+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Breaking Bad

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad

Walt is just something else. There's simply nothing he won't do to further his "agenda" (for lack of a better word)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I try to think of Walt as becoming really cold, but doing it out of necessity. I try to remember that Guss had threatened to kill Walt's baby and based on Guss slitting that guy's throat right in front of him and Jesse, I guess Walt believed him. Yes, what Walt did with the child was horrible, but I think he was trying to get a route back to Jesse, so he could get info on Guss in order to kill him. Guss was under tight protection. It's not like he could slip him the poison. Recall Walt tried to do it that way and Jesse chickened out and wouldn't put the poison in Guss' food. So, I try not to be so hating of him.

Recall when Walt allowed Jesse's old druggie girlfriend to choke to death when he could have saved her? It was cold, but that girl was going to take them down. I don't think I could have done it, but I understand why Walt did it.

I'm not so sure Walt is a sociopath, although many say otherwise.

I have read that most fans are VERY angry with Walt, but I think he is in self preseveration mode. You can't survive in the world of drug manufactoring and be a saint. And I think that everyone will do almost anything if placed in the right situation. Walt could use some humility about now. His over confidence will probably come back to bite him.

I recall when I used to root for Tony Soprano. He did some pretty horrific things. The thing that did it for me was when he physically beat up a woman. It made me sick and I never got past it.

I'm not angry with Walt. Not one bit. I love him! He's just something else. I empathize with him so much and usually "get" why he does what he does. He's just something else.
    Overall, the character of Walter White is one of the best written characters... EVER. Bryan Cranston does an amazing job each and every week.
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

i know all this build up is leading to something huge and exciting, but i am so ready for it to get her already!!!!!!!!! i still love the show, but i am missing all the moments that make my jaw drop . . . . .

I agree that Walter White is a brilliantly written and acted character, but I no longer sympathize nor empathize with him. He's turned into a megalomaniac who had no problem threatening those he claims to love. He's pretty much become a muggle version of Voldemort to me. I wonder if he'll die having regrets for what he's done or if he'll go out still thinking he was right about everything.

I hope it's Hank who brings him down hard. I don't think Dean Norris gets enough recognition for his own wonderfully played character.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This latest episode didn't have any big "gotcha" moments, but I have to say I can't remember the last time I was so tense watching a tv show. After the new car goofiness with Walt and Jr. at the beginning, the entire episode was just dread and tension. I know a lot of people have trouble with Skylar, but how could you not feel for her after this episode? Her whole life is teetering on the edge of death and prison. Even though she was complicit in a lot of Walt's activities, I know she wanted none of this bouncing back so close to her kids. And Walt is just out of his mind with ego and pride. He's acting like a Roman emperor.
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.

for whatever reason, i just can't find sympathy in my heart for skyler, lol. i have disliked her from season 1.
    Florimel and dustypants like this.

Okay. Last night was really something else. Walt has really lost it. I have defended him up until now, but man, he's even shocking me.

For awhile I thought Skylar was comtemplating killing him, but then she just said she wanted the cancer to kill him.

His family is all out of whack now. That promise that Walt made at the end, that Skylar would one day like him again, was a huge threat. Look at what he did to gain Jesse's favor. I wonder how he will go about winning Skylar's favor again? I can't see him using the kids, but certainly Hank or her sister.

I watched Jimmy Kimmel several weeks ago and Bryan Cranston was a guest. JK raved about the show, and the description/premise piqued my curiosity. I only have basic cable (no AMC), but I recently finished watching all 4 seasons on Netflix. What a marathon! Excellent – I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

The Cousins (esp those boots) . . .any scene with the Cousins had my attention. They were even scarier than Tuco.
    Hector and that bell – ding ding ding
    Gus Fring – Enjoy your meal! I hope Giancarlo Esposito gets an Emmy this year
    Saul Goodman – always makes me laugh (the scene where he punked Jesse’s parents was classic Saul)

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    for whatever reason, i just can't find sympathy in my heart for skyler, lol. i have disliked her from season 1.
    Oh for sure, I am right there with you!
    buttahfly likes this.

+ Reply to Thread