+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I need like a dozen Xanex right now.
    Me too! What an episode!
    KAREN

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've read this by Shelley, but still don't understand how it relates to this week's episode.
    From Wiki:

The central theme of "Ozymandias" is the inevitable decline of all leaders, and of the empires they build, however mighty in their own time. . . .

. . . The fourteenth episode of the fifth and final season of the American television series Breaking Bad was titled "Ozymandias". In July 2013, Breaking Bad debuted a trailer that featured Bryan Cranston reading the entire poem.

Awesome show tonight, I'm sure my neighbors considered calling the cops what with all my yelling and such. I'm really gonna miss this show.
    Last edited by J.D.; 09-16-2013 at 01:23 AM.
    momrek06 likes this.

I've read this by Shelley, but still don't understand how it relates to this week's episode.
    Maybe it is a foreshadowing of walt's downfall or referring to the fact that by the end of this episode almost everything has come crumbling down? But what an episode! My nerves can't take another intense episode like this. RIP Hank. You will be missed and you died a noble death, keeping your honor and morals until the end. Walt Jr was also good in this episode. This is one of the scenes I have been dreading--when that sweet boy finds out about his evil father. I also think he was more heroic in a way than anyone--aside from being prepared to be stabbed for his mother, he was the only one who immediately alerted the authorities. I also thought poor Jesse. Not only walt really twisting that knife in about what he did to Jane, but what happened to him by the neo-Nazis and seeing fully the kind of man Walt was. Emmys should be handed out freely for this episode. Everyone was outstanding. I was watching the gag reels of the seasons and it is amazing how they can go from being goofy to being in character like a switch. I halfway expect Bryan Cranston to really have a meth empire, he is so talented and believable.

I liked some parts last night, but I also disliked some parts. I'll have to look into the part I disliked to confirm my beliefs.

The parts I liked were Hank going down and Jesse being a servant. I disliked them both so have no problem with it. I hate that Marie hasn't gone down. How cruel can anyone be? She's a evil one. There was no reason to be so mean about telling Jr. For all Marie knew, Walt could have turned on other criminals to bring them down. Jr. knowing of his arrest was a security issue.

Walt got too angry at Jesse. I think he blamed Jesse for Hank's death, since if Jesse had just left town things wouldn't have gotten to that point.

My nit pick is that generally they don't do Amber Alerts for parents when they are married, living together or going through a divorce and there is no court order for child custody. The child is not anymore Skylar's than Hank's. So, I found that part a little unbelieveable. They may have taken a report of him fighting with Skylar with a knife, but I don't think they would consider it parental kidnapping. I guess each jurisdiction handles it differently. I'm not licensed in NM, but I don't buy that story.

I also had trouble believing that Walt would be so foolish as to make those comments about Hank doing him wrong, implying that he had Hank killed. (Even though at first he said he tried to save Hank.) I just don't buy that he would still be that hot headed to make that kind of mistake.

I still believe that Walt will hatch a plan and go out in a blaze....one way or the other. Now, there's no way he can live his life as Walter White. I'm a little sad about that.

So, who is Walt trying to kill in the end? The Nazis, Jesse, Marie or Skylar?

UGH. RIP Hank and Gomie.

I liked some parts last night, but I also disliked some parts. I'll have to look into the part I disliked to confirm my beliefs.

The parts I liked were Hank going down and Jesse being a servant. I disliked them both so have no problem with it. I hate that Marie hasn't gone down. How cruel can anyone be? She's a evil one. There was no reason to be so mean about telling Jr. For all Marie knew, Walt could have turned on other criminals to bring them down. Jr. knowing of his arrest was a security issue.

Walt got too angry at Jesse. I think he blamed Jesse for Hank's death, since if Jesse had just left town things wouldn't have gotten to that point.

My nit pick is that generally they don't do Amber Alerts for parents when they are married, living together or going through a divorce and there is no court order for child custody. The child is not anymore Skylar's than Hank's. So, I found that part a little unbelieveable. They may have taken a report of him fighting with Skylar with a knife, but I don't think they would consider it parental kidnapping. I guess each jurisdiction handles it differently. I'm not licensed in NM, but I don't buy that story.

I also had trouble believing that Walt would be so foolish as to make those comments about Hank doing him wrong, implying that he had Hank killed. (Even though at first he said he tried to save Hank.) I just don't buy that he would still be that hot headed to make that kind of mistake.

I still believe that Walt will hatch a plan and go out in a blaze....one way or the other. Now, there's no way he can live his life as Walter White. I'm a little sad about that.

So, who is Walt trying to kill in the end? The Nazis, Jesse, Marie or Skylar?
    I thought perhaps Walt was trying to give Skylar an out, so that she could say that anything she did was under duress. I think at some level, he does believe all those things, but I thought he knew cops were listening. I didn't mind them telling Walt Jr, even though it was heartbreaking to watch. If news of the arrest had somehow leaked to the news media, that would have been a much worse way for Walt Jr. to find out.

Part of me thinks Walt is going to go after the Nazis, but part of me wonders if he will go after Skylar or Marie. Remember some of the flash forwards where there were guys in hazmat suits packing up items from Walt's house and then there were two bodies laid out on the driveway covered up? Maybe that will come into play?

Yes, I have read that Walt incriminated himself in an attempt to protect Skylar. I think that's a great idea and makes sense. So, Walt tries to protect Hank, offering all his money, protects Skylar with his phone confession, and returns Holly to be with her mom. I don't think he's a monstor.

I hope it's Marie laying in the front yard. The Nazis are supposed to be going to Hank's house to look for that evidence Jesse told them about. I hope Marie is there and she can see just what her whining and hell bent determination to get Walt and Skylar has caused. I don't necessarily want Skylar to die and if they kill Jr., well, that's just too cruel, IMO.

The parts I liked were Hank going down and Jesse being a servant. I disliked them both so have no problem with it. I hate that Marie hasn't gone down. How cruel can anyone be? She's a evil one......................
    So Marie is the cruel, evil one? Really?

Because of Walt, Hank was ambushed by two cartel assassins, almost killed (but still crippled) and now because of Walt her husband is dead. Hank was a good man, a law-abiding man who died trying to fight off drug dealers, murderers, and racists.

Walt has been building wealth by cooking poison for addicts.

Think of the people Walt has murdered and all the deaths he has been responsible for.

It’s way past time for Walt’s son to know what a monster his father is.

Walt said to Tuco “You’re a degenerate piece of filth who deserves to die.” Actually, that also applies to WALT.

I was sorry to see Hank's death, though I think it was a necessary part of wrapping up the story. Hank and Marie have developed into admirable characters for me, probably the only admirable characters along with Walt, Jr.

I am hoping for a really bad ending for Walt who has degenerated into a monster, which is what Vince Gilligan intended from the start. I've been watching Talking Bad this season where the actors, writers, and Gilligan come on to talk about the show, their characters, and the story. Gilligan has stated several times that while his intention was to make Walt sympathetic in the beginning, he has endeavored to show that he has degenerated into something not at all redeemable and he doesn't understand how there are some people who are still on "Team Walt."

Well, two more episodes and we'll all know the end of the story. I'm eager to find out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I think that the reason that some people are still on Team Walt is that for every horrible and dispicable act he's commited, they've presented the reason behind it. As you said, it's what Gilligan intended all along. But they've shown he's not a horrible terrible person who does horrible things for fun. He took the first step way back when as a hopeless man who wanted to help his family. Since then, each step has been 'Well if you've done that, why not ..." The brillance of the show is that as horrible as he is, there are still reasons presented to understand and side with him.
    buttahfly likes this.

+ Reply to Thread