+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

With the way Jesse is acting, he may as well just go to prison. He's acting like he's in prison now. Hanging around with criminals wallowing in self pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, Walt was smart to realize he could be on tape. I do hope that Hank gets it into his head that he is also in a bad situation, since his actions look very suspicious.(From the outside, it could look like he assisted Walt and accepted money for it.) Walt could take him down too. Even if he wasn't prosecuted, his career would be over.
    Hank has to wonder how much Skylar knows. If Hank were to turn in Walt and Skylar, then his wife would never speak to him again, IMO. So Hank would likely lose his wife, his job and his family. I doubt Jr. would ever speak to him again either. Marie would have to raise the baby all alone, because Walt and Skylar would probably be in prison for many years.

I think that Hank taking that book without a warrant was unconstitutional and therefore inadmissible in court. It would not be allowed into court. And because he learned other information as a result of the book, anything that came from that item is also "fruit of the poisonous tree" and is also inadmissible in court. So Hank has little evidence against Walt.
    We’re not going to see Walter White in court/on trial, so I don’t see the inadmissibility as an issue. Hank finding the book was a plot device.

Moving on to something else, I’m kind of tired of the ricin…….I know Walt attempted to use it on Tuco and failed…….other than that has it ever actually been used? He intended for Jesse to use it on Gus, but that was another failure. Then there was all the brouhaha about ricin when Brock was poisoned (but not with ricin). Then Walt brought the ricin to his meeting with Lydia, but never used it (and I don’t see how he would have done it anyway). Then again in S5 Walt fools Jesse with the phoney ricin, then later goes in the house to get the hidden ricin.

It’s like they’ve been holding the ricin over viewer’s heads for several seasons but doing nothing about it. Come on show…enough with the ricin. Use it or (permanently) lose/get rid of it. It seems like we keep seeing and hearing about ricin, ricin, ricin and it serves no purpose other than to make viewers wonder "uh-oh, wonder what's gonna happen with the ricin?"....over and over again.
    Florimel likes this.

Maybe they are saving the ricin for Walt to use on himself. That seems kind of lame though. A gunshot would be less painful, right?

Wow. What an episode. The "confession" video was genius. Can't wait for next week!
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I'm so thrilled with the video Walt made. I have kept yelling at the tv that Hank and Marie need to get off their highhorse.

Marie especially is a nutcase. Why doesn't she get how Hank is screwed if the story about Walt comes out? Best case scenerio for her and Hank is that police investigate the allegations, they don't believe Walt and they come up with something to charge Walt and they punish Hank for violating policy and giving confidential information to Walt. Hank should never have allowed Walt to see those files, know details of the investigation, etc. or accepted money from Walt. (I don't believe they would buy that Hank didn't know.) They would then fire Hank after a huge scandal with the DEA. He may even lose his retirement. I wonder how Marie would like living with an unemployable Hank and no retirement. They would likely lose their home too. How would Marie like that?

Worse case scernerio is that they do believe Walt and they arrest Hank. He sits in jail for a long time awaiting trial. There is no income and Marie loses the house.

I'm not sure why Marie is so deadset on getting Walt. She really doesn't get it. Is she that stupid? Hank better be more concerned about his own asp than getting Walt arrested. He better hope and pray that no one sees that video. He should start feeling sick, retire, and he and Marie move to Hawaii and forget it all.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.

I agree. Hank was extremely wrong to have given out so many details about the investigation and allowed Walt to see/handle pieces of evidence. Of course he had no idea that Walt was involved, but it still is a huge violation of DEA policy (I'm assuming there's some confidentiality policy there). Investigators might buy that Hank didn't know about the money. He and Marie could attest to the fact that Marie accepted the money and handled all the financial details of treatment, and let Hank believe that insurance was covering it. But they'd still be screwed. Extremely well played by Walt this episode. We're not even done with Walt vs Hank and now we're going to have Walt vs Jesse. I was wondering whether Jesse would ever find out about Walt poisoning Brock.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I'm over Jesse. He has plenty involved with a lot of stuff. He now thinks he's so much better than Walt. He has a short memory. Walt has bailed him him lots of times. And he's done some pretty slimy things. He helped get his old girlfriend back on drugs. That led to her death. It wasn't Walt who killed her.

I'm just done with Jesse. I wish he would just disappear. And I wish he would shut up about Mike. He has no proof that Walt killed Mike. And he doesn't know that Mike is dead. He's just whinning. Enough already.

To be fair, they've both done some very morally questionable things over the course of the show. And Jesse was right when he was saying that Walt can be very manipulative and he does try to play with Jesse's emotions to get him to behave in a certain way (ie. poisoning Brock and then convincing Jesse that it was Gus so that Jesse would want to help Walt kill Gus). They've both helped each other out in certain situations, so they're pretty much equal in my eyes. And I don't know about him thinking he's "better" than Walt. I've noticed that Jesse seems to have more of a conscience, I guess I would call it, at this point. Like when Todd killed the boy after the train robbery, Jesse was much more bothered by it than Walt was.
    Florimel likes this.

I guess I have more acceptance of Walt than many fans. I wonder if the show will allow him to escape or make him pay.

I think Walt is the worst of the lot and has fallen the farthest with Skyler not far behind. I've seen the show's creators say that the hoped the fans would sympathize with Walt early on, but that their feelings would change each season as he embraced evil more and more. Hank is by far the character for whom I have the most sympathy as I think his mistakes were due mostly to his wanting to catch this gus and stop him so badly.

My gut instinct is that all of them will pay a steep price in the end. I do not see Walt surviving at the end and will be disappointed if he does, but we'll soon know.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread