+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

REF. Jane Yeah, Walt took the money over to Jesse and left it. He begged Jesse to get help with his drug addiction. He and Jane were both doing heroin. Then he went to this bar to drink and think. He told Skylar he was outing trying to find newborn pampers and the stores were all out! Too funny. In the bar he sat next to Jane's dad, which he had no idea. They struck up a conversation about their kids. Jane's dad was worried about Jane, because he had discovered she had relapsed and she had promised to go to rehab the next morning. Jane's dad told Walt to never give up on family. Walt had said his nephew was worrying him a lot. (He was referring to Jesse.)

So, Walt taking the advice to never give up on family went back to Jesse's apt. to try to talk him into rehab one more time. He sees them asleep through the window and goes him. So, he was there for a good reason. Actually, letting Jane die, was the thing that got Jesse motiviated enough to go to rehab.

What I never understood is why Jane's dad intentionally caused that mid air plane collision. It wasn't a mistake. You could see him watching the planes collide and he kept intructing them to do it. I never got that.

Jane's father did not intentionally cause the crash.

Donald Margolis - Breaking Bad Wiki

All this time and I always thought the guy intentionally caused the collision. I'll accept it, but they couldn't have made it look anymore intentional if they have tried. Non-attentiveness would have been easy to portray, but they have him looking straight at the planes and constantly giving them instructions to collide. I don't know......I'd like a direct explanation from Gilligan on this one.

When he was giving instructions, he mistakenly said "Jane" instead of another name, I think it was Juliet....watch the scene again. Later Jane's father was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound (grief and guilt that his error caused the plane crash and death of so many people). Whether he survived the suicide attempt was never known.

Now……please don’t misinterpret this…but I see/participate in a lot of discussions about BB. This is the first time I have seen anyone say Mr. Margolis intentionally caused the crash. Of course, you have a right to your opinion but I’m not sure where you will get a direct explanation, per se, from Vince Gilligan. You can try googling “Inside Breaking Bad (insert name of the episode(s) regarding the crash) and/or the special features on the DVD for those particular episodes. VG makes a lot of commentary.

'Walt was second handedly responsible for this incident because of his second hand involvement in the death of Jane. This ultimately culminated the results of Donald Margolis feeling grief-stricken and accidentally giving wrong instructions for the incident to occur."

Wayfarer 515 - Breaking Bad Wiki

I never interpreted his actions as deliberate. It was grief overtaking him and distracting him. What reason would he have to inflict all that pain - pain he himself was feeling - on so many other people?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My question exactly. Why would he do it? Makes no sense, but, people do odd things. I'll accept the explanation, however, I do question why they made the guy look so deliberate and focused on the collision. Odd.

And I also think that Jesse was more responsible for Jane's death than Walt. Walt had been begging Jesse to go to rehab. He returned that night to beg him once again to go to rehab when he witnessed Jane die.

Recall how Jesse is the one who influenced Jane to relapse. He didn't force her to do the drugs, but when they became lovers, he made it clear he loved it and offered her some. At first she turned him down, but the next time you see them, she's in bed with the drugs by her side. That's it for her. She then resumes her heroin use, introduces Jesse to heroin and then takes too much so that she is incapacitated when she vomits in her sleep.

Jane was responsible for her own death. When people do drugs, especially a dangerous drug like heroin, they assume a certain risk.

It was sad that she and Jesse had talked of starting fresh the next day. They even talked of flushing the drugs they had on them and starting fresh that night, but.....they didn't. They must have taken all the drugs since they knew it was their last night of doing them.

Last night I watched another episode from the marathon I recorded. It's when Hank tracks down the RV that Jesse and Walt had been cooking in. Walt was having it destroyed, but Jesse freaks out and leads Hank straight to the junk yard where the RV is located. Hank is just about to get them (Walt and Jesse are inside the RV hiding), when Jesse and the junk yard guy demand a warrant for him to enter. Hank is waiting for the warrant to arrive when Walt calls Saul and has Saul's secretary pretend to be a hospital worker call and tell Hank that Marie has been injured and to come quick. He rushes to the hospital and discovers it was a ruse. Enraged, he drives to Jesse's house, since the RV has now vanished, and beats Jesse to a pulp. He gets suspended for this. Hank did have quite a temper.

Isn't this touching? It's an obituary for Walter White in a real news paper. lol

‘Breaking Bad’ Fan group places paid obituary for Walter White | ABQJournal Online

+ Reply to Thread