+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Ough, maybe I've gone over to the dark side. lol I still root for Walt and Skyler. Hank crackes me up, but I don't have any compassion for him or Marie. He wasn't suckered into anything. Everything that Walt got, he threw in Walt's lap, except for that time Walt bugged his office. lol That was devious. But still, he gave an unauthorized person access to his office and failed to scan it.

I guess I see things in shades of grey and I don't think Hank has enough to go after Walt. It's unlikely that he can get enough to convict Walt of anything. So basically, Hank would be ruining many lives to prosecute a dying man. What is to be gained from it? I suspect it's Hank's ego that can't stand to let it go. IF he keeps up, he could really get hurt or lose Marie.

I'm willing to accept whatever the ending turns out to be. Gilligan has not disappointed me so far, so I'll just have to accept his ending.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've been on TeamWalt from the start. I've loved (and occasionally disliked) the other characters from time to time but my one consistency seems to be in remaining on TeamWalt. I may not like some of what Walt has done / is doing but for whatever reason (and admittedly the reason changes) I always want Walt to win out.

It's been one helluva ride Vince Gilligan and company have taken me on but I've loved it. Best of all, I love knowing this IS coming to an end, this IS moving toward a climax and not just meandering around and sputtering out like other promising series did (looking squarely at you LOST).

Love the show and GO WALT
    J.D., Jexter and Debb70 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The other thing about Hank, and really all of ABQ's DEA, is they let Gus in. He was there "supporting" Hank after the twins attacked him. He was a donor to many of their fundraisers. Yeah, Hank missed the boat with Walt, but who is going to suspect their cancer ridden, fairly bumbling (in Hank's presence), mild mannered BIL as some drug king pin? Meanwhile ABQ's DEA and PD both treated Gus with kid gloves when they brought him in for questioning.

I wanna throw this out to the board, because I don't think it's been answered by the show, nor will it be. As regards Gus, when Hank was investigating him, the record of his existence stopped in the late 80s (I think '86). That would be about the time in show years that he first met up with Don Eladio and started the meth business and Gus's partner was killed poolside (which was 20 years before Eladio et all was killed with the poisoned tequila). I so want to know Gus's backstory, prior to the late 80s. Anyone remember an explanation or some clue about it? If not, I think with only 5 episodes left, it will be an unanswered question.

Details about Guss were very rare. I recall trying to determine if he really had a family, though he said he did, but they weren't shown and remember that no one was around when Jesse came over for dinner one night. I have read references that he was actually gay, but don't have any proof of that. I'm sure as the show winds up, all kinds of revelations will come out.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Whoa, Lady McBeth much? We all know how that story ends. I want to see Jesse come out alive after this season. He's the only one , aside from Walt, Jr. and Holly.

Oh my. I have a different take on it. I was furious with Jesse. He should have gone with the relocator and never looked back. He is really making me angry. And why does he get that the kid was poisoned with ricin? The doctors and the FBI confirmed at the time that he was The Lily of the Valley flower and not ricin. That's why they let Jesse go at the time. He was questioned about the poisoning. I don't get it.

Jesse turning on Walt without any real proof is rather odd. He doesn't know that Walt killed Mike and his understanding about the ricin is wrong too. I hope that Jesse either changes his mind at the last minute and doesn't foil Walt or he goes down by a hit man. I admit that I've never liked Jesse except when he was helping Mike or Walt out of a jam. Most of the time he's more trouble than he's worth.

OH, I think there is some problem with the recording that Hank took of Jesse. Did you hear the comment his boss made about the memory card for the video recorder? Hank was in deep thought and never responded. I suspect that something is going to be messed up and they will not have Jesse on video. And either Jesse will have changed his mind and disappeared or he will be like Old Yellow.

I love Saul. I hope it's true he's getting his own show. That scene where Walt was putting him down for using euphenisms, like a trip to Balize and Old Yeller, was too funny!

Did you see Marie and Jr. on the after show?
    Muppet Legs likes this.

I rarely watch talk shows, but I do look to see who is appearing on some of them. I happened to notice that Dean Norris was on The View this morning. I think he's a wonderful actor and a learned a couple of surprising things about him. He is the first person in his family to have attended college and the college he attended on full scholarship was Harvard. He's clearly highly intelligent and extremely articulate. Glad I watched his segment.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think all the actors who ended up on this show hit the jack pot. They are so well received, IMO, because the writing is so good.

And why does he get that the kid was poisoned with ricin? The doctors and the FBI confirmed at the time that he was The Lily of the Valley flower and not ricin. That's why they let Jesse go at the time. He was questioned about the poisoning. I don't get it.
    I don’t get it either….Brock was not poisoned with ricin. I’m sick and tired of the ricin angle. Enough.

Dean Norris – I’ve send him on several talk shows, and read his bio so I knew he went to Harvard. He’s also lost weight this year.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

What
    An
    Episode!!!!!!!!!
    J.D., Jexter and buttahfly like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread