+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

You may be right about Hank going after Walt, but no matter what, I don't think Marie would want Skylar to go to prison for the rest of her life. And I think the risk that Hank could end up looking involved is too great for him to risk. I'm sure we are in for some shocking results. Do you know how many more episodes are left?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You may be right about Hank going after Walt, but no matter what, I don't think Marie would want Skylar to go to prison for the rest of her life. And I think the risk that Hank could end up looking involved is too great for him to risk. I'm sure we are in for some shocking results. Do you know how many more episodes are left?
    Who is to say Skyler would go to prison at all - certainly not for the rest of her life. That is way too extreme. If you're referring to money laundering, she could easily make a deal and get immunity or plea bargain for a lesser charge. Slyler has not killed anyone, and she has not manufactured or sold meth. I doubt she would spend one day in jail.

There are eight (8) more episodes which will be shown next summer.

Only 8 more episodes. OMG. I can hardly wait.

As far as Skylar goes. I do think she could be facing more than just money laundrying. Recall she is the one who cooked the books for her boss, then she got those guys to go over and convince her boss to cooperate. He ended up almost dead. Now it's true that she didn't intend that, but when you conspire to commit a crime, then you can be held responsible for the the unintended consequences. Federal time is much more severe than state. I think a 25 year sentence for Skylar would not be unusual. It's hard to say how much of the communication between Skylar and Walt would be privileged due to spousal immunity.

I don't think Marie would want Skylar going to prison for any reason, even if she knew of the drug dealing and murders by Walt. It's all the family she has except for Hank.

Wellllllll, on that we will have to agree to disagree. Yes, I know all about state vs fed .. .. worked a couple yrs for federal probation office. I don't think anyone would want their sister to go to prison, considering the ciscumstances, but I really don't think Skylar will. Anyway, it's not up tp Marie. I also definitely do not think going after Walt will end Hank's marriage. So, we will have to wait and see.

Another thing that occurs to me is that it might very well be Marie who goes after Walt - OR someone else finds out that Hank is investigating OR Walt might die or commit suicide . . .hope not. That would be too easy.

Okay, I’m switching gears.

I think Giancarlo Esposito should win the Emmy (best supporting actor) for his portrayal as Gus Fring. Anyone else care to weigh in?

Here’s an interesting article.

Emmys 2012: Three reasons ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Giancarlo Esposito will win... and three reasons why he won’t - Zap2it
    candor likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I would absolutely LOVE for Giancarlo Esposito to win the Best Supporting Actor Emmy award this year for his portrayal of Gus Fring!! I'd be sad for Aaron Paul to not win as he was so stellar as Jesse Pinkman in season 4, however, he CAN still win next year... Giancarlo cannot. When the nominations were announced, I was over-the-moon that GE was nominated... however the closer we get to the awards show, the more I'm unsatisfied with his mere nomination... I.WANT.A.WIN!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

While I think Giancarlo Esposito is FAR overdue for an Emmy (since Homicide days), I think it's a toss-up between him and Jared Harris (unless the character on Downton Abbey also died--that's on the list, but hasn't made it to the top to watch). And in that race, I'd call it a dead heat, but for the fact Esposito is on that very campy fairy tale show. Aaron Paul and Peter Dinklage still have many seasons to win again (and the Downton Abbey guy too, if his character is alive...I seriously need to watch that show).

Turning to "real life" criminal consequence, it's been a loooong time since I took the bar and needed to know anything about criminal law, but given the scope of the blue meth operation, it would seem that a lot of the characters could be wrapped up in a RICO case or a Continuing Criminal Enterprise case. At the very least of the still-living characters, Walt, Skyler, Jesse, Saul, Todd, Lydia, those dudes from Phoenix, and probably those guys Todd knows who did the prison hits. I seriously doubt that the show would go there, because then it would become Law & Order: AUSA Division and that's not what this show is about.

My big question about Marie is why didn't she wear purple in the finale? I think she was wearing yellow, which may be a first. I'll re-watch Sunday to check since there appears to be nothing new this Sunday...a first in many MANY weeks!

Aaron Pau;/Jess already won an Emmy (2010). I think Aaron was great, but Giancarlo was better . . .simply mesmerizing!

Hey, here’s some more info I found interesting:

Steven Bauer (Don Eladio) was married to Melanie Griffith.
    Then Melanie married Don Johnson.
    Then she married Antonio Banderas.

So Melanie has done okay in the husband dept, eh?

(For those who don't know, Melanie is the daughter of Tippi Hendren of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".)

What's that? You want more trivia?

Okay, Mark Margolis/Hector and Giancarlo Esposito/Gus worked together in a play about 20 yrs ago.
    And, Mark Margolis was Jim Carrey's landlord Mr. Shickadance in "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective". Very funny scene.
    Last edited by tango7; 09-07-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Yes, Marie was definitely wearing a yellow shirt in the finale - I noticed it in the scene around the pool. I was thinking it was the color of the suits worn during the meth-cooks.
    (for the record, neither Jim Carter's character nor Brendan Coyle's character died last season on Downton Abbey - I love the show, I love both their characters but neither displayed the range of Giancarlo's character... and besides, Gus Fring was just the supreme bad@ss!!!).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I don't think this has been posted here before (and apologies if it has been) but here's Aaron Paul on Leno talking about Paul's appearance on TPIR. Watch The Tonight Show with Jay Leno: Aaron Paul, Part 2 online | Free | Hulu

+ Reply to Thread