+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

EXCLUSIVE: ‘Breaking Bad’ Before the Fame SuperCut!

Aaron Paul went on The Price Is Right and played it up to the max.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

There is one element of the finale that has kind of surprised me that it didn't generate more discussion. Does anyone have any thoughts on the official cause of Walt's death? He appeared to have been hit in the massive shootout, but was able to move around and talk after that. In the final scene, we saw him walking around admiring the lab, as we heard the police coming up. In the next shot, he was laying on the ground dead, and police entered guns drawn. Was it the original gun shot that finally did him in? A second self-inflicted gunshot? A suicide by cop by not obeying police orders to drop his weapon? I liked that for everything that was wrapped up, that tidbit was left a bit open. I really expected that in the chatter today, it would be a focal point, kind of like the "did Tony die or not" debate at the end of the Sopranos.

"Jesse" made an appearance on Saturday Night Live:

Aaron Paul makes good with

Walt got hit with the gunfire from the automatic weapon he set to go off from his trunk. If you notice when he is laying on top of Jesse, blocking the bullets from Jesse's body, you see his body bump a little and there is a sound. You can tell he got hit. Then when he is standing there telling Jesse to shoot him, Jesse looks down and sees Walt is hit. I think many fans believe that Walt knew he was dying. He was bleeding internally and after a few minutes you bleed out. I think that's what happened to him.

And he had called the police and told them where to go. Recall he told Skylar that the police would come to where he was. And I guess he wasn't sure he would get all of the Nazis with his automatic weapon so he had the police on the way just in case. If he hadn't gotten shot, then he would have been taken into custody, but I think he knew he was likely to get mortally wounded. This is how I saw it.

I agree, Walt was hit with a bullet and was bleeding. He did nothing to stop it or slow the bleeding.

All the Nazis standing together so that they were all hit was a bit stretched, but I guess they were watching the fight between Jesse and Walt and loving it until the bullets came flying their way.

Walt was touching the lab equipment kind of lovingly, then kept bleeding, then the police lights were flashing as he died.

I will truly miss this show! Fantastic series from beginning to end.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

From what I have heard, there are special treats in the box set, such as extra scenes that didn't air, extra interviews, etc. I hope there are behind the scene pieces too. I have never invested in a box set of DVD's, but I think I will on this.

Does anyone recall the scene that was shown when Jesse and Walt were not cooking. Guss was trying to get Walt to come cook for him at the time. Jesse went into a convenience store to buy some cigarettes and discovered he didn't have money, so he offered the clerk, a young girl, a pack of meth. At first she turned him down, so he then convinces her how great it is. She says, isn't it terrible though and he denies it and says that's all media hype. I just saw this again on the marathon and it really surprised me that Jesse would intentionally get this girl started on meth, knowing that he had not long gotten out of rehab. Did he think that only heroin was a terrible drug. I know that is what killed Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    From what I have heard, there are special treats in the box set, such as extra scenes that didn't air, extra interviews, etc. I hope there are behind the scene pieces too. I have never invested in a box set of DVD's, but I think I will on this.

Does anyone recall the scene that was shown when Jesse and Walt were not cooking. Guss was trying to get Walt to come cook for him at the time. Jesse went into a convenience store to buy some cigarettes and discovered he didn't have money, so he offered the clerk, a young girl, a pack of meth. At first she turned him down, so he then convinces her how great it is. She says, isn't it terrible though and he denies it and says that's all media hype. I just saw this again on the marathon and it really surprised me that Jesse would intentionally get this girl started on meth, knowing that he had not long gotten out of rehab. Did he think that only heroin was a terrible drug. I know that is what killed Jane.
    I remember the scene at the remote gas station/convenience store. The girl was kind of chubby, and she clearly thought Jesse was cute. Later when Hank talked to her she talked about Jesse’s blue eyes (although at the time Hank didn’t know it was Jesse). When Vince Gilligan discussed the scene, he said not only was Jesse a drug dealer, he was a drug pusher.

As far as Jane, she is the one who introduced Jesse to heroin. So, in a way she was also a drug pusher. She did not die from heroin – she died of asphyxiation because she was laying on her back and choked on her own vomit (as Walt watched).

I like the DVDs because they have lots of extra features – comments from VG and the actors, explanations of how certain scenes were done. I get the DVDs from Netflix then later rewatch some on Netflix instant.

Oh, thanks for the info on Netflix.

Ref. Jane, what I meant is that the heroin made her very sleepy and out of it and therefore she was not able to awake when she vomited and so she choked to death.

Yeah, Debb70.Jane and Jesse were both 'zonked out'.

Of course, the humane thing for Walt to do would have been to turn Jane on her side. But she had called him at home, making threats and demanding he bring Jesse’s money ($480K). So Walt brought the money over earlier. Then he went back, I think to kind of smooth things over …….and saw both of them in bed and high and in a deep sleep. The needles, etc. were on the nightstand. Walt kind of grimaced, but he also figured that Jane dying was a way to solve the problem. (I actually think Jane would have continued to blackmail Walt and/or taken Jesse’s money.)

(btw, Jane/Krysten Ritter had started filming "Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23", which was kind of funny considering her role in BB.)
    Last edited by tango7; 10-01-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread