+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad

Bryan Cranston is simply brilliant!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Only two episodes left! I could swear that's what they said. How can this be? How can they possibly wrap up not just this season, but the entire series in just two hours??????? I have NO idea how that is going to happen, especially since we know that the show will end somewhere near the way it opened. Recall Walt is having his birthday breakfast in that diner? So, it's one year from where they are now.

Walt has an idea of how they can get that money and keep him happy. WHAT could that be?

I can't help but think that Junior and little Holly are lost to Walt and Skylar now. They will never be a family again with their parents. They will be raised by Skylar's sister and Hank. (I wonder if Junior will become addicted to meth. That would really be payback to Walt wouldn't it?)
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Only two episodes left! I could swear that's what they said. How can this be? How can they possibly wrap up not just this season, but the entire series in just two hours???????
    There are only 2 episodes left for this first half of season 5. There are 16 epidoes in S5, split 8 this year and 8 next year. I'm not thrilled about the wait, but I'd rather get 16 total than just 12, which was a possibility.

That dinner with Skylar, Walt and Jesse was the highlight of the episode for me.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    There are only 2 episodes left for this first half of season 5. There are 16 epidoes in S5, split 8 this year and 8 next year. I'm not thrilled about the wait, but I'd rather get 16 total than just 12, which was a possibility.

That dinner with Skylar, Walt and Jesse was the highlight of the episode for me.
    Thank YOU! That makes much more sense. What a relief!

I have some questions about last night. When Jesse and Walt saw the news report about the missing boy, the reporter said the police had broadened their search to include two new areas. Were either of those areas, the real murder scene?

I have a speculation, but I'll put in spoiler tags even though it is purely speculation.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    What if Walt's plan for everyone to win is that he asks that chemical purchaser guy to invest 10 million so that Mike and Jesse can get their money and walk away. They give Walt nothing, but he keeps all of the chemical and makes meth. He then gives them profits, so that their 10 million dollar investment is turned into much more money on the return. PROBLEM is that Walt somehow loses the chemical and can't pay them back. So, he takes off and leaves the state. They abduct Jesse and hold him to make Walt come back. What we saw in the first episode is Walt returning to town to take care of those guys he owes and who are holding Jesse hostage. Just speculation on my part.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

What a fantastic episode! No big action, no big drama, but it was poignant, heartbreaking, hysterical... and moved the story along.

Watching the guys dismantle the dirt bike in the beginning? That was heartbreaking. I felt it more difficult to watch than seeing the young boy's hand sticking out of the dirt. Todd not getting the gravity and saying "$hit happens"? That came off as soul-less and no wonder Jesse punched him. Walt whistling while he worked after the news story about the missing boy... that was rather soul-less as well and I loved how Jesse kinda stood there as if thinking to himself "WTF??? Is this dude for real, yo?".

Hearing Walt tell Jesse that he's lost everything and without the meth "empire", he has nothing? That was poignant. He started all of this to provide for his family. He's made a crapton of horrible choices along the way and become an incredible megalomaniac but he does love his family immensely and he's very sad about the loss. Regardless of what he's done, I still have tremendous empathy for Walter White.

The scene at the dinner table with Walt, Skylar and Jesse was hysterical. It was hard to watch because they were all so uncomfortable. Jesse tried his best to be light and serve up some chit-chat to ease the tension but when he started talking about lasagna, scabs and truth in advertising, yo, I was laughing so hard!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Todd not getting the gravity and saying "$hit happens"? That came off as soul-less and no wonder Jesse punched him.
    That is such a call-back to Skylar talking to Walt about the Ted after-math when she says something like she can't take people being hurt as "$%&* happens". Aside from the intense tension between Skylar, Walt, and Jesse at the dinner, the underlying current was that Skylar and Jesse really have the same goal--cash out and get out of the meth business. If only they knew they could have teamed up, walked away with $5M a piece and lived just fine. The only wrinkle that just seemed a bit off was that Walt apparently has been obsessing on how much money Grey Matter has been making. IIRC, the last mention of Gretchen and Elliot was S2, so that was a bit of a reach.

Then again, that could be colored by my re-watching of the early seasons. One thing that continues to bug me is Walt, Jr.'s clueless hero-worship of his dad. He just seems REALLY clueless to the home tension going back to S1. I have never seen a teenaged boy so enamored of his dad, especially the dorky chemistry teacher dad (at his very own high school, no less). And it can't just be about the car(s).
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 08-21-2012 at 12:51 AM.

I don't agree that Walt loves his family. I think he did love them at one time, but his focus now is only on being the emperor of his empire. He has turned into the worst kind of abuser, an emotional abuser, to Skylar, a character I've never liked very much, but I feel for her now. I've even become more sympathetic towards Jesse and Mike and I'm very eager to see Walt go up in flames.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wonder if Walt will go up in flames. So far Vince Gilligan's writing has been top notch. I hope he doesn't fail and give us a lousy ending. I think there is a chance that Walt will be given a chance to redeem himself. He will go down saving someone he loves. Probably Jesse. I still think the scene from Scarface was there for a reason. If so, then Walt is going down in big way. I hope it's not Hank who has to shoot him.

Or it may be that Vince will not let Walt go down as most expect. Perhaps he will end up alive, but in the same place he was when he started. I for one don't want Walt to die. I really want to see it all resolved in some other way.

Now that I've watched all 50 episodes (two lost weekends) I can finally catch up with the conversation! I'm so glad you guys cleared up the Tuco/I.D./Walter White mystery. I figure out how the old man knew his real name, or why the DEA didn't find the wallets' contents.

Now what about the eyeball?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Oooooh, the eyeball. That was part of the pink bear that fell into Walter's backyard pool when the plane's collided overhead. The planes collided mid-air in season 2, episode 20 "ABQ" as a result of (Jesse's deceased girlfriend) Jane's grief-stricken, air-traffic-controller father being distracted on the job. He had returned to work too soon after her death.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread