+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Bryan Cranston will never have to look for work - he is currently working on two new movies. He was also in Argo (which I didn't see) and does periodic guest roles.

I never watched Malcolm in the Middle, but my nephew recognized him right away. I only know him as dentist Tim Whatley. Coincidentally, a week or so ago I also saw Anna Gunn/Skyler on Seinfeld.

I've heard Bryan in interviews say Walter White/BB was the role of a lifetime. He is 57 yrs old (not ancient, but he keeps in good shape). All the physical requirements of the WW role would exhaust many younger men.

Still, would I want Walter White as a neighbor? Nope, I don't think so.
    No, he might want you to check to make sure the kitchen stove was off (knowing there are asassins in the house ) like he did to neighbor Rebecca Simmons.
    Last edited by tango7; 09-16-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Wow. Before the episode I was expecting Gomez to die, but I wasn't sure about Hank. I'm surprised no one on Jack/Todd's side got hit in the shootout. I was glad they didn't kill Jesse; I don't want him to die.

I was surprised that Walt watching Jane die finally came up again. What was the point of bringing it up at that time? I think watching Jane die and not doing anything to save her, even by rolling her onto her side, is one of the worst things Walt has done.

It seems like there is a huge amount of plot and story to cover in only 2 episodes. I'm really going to miss this show when it's all over.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I saw Bryan Cranston in Argo and he was great. It's a really good movie, IMO.

No doubt there are reasons to despise Walt. I can see why some fans detest him, but I still root for him. They are just characters, but I think it's amusing to root for my favorite, even if he is troubled and a bit devious.

Even if Marie feels this great injustice due to Walt, I still would think she would fear the consequences of destroying her family. When all the details came out, it was likely that most of what Hank gatherered would be inadmissiable, because he didn't get warrants, he didn't follow protocol, he tainted evidence, he violated DEA prodcedure and due to that Walt would likely have walked on most everything. Jesse's word alone wouldn't have cut it. It's likely Hank would have suffered greatly. So Hank looses he career, job, retirement, health insurance and at his age where will he go? She and Hank were so hellbent on revenge, that they never considered the potential harm of what could happen.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.

I was surprised that Walt watching Jane die finally came up again. What was the point of bringing it up at that time? I think watching Jane die and not doing anything to save her, even by rolling her onto her side, is one of the worst things Walt has done.
    This was terrible, but I don’t think it’s the worst thing Walt has done. Jane was devious and manipulative, and Walt knew that Jesse was totally mesmerized by her. (“Nice job of wearing the pants.”) I remember that phone call she made to Walt’s home, demanding he give Jesse (her) the $480k – or else. Walt knew that once they went thru that money, Jane would blackmail him for more, more, more. She might even have exposed Walt just for spite, and I don’t think she really cared about Jesse. That’s why Walt just let her die.

I felt bad for her father, and the victims of the plane crash. Jane was bad news, but I don’t condone what Walt did.
    Florimel likes this.

Hmmm.....Jane was toxic and so was Jesse. Together they were a recipe for disaster. She was going to not only go down herself, but take Walt and anyone else she could with her. And Hank didn't cause her to die. She took the drugs and drank. She caused her own death. If Walt were not there, the same thing would have happened, IMO.

Walt had no legal duty to intervene for Jane's life. IMO, he did what he had to do which was nothing. If he had saved her, she would probably have been furious at him for invading her privacy, scammed for more and more money, drugged herself more and eventually killed herself with drugs later on and probably Jesse too. Saving her life and then paying her off was not really a good alternative to me.

And Hank didn't cause her to die.
    Hank??

Hank had nothing whatsoever to do with Jane. it was W-A-L-T. No one said Walt caused Jane to die; he just failed to turn her over which might have saved her. If Walt had not been there, she would have died anyway.

Mistake....meant Walt in post above.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

For Walt, Jane was a definite threat. And not just a threat to the Walt/Jesse "arrangement". She wanted money thinking if she and Jesse had enough of it then no one could ever make them do anything. She also had straight out told Walt "This is blackmail. Do right by Jesse. Tonight. Or I will burn you to the ground" so by doing nothing to save her from dying, he was eliminating the threat.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Jesse/Aaron Paul will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. But I'm not expecting much; they usually just chat/clown around.

Did anyone catch the preview? I saw it once, but can't find it now. I haven't checked AMC website yet.

Click to see Spoiler:
    In the preview they showed Skylar sitting at at window, looing out longingly, while smoking a cigarette. That couldn't be in the house with gasoline on the floor could it? Then they show Marie riding in what appears to be a van with some other people looking upset. With no body, they certainly wouldn't have a funeral. I read someone that there are two dead bodies laying in a yard. I hope this is NOT true and if it is true, it's not Walt Jr. I fear that the Nazis are at Marie's house looking for Jesse's video and Marie, possibly with Walt Jr, interrupts them. I pray nothing happens to JR. There would be so very angry fans. I read that the actress who plays Skylar said that in the episode next to the last, was so upsetting that the cast was literally shaking and physically sick to their stomach about the script. Now, something that would upset the cast that much could be the death of JR. or Holly. I pray that's not true. I hope that she was describing the death of HANK, and that she got the episodes mixed up and was talking about last week's episode where Hank was killed. I can imagine Hank dying was upsetting. Still, there could be much more tragedy left. I just hope the kids are safe.

+ Reply to Thread