+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

Nobody else makes shows like these guys. It's sad that such a void will be left when they are gone. Is the talent just not there or are people just too blamed lazy to make a quality program?

I too was nervous when the baby and Jr. were around the pool. I too wonder if Walt is really OUT. I doubt it.

Someone who recalls, please remind me the storyline regarding the book and the inscription. I recall the old scene they showed, but forget the details.

Why is that book in Walt's bathroom?

Can I just nit pick a little? When you have that much cash, it's almost more of a burden than a joy. You can't just use a large quanity to buy anything, because it causes attention. Any bank deposit over $10,000.00 would require tax forms to be completed and I know Skylar was laundrying some of it at the carwash, but eveyone knows a car wash would not bring that much money in. Perhaps Walt figured a way to get it to a Cayman Island or Swiss account. Perhaps the woman partner has skills in doing that.

omg. glad i wasn't the only one who LOVED that scene!

next summer seems sooooooooooo far away . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Holy crap, was the "Crystal Blue Persuasion" scene Oscar-level of awesomeness for editing? I wonder if Gilligan sold out having more episodes for clearance for using the song--it is so, so damn perfect. (Sorry, my fan-girl shorts are showing...I'm a bit giddy at seeing the ep live as I just got power/cable back this afternoon and planned to decamp to see it if need be.) Well, maybe it's on-the-nose obvious, but still, love it. Plus, I'm a huge fan of John Wesley Harding's cover.

It’s possible that Walt will come up with a lie as to why he has that book. I hope Hank is able to connect the dots and bust Walt’s ass, but at this late date considering all the deaths and all the destroyed evidence, I dunno.

It would have been so sweet if Hank had caught Walt in the RV with Jessie, or followed Walt and caught him at the lab, but we knew that wasn’t gonna happen. Didn’t Hank ever wonder what Walt was doing during all that time he (Walt) spent cooking?

KAREN

Interesting that the likeable, quirky Gale Boetticker in BB was played by the same actor who was the dirty cop and murderer Rick Messer in “Damages”.
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Interesting that the likeable, quirky Gale Boetticker in BB was played by the same actor who was the dirty cop and murderer Rick Messer in “Damages”.
    Wow. I'm a huge fan of Damages... haven't missed an episode... and a huge fan of Breaking Bad... haven't missed an episode and several I've seen 3-5 times. Not once did I realize David Costabile portrayed both Rick Messer and Gale Boetticher. THANK YOU!
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Marlena_M, neither did I! I never would have made that connection, but I did some deep digging.

More trivia: Both Walt/Bryan Cranston and Skyler/Anna Gunn had roles on Seinfeld way back. Bryan was the dentist Tim Whatley in several episodes, and Anna was one of Jerry's girlfriends (Amy) - the episode is "The Glasses" in 1993 (George thinks someone stole his glasses at the gym). I watch Seinfeld reruns all the time, and I didn't know Bryan was Tim Whatley until i saw it HERE!!

Okay, I can’t resist doing more thinking out loud (kinda) about the Hank/toilet scene, which I’ve watched several times on youtube.

The one time I thought Hank might connect the dots was when Jesse and Walt were trapped in the RV while Hank called to get a warrant. Walt orchestrated a hoax that resulted in Hank rushing to the hospital because someone (Saul’s secy) had called and told him Marie had been in an accident. She said “Is this Henry R. Shrader?” Later, when Hank was attacking Jesse he yelled “How did you get my phone number? How did you know my wife’s name?” Hmm. Indeed. And how did the caller know Hank’s middle initial?

Walt had a connection to Jesse – Hank knew that, right? (Hank went to visit Jesse’s mother.) So, later I’m hoping Hank connects those dots.
    Last edited by tango7; 09-05-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks for that tip about Mike and Damages. LOVE that show, but lost it the last two seasons because I don't have that new satilite that carries it. I plan to get the DVDs though. Has it wrapped up for the series finale yet?

REF. BB The thing that I wonder about now that Hank has caught onto Walt is that how much evidence does he really have. He can check tax records, but most of the evidence is long gone. Witnesses are dead for the most part. They might get Walt and Skylar on tax evasion, but I can't see them being able to prove murder or drug dealing.

Will Hank have the heart to go after his in-laws and put them to prison for life? If so, he knows he will lose his wife.

I had another idea about Hank going after Walt. If Hank goes after him, he better be careful. Walt could contend that Hank was in on it and even gave him information about the case, which is true. Recall Hank let Walt see the files at his house? Walt knows enough to make it seem like Hank was very involved...PLUS. Hank took money for his health care after he was hurt. So it could appear that Hank was on the payroll. Walt may have him over the barrel. Exposing Walt could end his career.

Debb70,

Well, I’ve been thinking that when Marie finds out about Walt, she will NOT be angry at Hank – she will want to kill Walt with her bare hands. I don’t think Hank will lose her.

I’m not a big fan of Marie, but remember – aside from his role in the manufacture of meth, Walt is responsible for the hoax about Marie being in an accident – which resulted in Hank’s attack on Jesse, which resulted in him being suspended. Then there was the attack by The Cousins – Hank was almost killed, and he was very seriously hurt. Granted, Gus gave the order, but it all points back to Walt. Then the stress and danger he placed on Skyler/his kids. As far as the money used to pay Hank's medical bills, Marie and Hanks had no way of knowing it was drug money (vs gambling money).

But (and I said something about this upthread) I agree with you about Hank having a hard time proving a lot of things now because of evidence being destroyed and so many people are dead. However, Hank is really clever and persistent. For example:
    1) The Los Pollos Hermanos napkin in Gales apt.
    2) Got Gus's fingerprints on the cup and even though Gus had answers for everything, Hank still felt something was "off".
    3) When Hank looked at a drawing of the interior of the laundry/(lab), he noticed an extra set of panels. Okay, the building is destroyed, but Hank still felt somethign was "off".

Of course, we don't know what the writers have up their sleeves, but I'm hoping there's something . . .some small little thing that Walt (and viewers) have overlooked or forgotten about, that will tie it all together.

By the way - Peter Falk/Lt. Columbo is smiling down on Hank.
    Last edited by tango7; 09-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread