+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

It looks like Skylar has pulled herself together in order to keep the kids safe. She will do anything for Walt, regardless of how sick it makes her, including having sex with him, as long as he will leave he kids with her sister and Hank.

When Hank was holding the baby last night, I had a revelation. I think it's entirely possible that the show will end up with Hank and Sylar's sister raising those kids, because Walt and Skylar will be either on the run, in prison or dead. Very sad in deed.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It looks like Skylar has pulled herself together in order to keep the kids safe. She will do anything for Walt, regardless of how sick it makes her, including having sex with him, as long as he will leave he kids with her sister and Hank.

When Hank was holding the baby last night, I had a revelation. I think it's entirely possible that the show will end up with Hank and Sylar's sister raising those kids, because Walt and Skylar will be either on the run, in prison or dead. Very sad in deed.
    ITA, Hank and Marie will likely have Junior and Holly.

So Jessie broke it off with his gf?

What was with the last scene of the tarantula in the glass jar (that the little boy had)?
    KAREN

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The whole train scene was incredibly suspenseful. I watched the episode on DVR and had to get up and leave the room until I knew they were safe and then I could rewind and watch it. I'm 95% sure the child was killed... the brief scenes they showed of next week's episode lead me to believe that but you know they can manipulate by the way they edit things together.

I do not think Hank & Marie will end up raising both kids. Holly? Maybe... I can perhaps see that. Flynn? Nope, he's already what 16? 17?... and could easily be an emancipated minor. Depending on how much longer, time-wise, things go on, he could be 18 by the time the show wraps up and there'd be no issue. I can see Holly ending up with Hank & Marie.

As for metal detectors at the building... based on my experience those are typically right inside the building super close to the entrance. From what we've seen of that building, there is no security whatsoever at the entrance so my guess is we just need to assume it is not a normal-post-9/11-secured-building. I think that's kinda unrealistic but I'll go with it for the sake of Vince Gilligan and his fabulous storytelling.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Correction to my post upthread. I meant how is Walt going to hide those underground tanks, not Hank.

The only way to cover up those tracks and keep police away from those underground tanks is to erase the kid's dirt bike tracks or put Jesse on the bike and have him drive it in the other direction to fake them out. If he puts on a helmet and wears that kid's jacket, then perhaps he could make it look like the guy ended jup somewhere else later in the day and that is where they would start looking for him and not out near the place he was killed. A few eye witnesses could see him 10 miles away and perhaps they would think he left on his own. If they just leave the body there, there is going to be a HUGE investigation. I just can't see this coming out well.

This show was shot some time ago, but I think it's odd how close to the storyline it is to the true story of the two girls who went missing a few weeks ago in Ohio. They were out just riding their bikes and disappeared into thin air. The kick is that one of the girl's dad has been a big time Meth dealer. They say it isn't related. Very interesting indeed.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-13-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I don't for one second think they're just going to leave the boy's body out there. The preview scenes they showed for next week all but indicated it. I think the boy will just go "missing". Walt & Jesse have come a long way from the first time they stole just a drum of Methylamine. They're much more sophisticated in how they do everything. Even Todd remarked how they'd thought of everything. Especially with Mike involved, they do think of (darn near) everything so there's no way they're going to just leave the boy's body out there. I just don't see that happening.

I thought it was great having Saul's "EPA" guy back this time as the dump-truck driver who got stuck on the tracks.

As for the underground tanks, they are hidden... and from the looks of it, hidden quite well. They're underground and the opening part that's at the top with the threaded-screw-on type of cap was covered with a piece of wood and then that was covered with dirt. I suspect one would have to be looking to find them.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 08-13-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

There were little things that just seemed off to me this episode. Why wasn't Walt the least bit careful about leaving fingerprints in Hank's office? Sure, he might reasonably touch the picture frame but not the bug and not the thing he pluged into the PC. Where were they questioning Lydia so that she suddenly could whip out a map of the train line? Did she say "oh, yeah, I know you're about to kill me, but let me pop up to my office and pick up this very specific map so that maybe you won't shoot me in the head"? If the kid was a liability--and a kid that young could have been persuaded that they were RR workers, especially by Walt and his years of teaching experience--why wasn't the guy who drove the pick-up truck and pushed the dirt truck out of the way? They both saw something "fishy" on the tracks, and the kid would have the least amount of credibility and knowledge to tie what he saw to a meth operation. I know, I know, it gets the audience riled up when they shoot a kid, but they both should have been shot in keeping with Mike's "no witnesses" talk.

That aside, I don't think I blinked the entire last 5 minutes of the show. They do tension REALLY well.
    Debb70 likes this.

Yeah, I thought about the fingerprints (or lack, thereof) and the handy-dandy map too but it didn't bother me tooooo much. I guess I give Vince Gilligan and his storytelling a whole lotta leeway and suspend my disbelief so I go where he wants me to. I don't think there was any reason to kill the truck driver since he didn't see anything more than the two train guys did. Now, had he seen Todd on top of the train car or Jesse under it or Mike in the bushes or Walt down in the gully then yes I think he would've been off'd too. I agree with you about the suspense... gawd, it was KILLIN ME lol! And just when I thought it was all done, everyone was ok, they got away with it by the skin of their teeth, THEN they off'd the kid. Wow. I was so not expecting that although once you heard the train whistle in the opening scene where the kid was catching the tarantula, it should've been my clue something was up and when Lydia talked about the train I shoulda figured that was the tie in. I didn't get it quickly enough and sure enough I was too relieved too quickly.
    Debb70 likes this.

I have an idea about that kid who witnessed the trainjacking. Do you think the bullet hit that jar the kid had in his jacket pocket and deflected away from him? I know it sounds pretty wild, but it was on his left side. I'm trying to figure out a way the kid survived this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    A couple things I’m unclear about (from previous seasons):

1) At Tuco’s house he made Walt & Jesse give him their wallets. That’s when Tuco found out “Heisenberg” was Walter White. He riffled thru the wallets and put the items on the table. A few minutes later they all went outside, there was a fight, Walt shot Tuco and wounded him, Walt & Jesse ran, then Hank came an killed Tuco. Wouldn’t Hank and the evidence team have discovered the wallet contents inside the house? I doubt that Uncle Tio/Hector took the wallets – he was too busy ringing that bell.
    In the honor of Ron Palillo, "Ooh, ooh, ooh, Mr. Kotter!" I can answer this one. I spent a VERY rainy day re-watching season 1 & a few eps of season 2 and just finished this episode. And keeping in mind this question was posted & I wanted to know the answer too, I paid close attention.

When Tuco gets Walter and Jesse into Tio's house, he makes them empty their pockets. He rifles through their wallets, noting that Walt's name isn't Heisenberg and that he has a family, which will make great collateral. He notes Jesse's lack of cash and a sad, seemingly old-ish unused condom. But then he gives back everything aside from the ricin-laced meth, which Jesse tries to persuade him to try but it smells funky to Tuco. Jesse says it's a secret ingredient--chilli powder--and that turns Tuco off. Tuco then goes to cook dinner. Tuco finishes plating what looks like some cross-between of a burrito and a fajita, Walt & Jesse are at the table, Walt ham-fistedly tries to put the ricin/meth into Tuco's tortilla, and then Tio goes nuts with the bell, gets Tuco's tortilla and slaps it off the table. After dinner is over, Tio is decidedly pissed at Walt (and Jesse, but mostly Walt) and there's a Q/A session between Tio and Tuco, then the whole outside business goes down.

Sorry for being so obsessively detailed, but I literally just watched this 10 minutes ago. And good gods, I love this show though I'm sure I'm going to be on some kind of watch list for googling the correct spelling of "ricin". And I'm sure I'm destined for a certain kind of very weird loony bin, as I've seen Walt make ricin twice now in a toaster oven and think, "Hey, SonJa has a new market for her toaster oven" on RHONYC. I think I take a M/L in the little white coats with sleeves that bind in the back.

PhoneGrrrl, you're not alone. I've rewatched seasons 1-4 myself and so far in season 5 I've watched each episode at least twice... some three times. I'm a bit obsessed with it myself. I couldn't remember the details from that episode - I'm glad you posted them

+ Reply to Thread