+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Teen Wolf - MTV

Re: Teen Wolf - MTV

Season 6 Episode 14 "Face-to-Faceless" - August 20, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Wolf_(season_6)

Aaron goes to the hospital and regurgitates the swarm of spiders onto the faceless corpse, which comes back to life. Rumors about Liam's true nature spread through school. Nolan and the lacrosse team beat him up terribly to try to make him transform through anger, but he is able to resist the change until Coach Finstock intervenes. Liam learns Monroe is the new hunter, and Scott meets with her and Gerard for a peace treaty. Monroe reveals she was almost killed by the Beast of Gévaudan, for which she blames Scott's pack. The faceless corpse (the creature that escaped the Wild Hunt) attacks Scott's pack and the hunters, but Parrish repels it. A young werewolf named Quinn is shot by a deputy and later seeks sanctuary with Scott.
    Directed by Linden Ashby aka Sheriff Stilinski

The episode is not that bad (especially if you cut out Liam) you do need to watch the entirety as I have just been watching bits and pieces checking to see when Stiles will show up, I now know better. To be honest the Liam scenes are boring and soooooo drawn out that I just want to shot the cast. Just get on with it. One however; the scene with Mason leading an invisible Corey and Liam out of the school was well thought out and funny, too bad the bloody beating was not and the one teacher not stopping it was way unusual. With all the hits and kicks Liam was taking he should have had a broken jaw, some facial fractures, a broken nose etc ... not just artful blood spray on his face. I like watching Melissa, the Sheriff and Parrish interact they seem to be the only voice of reason on the show. Nice to see the background on Guidance Counselor Monroe and why she wants revenge. However when your city is on the cusp of a Hellmouth you can't stop the bad.

The opening scene with the flat tire and 3 or 4 big men and a girl alone at night was scary and uncomfortable and again why didn't she run away or jump up on the surrounding buildings, then after beating up all the big men, the deputy arrives and shoots her. Is this all Monroe's doing? How do they know who is who? Is it the Fear Monster who is really behind it? Or is it a combination of Monroe, Gerard, the police and the Fear Monster?

Scott drives me crazy with this not killing. Would this situation even be happening if he had killed Gerard many episodes ago? I do understand him wanting to have peace and not be manipulated into violence. That is good. But there is a certain point when you have bent over backwards for peace, when nothing had worked, when you must make the decision you are going to fight, then fight without mercy, and with utter conviction. Violence should not be the first option but sometimes it must be the last.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 6 Episode 15 "Pressure Test" - August 20, 2017

Deaton, Mason and Corey identify the Wild Hunt escapee as the Anuk-Ite or Double-Face, a powerful creature from Native American mythology, which feeds on the fear it creates. Theo escapes the hunters along with Jiang and Tierney, the last survivors of Satomi's pack, but the trio are arrested for murder. Scott's pack go to the police station but Monroe's hunters surround the precinct, demanding they hand over Jiang and Tierney, who killed some of her hunters to avenge Satomi. The Anuk-Ite increases everyone's fear, and two deputies kill themselves. Scott's father arrives and makes a compromise with the hunters, taking Jiang and Tierney into FBI custody, but the deputy who drives them away is loyal to Monroe and kills them. Scott's father persuades Scott's pack to flee Beacon Hills, but they only pretend to do so, having decided to fight back.
    One thing I give the actress playing Monroe really articulates every word so there is no misunderstanding her or mumbles. Liked how she explained what a "pressure test" was.

Wasn't Deputy Morrow the one who shot Quinn in the head?

This is the tipping point episode, the pack can only go so long acting like chickens with their heads cut off. Nice to see Deacon again. Liked how Deacon, Corey and Mason figured out who the Big Bad is; Anuk-Ite or Double-Face. Cool that Corey's invisible power allowed him to see the other face in the stone that Deacon recovered from Eichen House. Overall this was a good, tight episode but this back and forthing with locking up Tierney and Jiang and letting them go was getting tiresome. How the heck did Nolan get out of his handcuffs? Unless the inside man that also killed Tierney and Jiang at the end of the episode also handcuffed Nolan and either gave him a key or didn't lock the handcuffs? That makes sense. After last episode and this episode it is very evident that you can't trust Monroe to keep to the letter of any agreement. She is dead set on killing all supernaturals regardless of the cost.

Watching three episodes close together helps you see the sense of where the story is going and you get to see that there are many other plot points and actors moving the story along and it minimizes Liam's scenes, thankfully.

Nice to see Scott's dad again, but does he know Scott is a werewolf???

Season 6 Episode 16 "Triggers" - September 3, 2017

Aaron identifies a werecoyote named Edgar in school and "tests" him by transferring a spider into his body. Edgar is left slowly dying, and Monroe has him killed by Aaron, unsettling Nolan. Theo and Liam draw the hunters to an abandoned zoo, and Theo stops Liam from killing Nolan in rage, warning him that his fear of the Anuk-Ite triggers his anger. The pack breaks into Gerard's armory, discovering it empty of weapons. They find Jiang and Tierney's remains and a world map, and inadvertently activate the armory's security system, which sucks all the oxygen out of the room. Scott and Malia nearly suffocate to death, but Lydia and Argent rescue them. At the McCall home, Malia and Scott kiss. They discover that Gerard's map indicates the locations of all the Nemetons around the world, which he plans to use to wipe out all supernaturals, and that Gerard has given all his weapons to the people of Beacon Hills. The house is suddenly attacked by gunfire, and one of them is shot
    When Nolan was watching Aaron kill Edgar, the red haired kid who was a werecoyote it looked as if he was getting off on it, it looked as if he was sexually simulated by the Edgar being in pain and then being killed. He gets off following Mason, spying and informing on the pack but seems to be a coward also. I am not quiet sure what is up with this character.

Scott's dad finally knows about supernaturals.

At times the stories drag and Scott, Malia, Argent and Lydia in Gerard's warehouse was one of them, although you are glad to see the characters be proactive. Still there is this niggling thought in the back of my head about why didn't any of the hunters in the warehouse get killed, after all they will come at you again and again until stopped.

Seriously, I would have loved to have seen Gerard take off the Counselor's head her righteousness ticks me off.

Scott and Malia. I can see it. Now that Scott is more mature and Malia is a bit grounded I can see them as a couple, a long term couple.

By this point in the shows airing I was checking around and finally found articles they had just released that Dylan O'Brien had not been contracted to appear in the last 10 episodes. I mean to me this show is the relationship between Scott and Stiles and in fact I truly loved the development and growth of Stiles the only human in the pack. To me he was the star of the show. Scott's character was stuck for a bit and has this stupid no kill constraint on him to the point of stupidity and I felt that it hurt the story lines. To kill or not to kill is a balancing act in these situations and it was always Scott's mission to find a new way for the supernaturals to interact with humans but let's be real at time it was sooooo boring and made absolutely no sense when to kill meant everyone's survival. I think the showrunners boxed themselves into a corner with that particular mythos of the Teen Wolf World.

Season 6 Episode 17 "Werewolves of London" - September 10, 2017

Gerard sends hunters to London, where Jackson and Ethan, now a couple, live. Suspecting Gerard, they return to Beacon Hills to find Scott, but are captured by Monroe. Melissa, Mason, Rafael and Lydia were all shot in the gunfire attack, moving Scott to decide to form an army to combat Gerard's army. He and Malia unsuccessfully try to recruit Deucalion to join the fight. Malia recruits her father Peter Hale, who joins after he sees that Malia is in love with Scott. The pack discovers that Aaron is the first half of the Anuk-Ite. Lydia sees a vision of the dead Hellhound Hawlyn, who reveals that she needs to find the other half of the Anuk-Ite before it finds itself.
    The opening scene was fun, with Jackson and Ethan, I still don't get why they left those hunters alive.

I thought Melissa (Scott's mom) was the only one shot, imagine my surprise to find out Rafael (Scott's dad and FBI Agent), Mason and Lydia were also shot. Then it turns out to be Gabe, Nolan's friend and the tall dude who helped beat up Liam in a previous episode. He basically shot three humans for what?

Nice to see Deucalion ... liked the Bragua or was that Bagua style of martial arts ... it is always fun to see Malia's angry turned on herself.

Peter Hale, always delicious to see.

The mature men on this show have always been a pleasure to watch, casting has always done a great job.

Hated to see that smug faced Counselor Monroe take over the sheriff's station.

Season 6 Episode 18 "Genotype" - September 17, 2017

Lydia and Malia briefly revive Halwyn, who warns them of the Anuk-Ite's petrifying vision before the silver from Monroe's bullet poisons and finally kills him. While Mason and Theo track Aaron in the tunnels beneath the town, Scott and Liam trace a call on a dead Primal werewolf's phone to science teacher Mrs. Finch, who is revealed to be an Alpha werewolf and Quinn's mother. Quinn, the other half of the Anuk-Ite, attacks Scott, Liam and Finch, while Theo wounds Aaron in a fight, inflicting pain on Quinn in the process. This enables Aaron and Quinn to find each other and merge into the complete Anuk-Ite, who later allies with Gerard to destroy Scott.
    Basically the set up to Anuk-Ite finding both it's halves and becoming whole. It involves, Scott, Liam, Gabe (Nolan's friend who texts for armed backup at the high school), Mrs. Finch; the biology teacher, werewolf, and Quinn's mother. Yes, Quinn the girl (werewolf) who was at the police station with the gang when they were under siege.

The other plot involves Lydia and Malia removing the bullet from Halwyn's brain with an MRI. Really, they couldn't use forceps? I am surprised an autopsy wasn't done and the bullet removed, and various other organs removed as they do in a regular autopsy. That was strange. Halwyn was cute and would have been a good date for Lydia.

I wonder how long this particular plot supposedly timewise has taken. I mean kids leave for college normally before high school starts so for the gang to have hung around while high school started was a bit weird. I figure 2 to 3 weeks. Figure Scott and Lydia just blew their college careers.

Gerard and Anuk-Ite hooking up, a partnership made in Hell. Gerard Argent/Michael Hogan does depraved evil so well that I detest him, congratulations.

Season 6 Episode 19 "Broken Glass" - September 17, 2017

In Brazil, Argent tracks down Derek, who is searching for yellow wolfsbane. Kate, who is allied with Gerard and had framed Derek for mass murder, arrives and shoots them both, taking the wolfsbane to use against Scott. Meanwhile Gerard and Monroe distribute weapons to most of Beacon Hills' population, but Scott believes that the townspeople's fear and hatred is not real and that the war can be averted by destroying the Anuk-Ite. He and Malia enlist Deucalion to teach them how to fight without sight, so they can defeat the Anuk-Ite. Lydia has a vision of her friends petrified and turned to stone.Lydia and Peter track down Scott to warn him, but Monroe and her hunters arrive and open fire, mortally wounding Deucalion. At the same time Nolan betrays the hunters and leads Liam to the hospital to find captured werewolves, but this is a trap Monroe set up, knowing Nolan planned to betray her. Liam, Mason and Corey are trapped in the hospital as hunters close in.
    The opening scene with Argent in Brazil talking to a police officer about a massacre is epic especially when it is revealed that Derek Hale is BACK.

Seriously, they had so much fun with spinning the car, did it really add to the story line? No, but it was fun to watch and reminds me that it is Teen Wolf, and boys will be boys and just want to have fun.

I do have a pet peeve with folks to write summaries and post to wiki as they are making assumptions as to what happened and don't report what they saw. Yes, the episode starts in Brazil and shows a massacre, but it does not mean they are still in Brazil when Derek and Argent meet up, they are in the US as Brazil doesn't let the FBI run around arresting folks willy nilly.

You don't know if Kate is allied with Gerard. Does she want to get back in his good graces yes. Gerard may kill Kate for being a Jaguar shifter, definitely.

At first I found it ridiculous that Monroe's Army even knew their way around hi tech automatic weapons much less know how to fire them and actually hit something. It is not that easy. Nice to know that they are getting some training. I still don't get how Monroe's Army is getting that much information and putting it together and seem to have tabs on everybody. And that she has the pulse on knowing exactly what Nolan will do or how he will behave. Most of the leaders/bosses/supervisors I have ever had were not that observant, or much of a leader, or that organized. Ambitious yes, good leaders and or managers no, and couldn't read people to save their lives.

Nolan, poor Nolan, what is Nolan, and opportunist, a coward, a survivor. He has played conflicting roles this season and I kinda feel sorry for him and kinda despise him.

Sidebar: considering Lydia and Mason got shot two episodes ago they sure are running around as if they were not.

One of the main focuses of this episode was formerly blind Deucalion attempting to teach Scott and Malia to fight without their eyes, to use their other senses, yet Scott, Malia and Deucalion, with their superior hearing did not hear all of Monroe's SUV's filled with hunters and guns and heartbeats ... so lame, so stupid, and so goes against the mythos of the werewolf. I hate it when the writers do stupid stuff like that just to build the conflict to the tipping/boiling point and lead directly to the season and series finale.

Yeah, Stiles is back and saves Scott by strongly hitting a shooter with his jeep, Roscoe. Amazing how Stiles can so easily and cheerfully potentially kill an enemy to protect Scott and the pack and yet Scott cannot.

Nice historical reference to the German "Night of Glass", see TV does teach kids things.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-01-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Season 6 Episode 20 "The Wolves of War" - September 24, 2017

The series finale.

Stiles and Derek rescue Scott, Lydia, Malia and Peter from the hunters, but Deucalion dies from his wounds. Stiles and Lydia rescue Jackson and Ethan from the hunters, and the pack head to the school to confront the Anuk-Ite, who uses illusions to lure them and petrifies almost all of them. Despite being shot with yellow wolfsbane by Monroe, Scott fights the creature, blinding himself to avoid looking at it. Stiles attacks the Anuk-Ite with mountain ash, inverting its powers and petrifying it, in the process restoring everyone it petrified. Malia helps Scott heal himself by kissing him to help him focus. Liam, Mason and Corey defeat the hunters at the hospital with the help of Melissa, Theo and Nolan. Gerard betrays and fatally shoots Kate with yellow wolfsbane, but after Argent tells them that Scott has won, Kate shifts into werejaguar form and assaults Gerard. Monroe flees Beacon Hills but continues to wage war on supernatural people across the world, along with thousands of her followers. Scott continues to fight against her, and later rescues and recruits a young werewolf named Alec in LA, along with Stiles, Derek, Lydia, Malia, Liam and Argent.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/105600.html

The military order Havoc! was a signal given to the English military forces in the Middle Ages to direct the soldiery (in Shakespeare's parlance 'the dogs of war') to pillage and chaos.
    Shakespeare was well aware of the use of the meaning of havoc and he used 'cry havoc' in several of his plays. The 'cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war' form of the phrase is from his Julius Caesar, 1601. After Caesar's murder Anthony regrets the course he has taken and predicts that war is sure to follow.

ANTONY:
    Blood and destruction shall be so in use
    And dreadful objects so familiar
    That mothers shall but smile when they behold
    Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;
    All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:
    And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
    With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
    Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
    Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
    That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
    With carrion men, groaning for burial.
    Gerard quoting Skakespeare was fun but I wish Derek's completion of the line had more weight and depth to it as that line so richly needs to be said with as much gravitas as possible.

Great to see Stiles and Derek again. Seriocomic relief as always. The entire group dynamic just works so much better with everyone in a scene. However, how can Stiles even walk if the FBI really shot off his big toe?

Also need to mention Lydia and Jackson's reunion and that entire switch and bait with Lydia so relieved that Jackson finally figured out he was gay. Honorable mention to Jackson's tail for helping him to escape.

Mountain Ash, my friend, loved the ending, and how by trying to make sure it was so powerful, the Anuk-Ite also gained the werewolves vulnerabilities, ironic to the max.

While enjoyable and glad to see so many favorites saved from the way Scott was talking to Alec the assumption is that many of the pack died and that was why I was surprised and confused as to who had Scott lost, his pack, his father, his mother, the Sheriff, Deputy Parrish had all survived. Since the pack does not kill and the only one really killed was Gabe (Nolan's friend) and he was deliberately shot by his own side. Oh, like the one hit by Stiles jeep was OK?

Luv'ed, luv'ed seeing Coach take out a bad guy with a lacrosse stick, that was so much fun. Again not sure about Nolan seemed such a plastic character as far as being pulled by both sides.

Thrilled that Chris Argent and Melissa McCall continued being a couple.

Forgot to mention Kickass Sheriff Stilinski beating up 3 of his deputies, "old dawgs" can still bite.

Luv'ed Mason and Corey's invisible bedpan attack.

So sorry that the gang could not continue their careers, Scott as a vet, Stiles with the FBI, Lydia at MIT, seemed a shame and hope that was not what really happened as that was the implication and kinda sad that they had to put their lives on hold for the future fight with Monroe. Especially in the light that peace and harmony had finally settled on Beacon Hills for now. Well at least it was not destroyed like Sunnyvale was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-01-2017 at 12:33 PM.

FYI:

‘Teen Wolf’ Exits With Ratings High For Finale | Deadline

September 26, 2017 4:03pm

MTV’s Teen Wolf clawed its way to a Live+ same day season high rating in its series finale Sunday. The episode, which wrapped the show’s sixth and final season, was the highest-rated telecast in MTV’s target demographic of P18-34 (0.80) since the second half of Season 5 in January 2016, according to MTV and Nielsen stats. Vs. the Season 5 finale in March 2016, the series closer was up a whopping +122% (.80 vs..37).

Related'Teen Wolf' Series Finale: The Claws Come Out For One Last Showdown And Open-Ended Conclusion
    Teen Wolf also saw its first season over season increase for Season 6, up 25% (0.45) for P18-34 L+SD, since season 3 in 2014.

Teen Wolf also notched the no. 1 spot as the most social program on Sunday, according to Nielsen Social Content Ratings.

The teen drama also helped MTV log three consecutive quarters of quarter-to-quarter growth in share (F2Q-F4Q) for the first time in 15 years in P18-34 (L+SD).

Sunday’s series finale, also its 100th episode, featured guest appearances by returning favorites including Dylan O’Brien (Stiles), Tyler Hoechlin (Derek Hale), Colton Hanes (Jackson Whittemore) and Charlie Carver (Ethan). The finale was written by developer, executive producer and showrunner Jeff Davis.

I have to agree with many fan comments on other sites that this was not the most satisfying series finale and that in fact episode 10 in Season 6A where the gang all are heading out to college, interning at the FBI Academy and flying to France should have been the series finale.

In fact it would be great to see a series about Stiles and Lydia 5 to 10 yrs later after they have finished their schooling and having lives in the real world outside of Beacon Hills potentially investigating supernatural events as FBI Agents.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-01-2017 at 01:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread