+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

The thought of one of the kids dying is indeed troubling. I hope they don't go too overboard with killing people off in the last 2 episodes. I mean, we just had Gomez and Hank die, and I think it's pretty obvious that Walt will die at the very end as well, so I feel like the death of any other major characters would be too much. I really, really don't want Jesse to die. I want him to get out of the situation, get his act together, stay clean, and have a good life. He's wanted out for a long time now and kept getting pulled back in by Walt's actions. I don't think it will have a happy ending for him like that though. No idea what to expect now.

I don't think I've ever been this into a show before. On one hand, I'm sad that it's ending, but I'm also really glad that it's going to go out on a high note and not overstay its welcome. Too many shows fall into the trap of going on for far too long because they are popular/successful, when it would really just be better for them to end.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I'm afraid Jesse cannot be content, so I have no problem with his character going out too. I don't agree that Walt kept pulling him back in. Jesse and Walt were out of the business, but Jesse just sat around his house with drug addicts, moping and acting like a spoiled child. He couldn't be content with living his life. He has to get messed up and throw thousands of dollars of cash out the window while he drives through neigborhoods. Saul and Walt had explained why giving large sums of money to others was a big problem, but no, he ignored that and we see where he is today. IMO, Jesse won't be happy in prison, meth lab or at home.

I agree that if Walt Jr or Holly were killed, it seems unlikely that Walt would return to seek revenge and stop by the Denny's and order a breakfast. I doubt he would be sitting there arranging his bacon for amusement when he has the knowledge that his child is dead. But, who knows? I'm ready for anything.

As far as law enforcment charging Skylar, I don't know what evidence they have against her. I really wish the show would get real with this issue and actually have Skylar see a criminal defense attorney, Saul or someone else, and get an opinion. Marie's allegations aren't enough to prosecute Skylar, IMO. I hope the show is realistic in this respect.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree that if Walt Jr or Holly were killed, it seems unlikely that Walt would return to seek revenge and stop by the Denny's and order a breakfast. I doubt he would be sitting there arranging his bacon for amusement when he has the knowledge that his child is dead. But, who knows? I'm ready for anything.
    I agree. I would hope....but I've hoped a lot of things in this story so far, and have been wrong. Gilligan says we will be satisfied with the ending. He could mean anything by that....just saying that he ties up the ends and leaves us not wondering. I won't be surprised if the kids are hurt or killed, that's just what happens in this kind of story. Like you said, I'm ready for anything.

Just killing time and something occurred to me.

Back when Walt and Jesse were starting out I recall that Walt gave Jesse his life’s savings - $7,000 – to go out and buy an RV. Jesse blew most of the money (partying, etc.) and ended up buying an RV from Combo for $1,300. (The RV actually belonged to Combo’s mother and she thought it had been stolen. She told Hank about it when Hank came around looking for the RV..after Combo had been killed.) Hank didn’t even know about the Jesse/Combo connection until Combo’s mom let Hank look around in Combo’s room, and Hank noticed a picture of Jesse and Combo. Then we get the flashback about the real price of the RV. Combo had led his mom to believe the RV had been stolen, but she never reported it because Combo was killed shortly thereafter.

So as far as we know, Walt never found out he had been ripped off. In fact, we as the audience only see it in a flashback. So as deep as the deceptions go, Jesse was guilty of the first major lie. He was even gloating about how he'd ripped off the old man of his life savings.

(However, Jesse had been blackmailed by his weird old chemistry teacher to help him cook meth or he’d turn him in to the DEA.)
    Last edited by tango7; 09-22-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Emmy wins for Anna Gunn (Outstanding Supporting Actress) and Breaking Bad (Outstanding Drama).
    Last edited by tango7; 09-22-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    J.D. and Debb70 like this.

Well, I'm still not sure what part of last night's show was supposed to be so chilling that it had the cast shaking and sick. Was it Todd breaking into ilttle Holly's bedroom? Was it the murder of Brock's mother? Was it Walt Jr, wishing his dad was dead? I think that Anna Gunn was either misquoted about which episode that happened in. Because it would make sense if they were talking about the death of Hank, but not these other scenes, IMO.

At any rate, I didn't get that it was as dramatic as the week before. In fact, I'm still rather disappointed. What evidence do they have against Hank? And against Skylar? Apparently, not much, because they haven't charged her with anything. The guy hiding Hank told him they were intending to take it before a grand jury. What they intend to take is a mystery. I find this all very unlike Vince.

I really hate that Brock's mom was killed, but I would have thought Jesse knew this would happen if he tried to escape. Oh, after they shot her, someone said something about the kid. Did they mean they were going to also kill the kid, or they were leaving the kid alive to continue to put a threat over Jesse?

The guy hiding Hank
    ?? Do you mean Walt?

After all the hype, I was also disappointed.

And Jesse is an idiot. He could have easily left with his $5 million, taken Andrea and Brock with him, lived a nice life. Instead - he stayed and got in deeper, Andrea is dead, Jesse is a meth slave, and who knows what will happen to Brock.

Walt thinking he could get money to his family is kind of silly to me. Wouldn't the DEA be monitoring the family's spending habits and realize that they suddenly have an unexplainable amount of money on hand?

The Grey Matter angle .....meh.

I hope the finale isn't a letdown.
    Last edited by tango7; 09-23-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    J.D. likes this.

I know I have been a Jesse fangirl, but I was annoyed at him last night. Andrea being murdered was preventable. He should have taken them out of harm's way when he had the chance and also avoided being a meth slave. And also, what did he think the picture of her and Brock in the meth lab was for? A charming little office cubicle family photo? It was an obvious threat if he decided not to play by their rules. What on earth was so upsetting about this episode? I agree that she must have been misquoted. I could see the cast being really upset and physically ill over last week's episode or perhaps next week's finale, but this one wasn't as intense.

Sorry, about post upthread. I meant Walt not Hank. I have a funny story about that. I read an article somewhere that the fan often wrote Hank for Walt and vice versa. Ever since I read that, I have done it too! It's weird. I know the difference, but just mean one, but type the other's name.

Yes, I read that Anna said it was the events in the episode next to the last one that got them all shaken up, but I don't believe it. She must have meant the week before.

If Jesse really cared about Andrea and Brock, he might have called and told her that he was getting ready to ease his conscience and throw wads of money from his car and that it was likely that was going to cause a stink and get people in trouble and when those people get in trouble, they are likely to want to harm Jesse or people Jesse cares about, but noooooo, he couldn't see any further than the nose on his face. If he had warned her, perhaps she could have gone into hiding or at least gotten a gun for protection. Or he might have given her a curtesy warning call when he was hanging out with Hank and Gomez. He should have known that things don't always go right and told her to be on the look out, just in case some unsavory characters from his past came knocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I know I have been a Jesse fangirl, but I was annoyed at him last night. Andrea being murdered was preventable. He should have taken them out of harm's way when he had the chance and also avoided being a meth slave. And also, what did he think the picture of her and Brock in the meth lab was for? A charming little office cubicle family photo? It was an obvious threat if he decided not to play by their rules. What on earth was so upsetting about this episode? I agree that she must have been misquoted. I could see the cast being really upset and physically ill over last week's episode or perhaps next week's finale, but this one wasn't as intense.
    Yeah, that seemed like a really obvious oversight on his part. You'd think that he would have thought of that from the moment he saw the picture of Andrea and Brock: "stay in line, or we kill/hurt them". I feel like Jesse will never have peace now that Andrea has been murdered because of him. Jesse does not have any positive relationships with other people at this point, so I feel like he may commit suicide (despite the fact that I'd like to see a warm and fuzzy ending for him in which he turns his life around and is happy). I think he might blow up the meth lab while he and the Nazis are inside it, possibly with Walt's help, but he's probably too angry at Walt for that. We still know from the flash forward that Walt goes to the house to get ricin and gets a big gun (can't remember the type). I believe the ricin might be for Lydia, since the show always makes a big deal out of her getting a specific kind of tea and this episode she wanted more Stevia, which probably work to mix with ricin. On the other hand, I think this might be too obvious of an answer, and this show is known for doing the unexpected. The gun, I expect, is for the Nazis, assuming they don't meet their end in some other way.

I'm very interested to see how Walt dies. Does he let the cancer take him, or does he take his own life? I must say, I thought that the show would be closer to tying up all the loose ends with only one episode to go. I feel like there's a lot to cover with Walt and Jesse, and now Grey Matter has been reintroduced, and we still need to see what happens with Skyler/Jr/Holly, and possibly Saul and Marie as well. Hopefully the finale doesn't feel rushed.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread