+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

FORT Fogey

Re: Breaking Bad

OMG. I rarely watch scripted television. It is so damn boring I can't hardly stand it. The few exceptions have been Lost and The Killing.

I tuned in to S1 of BB here and their season 1 but something didn't grab me enough to watch it all the way through. I thought I'd tune in to S5 just to see what all the fuss was about during BB's final season, and I was suckered in. I watched the entire show from S1 through the last show available on Netflix straight through.

There is something watching it all the way through rather than week-by-week. I don't think I could have endured 5 years of stopping and starting with only one show a week. That would also drive me bananas.

I've never purchased a box set of anything, but I plan on buying the BB dvd box set when it's out. It really is a phenomenal program, and I'm so glad I saw the light!

Tonight's episode was crazy! I had to leave the room at the end and couldn't watch. The show repeated a few hours later and I watched so I'm clued in now.

Man. THAT was drama.

I am on team Walt and team Hank and team Jesse. I like them all and want them all to live. Poor Gomie. The actor who plays him was on Talking Bad, and he observed that Gomie was the only one who didn't break bad in the show. That was a great observation!

Can't wait for next week. Vince set it up well in his preview on Talking Bad.

What a great episode! I got so nervous I couldn't watch. I was recording it and Dexter, so I would switch back and forth. I later went back and watched the parts I missed.

I guess I'm more blown away by BB, because I haven't gotten any spoilers on it like I have Dexter. I was a little surprised that when Walt realized his predicament he told Todd and the crew not to come. Wasn't he screaming from the car for them not to shoot at Hank and Gomez?

Okay. This part I don't get. I'm usually not one to have many issues with BB, but when Hank and Gomez were standing at the gun showdown they were out in the open with nothing to block bullets. Todd and his crew were behind their vehicles. So, why when they opened fire didn't Hank and Gomez go down immediately? They may have had on bullet proof vests, but those hundreds of bullets that were coming from Todd's 6 men would have hit their face, legs, etc. I don't get that.

Did anyone think that conversation between Marie and Hank is their last one?

So, I guess this means Jesse and Walt will cook again.

I'm so angry with Jesse's character. He'll live for now, but he really does need to take a long trip to Belize.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What a great episode! I got so nervous I couldn't watch. I was recording it and Dexter, so I would switch back and forth. I later went back and watched the parts I missed.

I guess I'm more blown away by BB, because I haven't gotten any spoilers on it like I have Dexter. I was a little surprised that when Walt realized his predicament he told Todd and the crew not to come. Wasn't he screaming from the car for them not to shoot at Hank and Gomez?

Okay. This part I don't get. I'm usually not one to have many issues with BB, but when Hank and Gomez were standing at the gun showdown they were out in the open with nothing to block bullets. Todd and his crew were behind their vehicles. So, why when they opened fire didn't Hank and Gomez go down immediately? They may have had on bullet proof vests, but those hundreds of bullets that were coming from Todd's 6 men would have hit their face, legs, etc. I don't get that.

Did anyone think that conversation between Marie and Hank is their last one?

So, I guess this means Jesse and Walt will cook again.

I'm so angry with Jesse's character. He'll live for now, but he really does need to take a long trip to Belize.
    I have a feeling that Hank will go down in a blaze of glory. I don't see how it could go any other way. They didn't get the tribal police called and the DEA isn't backing them up since this is a secretive operation. I love Jesse flaws and all. I want him to survive and I don't know what this says about me since Walt is almost pure evil, but I want Walt to survive and get away with this and the bromance between the two to be revived. I think part of the reason I want Walt to get away with it is that his son is so darned adorable, it would really crush him to find out what his father is.

I think Jesse and Walt will be cooking again together whether they like it or not. I think Walt will not be able to have them send Jesse to Belize even after all of this. He has a huge soft spot for him and despite the way he has abused and manipulated him, he cares more about Jesse than anyone else. I also was surprised Gomez and Hank didn't immediately go down. I also am surprised they didn't take out Walt. I know they are some distance away, but they can't be that bad of shots to not hit anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm over Jesse. He has plenty involved with a lot of stuff. He now thinks he's so much better than Walt. He has a short memory. Walt has bailed him him lots of times. And he's done some pretty slimy things. He helped get his old girlfriend back on drugs. That led to her death. It wasn't Walt who killed her.

I'm just done with Jesse. I wish he would just disappear. And I wish he would shut up about Mike. He has no proof that Walt killed Mike. And he doesn't know that Mike is dead. He's just whinning. Enough already.
    Walt did watch the girlfriend choke to death on her own vomit, so he is not blameless. To me, I don't think Jesse is thinking he is better than Walt, I think he has more of a conscience and is feeling a lot of guilt. Walt can let someone being killed just roll off his back, but it bothers Jesse more. I think both have done pretty awful things, so neither one is better.

I'm trying to figure out why Marie wouldn't go to the police when Hank doesn't come home. I suppose the Nazi's will destroy the bodies and the vehicles. They will play havoc with their cell phones to confuse anyone checking on their locations just prior to their disappearance. And if Walt disappears too, then that supports Walt's contentions in that DVD that Hank was going to kill him. If Walt can fake some evidence to support his death, then he could stage his murder and it may look like Hank killed Walt and Gomez and then disappeared with his money. How could Marie prove it didn't happen that way?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I also was surprised Gomez and Hank didn't immediately go down. I also am surprised they didn't take out Walt. I know they are some distance away, but they can't be that bad of shots to not hit anybody.
    This really bugged me too, especially since this is the same crew who took out Declan and his operation in about 25 seconds.

It's television, not reality so the show takes license with the gun fire. I don't see how Hank and Gomez can survive it, but I think Pinkman might just give the Neo-Nazi's the slip. I've watched all the seasons on Netflix, and I'm on pins and needles for the next episodes. Walt definitely survives as we get the flash forward of him coming back from New Hampshire obviously off chemo as his hair is grown back, and he is packing heavy artilery before he goes and gets the ricin vial. So he's coming back with avengence. But Walt is totally damaged goods, he's confessed to just about everything he's done on that wild phone call to Jesse on his way to the dessert.

I think the criminal charges against Walt are over. If Hank and Gomez are dead, then the only proof they have of Walt doing anything illegal is Jesse and now Jesse has no support. Any GPS by law enforcement has to be done with a warrant, so most all of Hank's evidence is inadmissible.

Any recordings are at the scene and can be destroyed. The only thing that is in question is the video of Jesse's confession. I'm not sure where that is. I suspect Jesse swiped it for his own protection just to keep Hank true to his word to look out for him.

So the only video that I would be concerned about is the one that Walt provided to Hank and Marie. However, Marie would likely get Hank, (even though he's dead, the DEA don't know it) into more trouble if she turns that video over to police. Police may believe Walt on that video and figure that Hank killed Walt and Gomez and left the country. Who's to say he didn't if they all disappear?

Hank is excellent with a gun. Tuco (who had an AK47).......the Cousin (as Hank lay bleeding on the ground).

Although I don't expect it, I am hoping Hank survives. He's made mistakes, but I can't help liking that character and he's not a cold-blooded murderer like Walt. I can even stretch myself to like Jesse more than Walt because I do see a heart somewhere deep inside Jesse. I see no heart in Walt at all, only the same need for total power that we saw in Gus, and not much left in Skyler. It is my hope that Walt does not survive and that Sklyer is incarcerated.

From what I've gathered in interviews, the show runners no longer want us to sympathize with Walt, which they did want in the early seasons. The cast members seem very please with how the show is ending. I'm eager to see how it all turns out.
    tango7 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread