gliding Over All" when Walt enters the restaurant to meet Lydia to the left you can see a couple (man’s back is to camera, woman in blue blouse facing camera). IRL they own the Hank/Marie house. Vince Gilligan let them work as extras….in addition to paying them a substantial fee for use of their home, I’m sure.

VG mentions the couple in the Extra Features section of the DVD. I can't remember their name.

Yes, I 've heard that Vince gave lots of people small on camera parts and that he also named the characters the names of people he cared about. I read that Holly is the name of his girlfriend!

Giving tv characters the names of the writers' friends and family isn't unusual and has been going on for decades. I worked on a few tv shows years ago and that was the norm rather than the exception. Oh the other hand, it's probably less common today since there are so many more unusual first names in use.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Just a bit of trivia……..In "Gliding Over All" when Walt enters the restaurant to meet Lydia to the left you can see a couple (man’s back is to camera, woman in blue blouse facing camera). IRL they own the Hank/Marie house. Vince Gilligan let them work as extras….in addition to paying them a substantial fee for use of their home, I’m sure.

VG mentions the couple in the Extra Features section of the DVD. I can't remember their name.
    I'm sure those homeowners would be happy for me to point out that the interiors of the White home DO NOT resemble their home. They just use the exteriors.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm sure those homeowners would be happy for me to point out that the interiors of the White home DO NOT resemble their home. They just use the exteriors.
    I was referring to the Schrader home (not the White home). The owners of the Schrader home were extras in the scene I referenced.

Bryan Cranston is going to play President Lyndon B. Johnson on Broadway.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...broadway/?_r=0

I want him back on a series, playing a totally different kind of role than Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    I was referring to the Schrader home (not the White home). The owners of the Schrader home were extras in the scene I referenced.
    Ah, my bad. I misread that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread