+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad

Oh Debb isn't that clip wonderful??? I watched it on Monday morning and was so choked up. They all loved Jonathan Banks AND Mike Ehrmentraut. It was wonderful seeing the actor so emotional about the journey, the character and the opportunity he was given. LOVED IT! Glad you shared it here

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Count me among those so sorry to see the last of Mike. Jonathan Banks is, for me, one of those rare actors who can make you feel sympathy for a villain, a la Michael Emerson and Robert Carlyle. He added so much to this show, and I hope to see him cast in something else worth watching very soon.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It was a dream role for Jonathon Banks. You could tell that. I saw him playing a bad guy in an old episode of Cold Case recently. He is a tough guy. That's for sure. He doesn't have to say a word. The way he looks says it all.

Did you know that Bryan Cranston played a dentist on The Jerry Seinfield show? Boy did he look different!

I loved how Jonathan Banks played that role. It was so nuanced. You could tell from the way he spoke he was a former cop; you could tell he was a decent guy aside from all the murdering. I also think Dean Norris as Hank is amazing. At first the character comes off as just a loudmouth, but his demeanor changes depending whether he's the brother-in-law, the colleague, the law enforcement professional or the subordinate -- just like real life. It takes a skilled actor to play a personality that big without lapsing into caricature. Same goes for Bryan Cranston, of course. And ooh, what about Gus? Was that the best bad-guy character ever? I like how the writers implied that he was gay without ever really saying it. I don't think that the actress who plays Skylar is up to her co-stars' level, though. She's not bad, and maybe the script doesn't give her much to work with, but her choices are kind of one-note.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

I could not agree more about Dean Norris. Hank, as portrayed by him, has always been a favorite character of mine. I've been pleased to see him guest star on several of my must watch shows, such as Lost, Castle, The Mentalist, Body of Proof, to name a few. I think the male actors have done much more with their characters than the females on this show. Maybe it's because they been given more, but I don't really think that's it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I had no idea that Jonathan Banks was this guy in Beverly Hills Cop.

banks.jpg
    Debb70 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Holy crap, was the "Crystal Blue Persuasion" scene Oscar-level of awesomeness for editing? I wonder if Gilligan sold out having more episodes for clearance for using the song--it is so, so damn perfect. (Sorry, my fan-girl shorts are showing...I'm a bit giddy at seeing the ep live as I just got power/cable back this afternoon and planned to decamp to see it if need be.) Well, maybe it's on-the-nose obvious, but still, love it. Plus, I'm a huge fan of John Wesley Harding's cover.

The ending, with Hank on the toilet and a revelation about Walter White and Walt Whitman. Oh, and Jesse at the ready to shoot Walt but being given the cash. So much greatness. I'd previously read some alleged spoilers that had cast me in a dark mood about the finale, but thankfully all of those were false and it was more and better than I expected.

I'd wager a guess that Walt's cancer is back and, aside from the storage locker of cash, is why he told Skylar he's out. I don't know that he really is--the deal with Lydia is pretty smooth and lucrative. There are still the loose ends of Todd and his cohorts and what Saul's up to. And then there's that 50 cal or whatever big gun from the opener flash-forward. So maybe next summer can't get here fast enough. OTOH, I need some cool weather and a chance to re-watch it all.

Oh, and Debb70, I didn't start this show when it aired because Bryan Cranston was either Hal, the hapless dad, or the evil dentist who converted to Judaism for the jokes. There's a lot of Tim Whatley, DDS in Walt White, Science Teacher...diabolical they both are.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

There's only one word to describe that season finale... EXCELLENT!
    It set things up nicely for the next set of episodes leading to the series finale next year.
    So much tension. So carefully scripted. So beautifully filmed. So incredibly executed.

I need some time to digest it all but things were just so calm, and seemingly ok, that I unconsciously spent most of the episode completely tensed up. I kept waiting for something to happen and when Flynn was pushing Holly around on the pool deck, I was hoping nothing would happen to either of them. When Hank went into the bathroom and revealed the book, I audibly gasped... and held my breath. When Hank opened the book and we saw the flashback to the last time he'd seen that dedication... well... what more can I say besides the same two words I've been muttering over and over... Holy $hit!

I'm not wishing my life away but I can't wait for next summer!!!!!

(ETA: add me to the list of those who did not start out watching BB when it first started airing... Bryan Cranston was HAL and there was no way I could see him in a role like this. Good grief, that man is OUTSTANDING!)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

OMG.
    Put the cuffs on me. I donít get AMC (and I donít want to expand my cable listing right now). So I went to a few sites and cheated, because I canít wait until S5 comes to Netflix. Then I saw that the Hank-toilet scene is up on youtube. Wow.

The final season will be sooooo good. I really want Hank to be able to confront Walter, face-to-face. But not sure how he will do it . . . .so much evidence is gone, so many people are dead. The Walt Whitman book in itself is not enough.

And one more OMG: I am a huge Seinfeld fan, but I had no idea that Tim Whatley DDS was played by Bryan Cranston untiI read it here!!!

I miss so many of the characters:
    The Cousins (especially their boots)
    Tuco (even though he was a psycho)
    Gus Fring (How was your meal?)
    Uncle Tio/Hector (ding ding)
    The turtle (rip)
    Gale (did not like his career choice, but felt bad when he was fired then killed)
    Last edited by tango7; 09-03-2012 at 12:23 PM.

OMG OMG WHAT A FINALE Ö..

Leaves you just wishing the show was 2 hours long Ö..

'Crystal Blue Persuastion' Ö genius.

Debb, thanks for the clip on Bryan and Jonathan. Awesome.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread