+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad

I think some of the wonderful things about Vince's writing and the acting in this show are how the characters really get to you. As I watch Walt, Skylar, Hank, Jesse, Mike, etc. I am constantly wondering what is going on inside their head. What is making them think and react under the circumstances. I think that really shows talent. I actually find myself soul searching as I look into their eyes and try to put myself there. THAT is really buying into the show, which is a true testimont of successful story telling.

A couple things I’m unclear about (from previous seasons):

1) At Tuco’s house he made Walt & Jesse give him their wallets. That’s when Tuco found out “Heisenberg” was Walter White. He riffled thru the wallets and put the items on the table. A few minutes later they all went outside, there was a fight, Walt shot Tuco and wounded him, Walt & Jesse ran, then Hank came an killed Tuco. Wouldn’t Hank and the evidence team have discovered the wallet contents inside the house? I doubt that Uncle Tio/Hector took the wallets – he was too busy ringing that bell.

2) Why did Gus kill Victor (in the lab with the box cutter)?

Anyone . . . .(thanks).

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    A couple things Im unclear about (from previous seasons):

{snip}
    2) Why did Gus kill Victor (in the lab with the box cutter)?

Anyone . . . .(thanks).
    My take on it was that Victor got too big for his britches... he started talking all that smack about Walt was completely useless (Jesse too) and expendable, and how HE could be the cook. Gus also wanted to prove a point to Mike and Walt that he could... and would... take out even one who was so close to him. Also recall that Victor had been seen at Gayle's murder scene so, really, he had to go. At the end of the previous episode (not this week but last week) when Walt was talking to Jesse about "flying too close to the sun", it very much reminded me of Victor's demise.

I could be wrong... that was just my take on it.

What amazed me was the superb acting skills of Giancarlo Esposito in that scene. Without saying a single word, Gus walked in, changed his clothes, killed Victor, evoked supreme fear in Jesse (Walt, too), left the bloody mess of what WAS Victor for the others to clean up, changed his clothes again... and did it all about as calmly as anyone could even bother to imagine. Dude one was cool, calm, collected, death machine with a single purpose. I give the actor mad props. But as they say "if it ain't on the page, it ain't on the stage" so props to Vince Gilligan as well.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 08-07-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Marlena_M

Thanks for your input. I forgot about Victor being seen after Gale was murdered.
    As far as Gus, yes, he was cool and fastidious to the nth degree. The way he straightened his tie after walking out of the bombed room at the nursing home was completely in character (even though seconds later we see the side of his face is gone).

I'm still stuck about the wallets at Tuco's house thing, though. Maybe we are supposed to suspend disbelief regarding that detail.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Am I the only one just a wee bit sad seeing the "end" of Walt's Pontiac Aztek?
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Marlena_M

Thanks for your input. I forgot about Victor being seen after Gale was murdered.
    As far as Gus, yes, he was cool and fastidious to the nth degree. The way he straightened his tie after walking out of the bombed room at the nursing home was completely in character (even though seconds later we see the side of his face is gone).

I'm still stuck about the wallets at Tuco's house thing, though. Maybe we are supposed to suspend disbelief regarding that detail.
    When I first saw Guss walk out of that room in such a condition, I thought it was way over the top and exagerateed, however, I recently saw a special about people who suffered extreme disfigurement. They profiled this guy who was accidently pushed into an electric power line on a lift bucket. His entire face was burned. Even his bone was burned according to his doctor. THey showed a photo of the man and it was very similar to the way Guss looked after the explosion. Unreal.

I don't know the answer to the question above about Walt and Jesse's wallets being left and discovered. Hmmmm.....if I can find an explanation, I'll post it here.

I think the makeup people did a great job with the final Gus scene.
    I also saw a behind the scenes video of how they did the "head on the tortoise" scene . . ., which freaked me out! I think it was on the AMC Breaking Bad website. Also interesting story about the actors who played The Cousins, and how they made those boots (which had a life of their own)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Am I the only one just a wee bit sad seeing the "end" of Walt's Pontiac Aztek?
    Not in the least. I've been driving an Aztek since 2001, and absolutely LOVE it, hence my name, 9Cloud, 'cause I'm on Cloud 9 when driving!

OMG! I can't believe the end of that episode. Do you think that guy really shot the kid or just shot near him to scare him away?

At least Walt is smart enough to bug Hank's office. That will be very useful to him as he starts his new venture. What I don't get is how he got those items in that building without being detected. Most federal buildings have security that includes metal detectors and those devices would have set it off and they would have patted him down to investigate. Everyone is subject to this, except for law enforcement officers, with badges. Even judges are subject when entering a courthouse.

How long before Jesse realizes that Walt almost got him killed under that train? Jesse gets off on dangerous stuff though. So, he will probably keep hanging in there. Exept if that kid is killed, then Jesse is going to lose his mind with guilt and may relapse back on drugs.

What were the options of dealing with that witness? Could they have held him somewhere? And now that the kid is going to go missing, his parents and police will go out in the desert looking for him, discover his tracks to that location and then notice a big hole was dug there and check to see what's inside. How is Hank going to hide that?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG! I can't believe the end of that episode. Do you think that guy really shot the kid or just shot near him to scare him away?

At least Walt is smart enough to bug Hank's office. That will be very useful to him as he starts his new venture. What I don't get is how he got those items in that building without being detected. Most federal buildings have security that includes metal detectors and those devices would have set it off and they would have patted him down to investigate. Everyone is subject to this, except for law enforcement officers, with badges. Even judges are subject when entering a courthouse.

How long before Jesse realizes that Walt almost got him killed under that train? Jesse gets off on dangerous stuff though. So, he will probably keep hanging in there. Exept if that kid is killed, then Jesse is going to lose his mind with guilt and may relapse back on drugs.

What were the options of dealing with that witness? Could they have held him somewhere? And now that the kid is going to go missing, his parents and police will go out in the desert looking for him, discover his tracks to that location and then notice a big hole was dug there and check to see what's inside. How is Hank going to hide that?

OMG, Debb, LOVED the whole epi until the end. OMG. I turned to my hubby (as we are addicted to BB) and told him I thought that was too much. Praying the little boy was just 'grazed' by that shot.

My hubby is a railroad architect and he turned to me and said way before it happened that Jessie would lay flat. UGH. If AP had to do that really which it so looked like it wow. Scary. Ugh.

We have been on vacation for 2 weeks so we had THREE epi's in our que to watch it was a BB night for us.

What is up with Sylar that pool scene.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread