+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

FOR SALE:

Lovely 3BR family home

308 Negra Arroyo Lane
    Albuquerque, New Mexico

FEATURES:

Super large cheese pizza on roof
    Flooring well-doused with gasoline
    Axe-wielding maniacs in master bedroom
    Pool in backyard with pink one-eyed teddy bear
    Storage area in crawlspace (comes with space saver bags)
    Rotting foundation
    Poisin (ricin) in bedroom electrical outlet
    Listening devices drilled into plaster
    candor and Debb70 like this.

I think part of what makes me not like Marie a whole lot is that she seems so condescending, so self righteous. While obviously things that Walt's done have been horrible and inexcusable, that doesn't let Hank of the hook for all the times he's bent and broken the law in pursuit of Heisenberg.

Marie had her own set of problems awhile back. I think Skylar wanted her to get help and not arrested. Recall she gave Skylar a baby gift that she had stolen from a store? Then later she went to a open house and stole silverware. I wonder if she's ever stopped stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I think part of what makes me not like Marie a whole lot is that she seems so condescending, so self righteous. While obviously things that Walt's done have been horrible and inexcusable, that doesn't let Hank of the hook for all the times he's bent and broken the law in pursuit of Heisenberg.
    Just not understanding the Marie/Hank resentment and shrugging off everything Walt has done. Almost scarey. Walt is the picture of condescending. I also think manufacturing meth, murdering people, poisoning a child, lying, deception, and sel-serving manipulation are much worse. But, that’s me. Oh, well.

Anyway………last night Aaron Paul/Jesse was on Jimmy Kimmel and Lavelle Crawford/Huell was also a guest. Really funny! It’s worth going to abc.com and watching if you missed the show.

btw, Aaron said that if you think last Sunday’s episode was intense, the upcoming final two shows are much, much worse.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Just not understanding the Marie/Hank resentment and shrugging off everything Walt has done. Almost scarey. Walt is the picture of condescending. I also think manufacturing meth, murdering people, poisoning a child, lying, deception, and sel-serving manipulation are much worse. But, that’s me. Oh, well.

Anyway………last night Aaron Paul/Jesse was on Jimmy Kimmel and Lavelle Crawford/Huell was also a guest. Really funny! It’s worth going to abc.com and watching if you missed the show.

btw, Aaron said that if you think last Sunday’s episode was intense, the upcoming final two shows are much, much worse.
    I personally am not shrugging off what Walt's done at all. As I said he has done horrible and inexcusable things. I just don't think because he's worse than the others that makes the others in to saints somehow. Hank has an ego the size of Texas as well which has lead him to do stupid, law breaking, selfish things.

If people want to excuse every other character for their faults, sins and law breaking because Walt is worse, they are free to. If you like Walt and want to forgive him everything, you're free to.

I just see everyone in the show with their own sets of problems. That's what makes it more like reality. It takes it beyond the black and white shows many are comfortable with and shows these people all as real people who evolve and who are both good and bad people at the same time. They each have the things inside that they struggle against, the things that make them weak, the things they can't get past. That's why I love the show. It's multidemsional.
    Debb70 likes this.

I just don't think because he's worse than the others that makes the others in to saints somehow.
    I haven't seen sainthood status bestowed upon Marie or Hank (in this forum or any other). But I've definitely seen shurgging off of Walt's deeds while focusing on some relatively minor irritation or infraction on the part of Marie and Hank.

If I rob, murder, poison children, pilage and plunder, and deal drugs it would be ďoddĒ for people who know what Iíve done to focus on and express vitriol towards my brother who got three speeding tickets and my nosey, gossipy sister. But if anyone wanted to love me anyway, so be it. Imo their rationale that my brother and sisterís character flaws should not be overlooked would be............strange.
    Florimel likes this.

Oh my goodness.

'Breaking Bad' writer spills on last night's episode | Inside TV | EW.com

Any advice for watching the next/second-to-last episode?Medication. Whatever form that takes. Astronaut diapers. Keep soft objects around. Youíre in for a couple of uncomfortable, extraordinary, nerve-shattering evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Oh my goodness.

'Breaking Bad' writer spills on last night's episode | Inside TV | EW.com

Any advice for watching the next/second-to-last episode?Medication. Whatever form that takes. Astronaut diapers. Keep soft objects around. Youíre in for a couple of uncomfortable, extraordinary, nerve-shattering evenings.
    That's a good article. What I don't get though is that if we are so upset by the events in the upcoming episode, then how are we as fans, supposed to feel satsified with the outcome? Vince has said repeatedly that the fans would feel good about the ending and that they would feel it was right. So, I don't get how they would feel that way if something earth shattering happens, such as Walt Jr or Holly being killed. The death of either one of the kids is really too much, IMO and I don't see how even Vince could think fans would be okay with that.

I just found out that I won't be home for the finale. I'll DVR of course, but I have to attend a family event that I can't miss. So, I'll being watching it after most others have already discovered the outcome.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-19-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Betsy Brandt said on Talking Bad that she thinks Marie never stopped stealing. It was never written, of course, but that was part of the back story she created for Marie, who has become the strongest woman in the story for me.

Another interesting little tidbit is that Holly never had any lines written for her. Her real life mother was standing behind them and the "Mama" lines just came out. The decision was made to use them. Perfect!!!

I wish that they would air the last two episodes either on the same night or on consecutive nights so they could be watched one right after the other. It's been done before. I may just decided to DVR the penultimate episode and then watch them together next week.
    tango7 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I hate, hate, hate saying/thinking this, but with all the hype and talk about the last two episodes getting worse and darker, my mind keeps going to Walt Jr/Flynn and Baby Holly. OTOH, if that were the case, I doubt Walt would be calm in the flash forward diner scene.

Much has been made of Waltís call to Skyler where he carefully made it appear she was not involved. If viewers can easily see thru that. Iíd think the police/authorities could, too. Frankly, Iím not crazy about the idea of Skyler getting off scott-free and blameless.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread