+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad

VG did it up right. Awesome ending. I'm glad Jesse was freed.

Someone said Todd looked like a Chuckie doll as he was laying there dead.

Great finale.

Awesome finale. I am glad Jesse was freed and liked how Walt got rid of the neo-Nazi psychos St. Valentine day massacre style. It was a right ending. To the writers of Dexter: THIS is how you do a series finale. I will miss this show so much. At least I have crazy Carrie and Co. on Homeland to keep me company on Sunday nights.

that just may have been the best series finale i've ever seen!!!!!! makes the dexter one all the more horrible!

i'm actually ok w the show being over thanks to that finale.

I was so sad watching last night. The after show helped. Did anyone watch Talking Bad that came on afterwards? It was so good. Many cast members and Vince Gilligan were guests. They talked about the ending and the series in general. Very touching.

I will watch the finale many times over the next week or two. I'll be trying to see every detail and savor it.

Does anyone know why Walt laid his watch on the pay phone? Did it have a tracking device by his Cleaner guy?

I loved the song Baby Blue at the end. Vince said that he thought Walt was quite content to die there with the lab that he created.

Does anyone know how Walt knew where the Todd and the their lab was?

I started watching the marathon last week from episode ONE and really enjoying it. It's been awhile since I saw them for the first time. One thing I noticed is that after the mid air plane collision, everyone on the show wore the blue ribbons on their clothes for months, except Walt didn't. Hmmmm....

A couple of weeks ago, I read a speculation about the finale that turned out to be almost completely correct. Can you believe it?
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-30-2013 at 11:02 AM.

FORT Fogey

I think the perfection of that finale shows just what can happen when a show is developed from the get go with a beginning, middle, and end. When the show was created, Vince Gilligan knew the story he wanted to tell, knew how long he needed it to last, and had a pretty good idea of where things would be at the end. So even though the writing process was more prolonged than a screenplay, the outlining was the same. I first became interested in this show when I heard the explanation that it was developed as a TV show because the detail needed for the story had to be longer than would fit in a movie. That REALLY shone through in the finale. I know there are not a lot of places that could develop TV in such a format of giving it 5 years, but only 5 years. But the beneift of doing that is evident. Deb, they explained the watch in the after show. Vince Gilligan said that it was largely an issue of continuity. They filmed and teased the scene where Walt makes a 52 out of bacon a long time ago, and knew they had to use it. In that scene, he's not wearing the watch, so they had to explain where it went. He also said the story element of it was that Jesse had given it to him, and he was letting go of him, and therefore the watch as well. I LOVED that in the after show, Gilligan had definitive answers to a lot of what happened and the intent rather than the "oh, it's waht you want it to be" that many show creators tend to do.
    Duckyface and Debb70 like this.

I must have missed that part. I'll have to watch the after show again too. I really wish they could have arranged for Bryan to be there. I don't care what it took. They should have gotten him on that show even if by video remote. I know he was in the air, but still.

FORT Fogey

I was sorry he wasn't there too, but I guess it's the reality of career for him. He's got a big hurdle to clear now being allowed to be viewed by audiences as something other than this character. I guess the sooner he gets to work in other roles, the sooner that freedom will come for him.

I would like Bryan do to a new series. Perhaps something totally different from BB, but yet just as memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was so sad watching last night. The after show helped. Did anyone watch Talking Bad that came on afterwards? It was so good. Many cast members and Vince Gilligan were guests. They talked about the ending and the series in general. Very touching.

I will watch the finale many times over the next week or two. I'll be trying to see every detail and savor it.

Does anyone know why Walt laid his watch on the pay phone? Did it have a tracking device by his Cleaner guy?

I loved the song Baby Blue at the end. Vince said that he thought Walt was quite content to die there with the lab that he created.

Does anyone know how Walt knew where the Todd and the their lab was?

I started watching the marathon last week from episode ONE and really enjoying it. It's been awhile since I saw them for the first time. One thing I noticed is that after the mid air plane collision, everyone on the show wore the blue ribbons on their clothes for months, except Walt didn't. Hmmmm....

A couple of weeks ago, I read a speculation about the finale that turned out to be almost completely correct. Can you believe it?
    It was actually a continuity thing. In an earlier flashback, Walt was not wearing a watch, so they had to come up with a way he his watch disappeared for those who keep track of such things. I heard Bryan Cranston explain that in an interview. I think the story motivation they came up with was that the watch had been a birthday present for his 51st birthday and he was leaving it behind on his last (52nd) birthday, but the continuity issue was the real reason behind it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread