+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Teen Wolf - MTV

Re: Teen Wolf - MTV

Episode 7 - Currents - July 15, 2013

I normally really enjoy this show, it is one of my secret thrills but I guess because it has expanded from a 13 episode run to a 24 episode run this season it seems a little slow developing the main story arc. I do like that there are two overwhelming arcs the alpha pack and the druid sacrifices. Still I find the alpha pack story a tad boring. I think the only interesting alpha is Duecalion and the rest are just power hungry thugs who really serve no purpose except to kill. Well, Duecalion is power hungry he is just better at this then the others. There is no loyalty don't the other alphas realize that Duecalion is only using them to increase his powers? I guess he didn't pick them for his brains.

Sad to see Boyd go. Was it really necessary? Guess they needed room for Cora (Derek's younger sister) as I don't really get any vibes or feeling from her character except that she seems a useless waste of space.

Liking that Stiles is becoming the silent leader, the brains. I would mind seeing his dad become a member of the Scooby Gang like Scott's mom has. In fact Scott's mom pretty much rocked in this episode.

I think all the cast must be eating and working out as they looked incredibly toned. Referring much more to Scott's mom and Lydia.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This recent episode was a huge disappointment to me. Ultimately, both Boyd and Erica didn't amount to much in the series, which feels like a complete waste. I don't like when a character dies just to show off how bad the bad guys are, especially when they keep making the heroes look so incompetent. I'm pretty much already sick and tired of Kali Kickingston and how invincible she seems. I agree with you, Bearcata, about Cora, she's so far not doing much of anything on the show, which is a shame, because the actress herself is pretty good, I quite enjoyed her as a villain in Power Rangers RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    This recent episode was a huge disappointment to me. Ultimately, both Boyd and Erica didn't amount to much in the series, which feels like a complete waste. I don't like when a character dies just to show off how bad the bad guys are, especially when they keep making the heroes look so incompetent. I'm pretty much already sick and tired of Kali Kickingston and how invincible she seems. I agree with you, Bearcata, about Cora, she's so far not doing much of anything on the show, which is a shame, because the actress herself is pretty good, I quite enjoyed her as a villain in Power Rangers RPM.
    I think a good mani pedi just find be that alpha's downfall.

Episode 8 - Visionary

The showrunners really like to word play on the episode titles. Basically this is a flashback episode as to why Derek has blue eyes as a werewolf told from his Uncle Peter's perspective and from Gerard Argent's perspective. I luv that you hear the narrator's voice over as to how he is telling what is happening and yet what the narrator says happens and what we see happening are two different things. Luv seeing Scott have a totally "Alpha" moment at the end.

There will be 4 more episodes before the mid season break. The show will be back airing the remaining season 3 episodes January 6, 2014.

Spoiler alert: From the SDCC panel we will be finding out what Lydia really in episode 9.

Episode 9 - The Girl Who Knew Too Much

Well, well, well.......Lydia is The Wailing Women also known as a banshee.

Liked that the title could have referred to either Alyson or Lydia.

Funny to see Isaac trailing Alyson and him oogle her occasionally with his big puppy eyes.

Nice to hear Ethan and Aidan's back story...from Omega to Alpha with lots of killing in between.

Watching Stiles tell his dad what was going on was fun too.

Big surprise for Derek next week.

Episode 10 - The Overlooked - August 05, 2013

The Overlooked refers to the Norse myth of the mistletoe, it can also refers to Isaac or Cora or even Melissa, Scott's mom. So many possibilities.

More and more the backgrounds are being revealed, of the twins, of The Durach, of Kali even a bit of Derek. You can see the plans being revealed, there are hints here and there..I even get the tree in the opening credits and the one Lydia keeps drawing.

Most of this week's episode was enjoyable, mainly because I loved the setting of a hospital in the middle of a storm, and the best moment was Melissa zapping the twins. Sadly, it was a bit slow at times and it pained me to see a couple of dumb moves like Derek having his back to Miss Darach so she could knock him out. Considering she flat-out told him where she got her powers, I hope it means Derek will at the very least suspect that Scott and Stiles' parents are being held there.

Episode 11 - Alpha Pack - August 12, 2013

Absolutely fabulous episode.

It astounds me how much the writers pack into an episode and yet nothing feels rushed and you are on the edge of seat just waiting to see what happens next. I think I will re-watch this episode next week right before the mid season finale.

Memorable moments:

Stiles and Lydia KISS! Wonderful solution to a panic attack.

Stiles F....U comment to the FBI.

Lydia seeing Peter for the first time...the scene is complete with just two words..."you"..."me"..."you".. ."me".

What the heck is Peter trying to manipulate Derek into doing? How does it profit Peter? He is up to something.

Wonderful symmetry between the kids 'rents and their icy sacrifice.

What Morrell's sacred circle can keep out monstrous, murderous werewolves but not mini spears?

That's Scott's father?

Best episode yet.

This show better pick up some Emmy's.

+ Reply to Thread