+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Feet Under - "Twighlight" (5/18)

FORT Fogey

Six Feet Under - "Twighlight" (5/18)

In this next to last episode, the opening scene sets the stage for the next Fisher-Diaz Funeral. An unrepentant murderer is given a lethal injection in Texas while his adult children look on. According to his daughter, he may have killed some women but he was really a "good dad" to her even if he beat up her brother.

Meanwhile, Claire tells no one about her pregnancy and arranges for an abortion. She needs a ride but is afraid to confide in any of her family members.

Looks like time's up for Keith and David. They are constantly arguing and there is no longer any joy in their relationship. Keith is resentful that David tried to support him in San Diego, and David goes to his men's choir and seeks solace with a friend. He finally stands up to Keith and tells him that he is ready to break it off. He will find a place and get his stuff out. Keith seems very surprised as if he didn't see this coming.

A Dr. Pepper can mysteriously appears in the fridge and Claire says it belongs to Lisa. Nate doesn't believe this, but it's definitely strange that there was an empty Dr. P. can in the car as well. Nate has many fantasies about Lisa's disappearance. He is so haunted by it, that he constantly has scenarios in his head. In one, she runs off with a past boyfriend, in another she meets the executed murderer Carl Williman, in yet another one she just takes off her clothes and walks into the Ocean. He is so distraught that he even calls the murderer's daughter and has a romp with her and then coldly casts her aside.

Brenda can't get through to Nate. She finally waits for him at the house but cannot penetrate the wall that he has built up around himself. It's a good thing she is there, however, because Claire asks for a ride to the Clinic and Brenda is willing to do that as well as take Claire to her apartment afterwards and care for her.

Ruth has quickly moved into an intimate relationship with George and they are talking marriage. When she tries to break it to David by saying "When I'm with him life is full of possibilities," he reminds her that she's only known George several weeks. She tells George that they should slow down and he is willing to wait because he also feels that this is his last chance for happiness and whatever she wants to do is fine.

The family has come to accept that Lisa is most likely dead and is trying to deal with it all except for Nate for whom the fact of Lisa's death is something he simply cannot come to grips with. He sees her everywhere and dreams about her during his restless nights.

Claire tries to tell Nate that Brenda really cares about him and to cut her some slack, but Nate has shut down to everything but his deepest, darkest thoughts.

Rico and Vanessa still have their problems to contend with and all we see is the sister-in-law badgering him while Vanessa is asleep on the sofa in front of the huge screen TV which they couldn't afford in the first place. This family is in serious trouble.
    The only one who ended up happier than they were last week is Ruth. Everyone else is still in a state of flux.

This episode was directed by Kathy Bates.

We get a glimpse of the final show and it looks like we have an upcoming tragedy. Could it be Russell who was just suicidal as DD had suggested in a past post? I think that is highly likely.

You forgot to mention that great tattoo!!!

LG.
    great summary, CG. Of course I was watching The Bachelor . . . but I still like to know what I'm missing.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    AND DAVID FINALLY GREW SOME MAN-BERRIES AND STOOD UP TO THAT CRAPPY, SELF-CENTERED BOYFRIEND OF HIS!!!

FORT Fogey

About those tatts

Originally posted by mrscience
    You forgot to mention that great tattoo!!!
    I guess I could have mentioned the strange unconnected plumbing pipes on her legs that led to her, erm, womanhood, but I thought I would leave that detail for someone else.

FORT Fogey

Re: Six Feet Under - "Twighlight" (5/18)

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    He finally stands up to Keith and tells him that he is ready to break it off. He will find a place and get his stuff out. Keith seems very surprised as if he didn't see this coming.
    YES!!!

Ruth has quickly moved into an intimate relationship with George and they are talking marriage.
    I really like the actor that plays George. He's got this comforting aura about him.

...Nate has shut down to everything but his deepest, darkest thoughts.
    Nate should move to NYC and start dating some NYU grad student.

Could it be Russell who was just suicidal as DD had suggested in a past post? I think that is highly likely.
    Either suicide or a good haircut is what Russell needs!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Wow, this was a great ep! Totally wacky like some of the great early eps.

When Claire said to Brenda...."can you give me a ride? I've got to go get an abortion" it just made me remember what the show has been like in the past.

Mr. Bravo pointed out the white screen at the time Claire's procedure happened. It's like they were just about to put a date on it, like they do at the beginning, but stopped just short of it. Very clever.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

This might be me just reading too much into the show, but do any of the rest of you get the idea that there's something not-quite-right about George? This was actually my boyfriend's observation, but he convinced me. Think about it: He came back to the funeral home after the service, because he forgot his glasses. True, this may have been a legitimate ploy by the writers to get him alone with Ruth, but it's also a tactic used by con men. Secondly, 6 wives. Again, not necessarily suspicious, but definitely off. Usually people who have been burned that often are a bit jaded and wary about jumping right back into the "I do"s. Thirdly, his picture wasn't on his book jacket. "It's about rocks, not about me." Well, okay. But I then went and checked out all of my old college textbooks (yes, I'm a geek, I kept them) and even the ones on the driest subjects like Organic Chemistry had pictures and mini-bios of the authors.

Eh, I don't know. It was more convincing in my head than it came across in text. Maybe I just like to look for evil where it doesn't really exist.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think you two might be onto something!!!: Things are way too vague and moving way too fast!!! GOOD LOOKIN' OUT!!!

FORT Fogey

Something Curious About George

Originally posted by ajg113
    This might be me just reading too much into the show, but do any of the rest of you get the idea that there's something not-quite-right about George? This was actually my boyfriend's observation, but he convinced me. Think about it: He came back to the funeral home after the service, because he forgot his glasses. True, this may have been a legitimate ploy by the writers to get him alone with Ruth, but it's also a tactic used by con men. Secondly, 6 wives. Again, not necessarily suspicious, but definitely off. Usually people who have been burned that often are a bit jaded and wary about jumping right back into the "I do"s. Thirdly, his picture wasn't on his book jacket. "It's about rocks, not about me." Well, okay. But I then went and checked out all of my old college textbooks (yes, I'm a geek, I kept them) and even the ones on the driest subjects like Organic Chemistry had pictures and mini-bios of the authors.

Eh, I don't know. It was more convincing in my head than it came across in text. Maybe I just like to look for evil where it doesn't really exist.
    You might be on to something. Those are all interesting points.

However, this is the next to last episode. I am wondering how they can tie it all in and drop a bomb on us about George.

Ruth feels way too comfortable with him and he does seem the kindly type that might be hiding something sordid.

I'm getting a bit freaked out about George now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast