+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Teen Wolf - MTV

Re: Teen Wolf - MTV

What I like about the fight scenes is that the girls/women fight in skirts.

Although I do think Kira's plaid skit is someone's schoolgirl fantasy and Japanese anime/manga fantasy all rolled into one. Just saying.
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teen Wolf is getting three new male characters for season 4:

Mason Dye (Ender's Game)
    Khylin Rhambo (First Family)
    Dylan Sprayberry (Glee, Criminal Minds)

All will be new members of the lacrosse team.

MTV Launches Memorial Site for Character's Death - ABC News

Thousands of young fans of MTV's "Teen Wolf" series are turning to a website set up by the network to offer a gathering place for people to collectively mourn the sudden death of one of the show's main characters.

Twelve hours after "Teen Wolf" ended Monday night, more than 100,000 people had visited the TeenWolfMemorial.com website, with more than 4,000 posting messages about the character Allison Argent, who died after a mythical Japanese demon stabbed her with her sword.

Even more dramatic, she died proclaiming her undying love to her ex-boyfriend, the drama's lead character Scott McCall.

"Every post and everything I see brings back a new wave of tears," posted one fan, identified on the site as Jamie C.

The death of Argent, played by actress Crystal Reed, wasn't entirely a surprise; MTV has been advertising that one of the show's main characters would be killed off. The network kept that character's identity a secret, although the announcement that someone was doomed launched plenty of online speculation.

With the advertiser-supported website, MTV is looking to seize on fan interest by offering interviews with Reed and other cast members who offer "eulogies," as well as a place for people to vent.

"We could equate it to digital hyperventilating," said Tom Fishman, vice president of content marketing and audience engagement for MTV.

"Teen Wolf" is one of MTV's most popular shows, reaching a series high of 3.5 million viewers for the third-season premiere. About six in 10 viewers are female, with a median age of 21.

Jeff Davis, the show's executive producer, said MTV approached him before this season with the idea of shaking up things, perhaps with an untimely death. He was reluctant. "As the creator of the show, these characters were like my children," he said.

Shortly after, Reed asked for a meeting and told Davis she wanted to move on and do other things. So the decision to send her character off in a coffin was set.

"You can start to feel like (it's) a cheap ratings grab," he said. "Our audience feels so passionate about the show. The characters live and breathe for them, so you don't want to cheapen it."

But he was pleased that Reed gave the writers a chance to come up with a solid story, and he's glad the memorial site was set up.

For the young "Teen Wolf" audience, the episode also offers a lesson that first love — no matter how passionately felt — is rarely last love. Even though Argent and McCall had broken up, and McCall was dating someone else, many fans wanted to see them get back together.

One thing Davis is still unsure about is whether it was a good idea to tease fans ahead of time that one of their favorite characters was going to die — a surefire way to convince fans not to miss it — or just spring it on them as a surprise.

"It's a fine line between art and commerce," he said. "It's hard to say."

For all the content being offered on the site, "the most important thing you'll find when you log on is other fans," Fishman said. For MTV, the possibility exists that the site could backfire, and be filled with angry messages that reflect poorly on the show.

And it did: "I will always miss you," wrote fan Kaliegh W. "Now I hate this show."

"My tissue box ran out and it's 11," wrote Natasha S. "Oh, OK. Teen Wolf doesn't want me to sleep. Fine."

Reed may be able to defuse any anger with her website interview, where she discusses her desire to move on to other work, so people won't feel that her character was killed off against her will.

———

Online:

Teen Wolf Memorial

Season 3 finale - March 24, 2014

mmmm ... I think I will have to watch it again. The finale seemed a bit frenetic or maybe it was supposed to be as far as the Nogitsune is supposed to create chaos.

I really thought Melissa McCall was going to die and was surprised that instead it was Aidan and it looks as if Ethan will be gone next season. I think Scott's dad might be around next season that seemed open ended. Malia showed up. Derek going to Stiles for advice was surprising ... and lo and behold it's a dream or is it? Then Wam Bam Kate Argent is back! Does this mean that there will be ab licking in someone's future?

Season 4 starts June 23, 2014 just 90 days away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 4 starts June 23, 2014 just 90 days away.
    That soon? Great! I thought we'd have to wait much longer for the new season.

I saw the first half of last nights ep but not the last so I'll watch that today. I was worried Scott's mom wasn't going to make it so I'm happy to hear she does. I was really hoping the twins would stick around and finally be part of the pack so sorry to read Aiden doesn't make it.

I never liked the character of Kate Argent and the actress for some reason really grates on my nerves so I'm definitely not happy she is back. Oh well, maybe she will finally be killed off for good at some point. I can hope so anyway, lol.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I am re-watching the finale. The first 4 or 5 minutes before the opening credits are just so powerful. Chris Argent (Allison's dad) is prepping Scott as to what to say to the police about what happened to Allison. Incredibly powerful scene. Next you see Lydia, Scott and Isaac sitting on a bed at the police station all in a state of shock over what happened. Later when Isaac is making his statement I can honestly say that is the best acting I have ever seen him do on this series. I found it interesting to note that most of the scenes are very dark with the characters all wearing dark or black clothes and then the scene switches to Kira and Stiles and her parents house and both Kira and Stiles are wearing these loud splashes of red. Later Nogitsune Stiles shows up at the hospital and starts his reign of terror and all the lights are blinking off and on and strobing and the oni attack and it is mad chaos all done to an amazing rendition of Bad Moon Rising. WOW! Bravo to whomever created the lighting for that entire scene. I still haven't touched on the police station being attacked as well as a touching (insert smirk) parental scene between Melissa McCall (Scott's mom) and Scott's dad. All this in the first 26 minutes.

Who ever did the lighting for this episode and the costume design should be congratulated as the black, white and red theme continues. The confrontation and fight in the Japanese garden feels very other worldly and surreal the washed out effect works remarkable well in that scene then there is the parallel fight between the oni, Derek, Aidan and Ethan. Luv seeing Chris Argent and Isaac work together. In fact all the scenes JR Bourne aka Chris Argent does with other characters go over very well. Argent and Derek, Argent and Scott, Argent and Isaac. Small but very intense and powerful, impactful scenes. Then there are the parallel scenes of Melissa and Rafe (Scott's dad) McCall versus Aidan and Ethan's last moments and Sherrif Stilinski and Deputy Parrish. Small and subtle strokes there Jeff Davis to propel the story and add depth and interest. Lots of layering here. In fact when it ends it ends rather suddenly and not as the final scene of the episode which it rather unusual. I love how the gang solves the puzzle of stopping the Nogitsune by changing the host body, by having Scott give the Nogitsune; the fox spirit, a werewolf bite. The host body cannot be werewolf and fox at the same time. Loved the effect of making the Nogitsune's body turn to stone and then dust. Kudos to the makeup crew. What was neat about this show is that they then had almost a mini wrapup and move forward and setup for the next season and it all happens in the last 6 minutes of the episode. Danny and Aidan break up and we know Ethan is leaving Beacon Hills. Danny reveals that the rest of the student population is not dumb to what is happening around them. Malia shows up and has a beautiful moment with Coach. Kira is no longer the new kid at school. Kira's parents wrap up the game on the go board and it leaves you wondering if they know more and manipulated more in the background than we realize. Luv'ed that the scene with Malia, Scott and Stiles practicing the show your claws move and almost ripping Stiles face off. Then there is Derek asking advice from Stiles ... priceless.

With Crystal Reed/Allison, Charlie and Max Carver/ Ethan and Aidan and possibly Daniel Sharman/Isaac leaving it really opens the door to new characters. I am glad that current shows don't try to hold on to characters past their story lines. With Malia and Deputy Parrish, Kira and her parents and supposedly 3 new lacrosse players and Kate Argent coming back there will be plenty of new players in town to amaze and entertain us and it in less than 90 days we get to see what will happen when season 4 starts on June 23, 2014.

'Teen Wolf' fave not returning for season 4 | Inside TV | EW.com

Daniel Sharman is out of Teen Wolf.

EW has confirmed that the actor, who played hottie werewolf Isaac on the supernatural teen drama, has opted not return for the show’s upcoming season 4, set to start June 23 on MTV. E! Online was the first to report.

Sharman reportedly asked to pursue other endeavors, and creator Jeff Davis told the website that his character will not be killed off, leaving a chance for him to return in the future.

The actor’s exit is the latest of several that hit the show late in its third season, which concluded Monday night. Allison (Crystal Reed), who was the girlfriend of Sharman’s character, was killed off in a penultimate episode shocker after Reed asked to depart the show, and Max Carver’s Aiden was killed in the finale.

Cast changes aren’t the only shakeups on tap for the fourth season. When previewing the action, Davis told EW that the new season will focus on having Scott (Tyler Posey) confront “very human problems.” “[Scott]‘s faced a lot of supernatural problems, but now he’s going to have some very difficult human ones,” Davis said.

‘Teen Wolf’ Season 4 Spoilers — What Is Kate? Is Daniel Sharman Leaving? - TVLine

March 25, 2014 12:09 PM PDT
    Teen Wolf EP on Kate's 'Agenda,' Danny's Twist, Isaac's Exit and More Season 4 Scoop
    by Andy Swift

Still recovering from last night’s Teen Wolf finale? Of course you are, it was absolutely insane. Fortunately, TVLine got executive producer Jeff Davis on the line to answer our burning questions, including what we can expect from Aunt Kate and who will be hooking up with whom when Season 4 begins June 23.

Let’s start with Kate’s return. How long did you know she’d be coming back?
    That was planned in Season 1, I’m not kidding. They asked me how much I wanted to see of [Kate's] wound, and I said, “I only want to see the claw marks. It has to be very specific. She needs deep claw marks in her neck.” They wanted the death to be bigger, and I was like, “No! Trust me on this!” It’s really fun to be able to plant something like that so early and have it pay off, like, 40 episodes later. We actually planned to bring her back much sooner, but they kept renewing Wipeout, so that made it difficult to schedule her. And at that time we were doing the resurrection of Peter, and I felt like it’d be too many resurrections at once.

What’s up with her skin? She looks like a scary Avatar.
    It’s a blue-ish pattern, yes. The patterns and spots are very specific. I won’t say what she is exactly, but she’s definitely a were creature, so I think people can look it up and probably figure things out themselves.

Will she be a friend or a foe?
    Well, she’s going to be a foe to many people, but you’ll be surprised to see who she aligns herself with. She definitely has an agenda, and one of those agendas is to survive at all costs. She still considers herself an argent — and a hunter.

And then there’s Danny. Does he know everything?!
    Oh, you’ll find out. That twist was partly a nod to The Lost Boys, and one of my favorite lines in that movie comes at the end: “One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach … all the damn vampires.” There was always a question of whether or not we’d turn Danny into something, or if he’d know about it but choose to stay out of the supernatural goings-on in order to survive. I can imagine his house is just lined with mountain ash.

I’m glad Malia is finally going to stick around next season.
    So are we! We signed her up pretty late, so we were iffy on it up until we wrote the last episode. Her scenes, where she returned to school, hadn’t even been planned yet, and I was on the phone with the network being like, “Did we sign her up? Am I writing her into the finale?” But it eventually worked out and we’re really happy about it. We were only able to plant a few seeds this season, but we’ll have plenty of time to explore her character. [Shelley Hennig] is a phenomenal person, she’s up for anything and I hope people are really going to like Malia.

We already know Stiles does. What’s their relationship going to be like?
    You’ll have to wait to see where they are in the first episode, but I’ll definitely say that Malia complicates things, both romantically and in the pack. Scott is going to accept her into his pack, and her relationship with Peter is going to become a major complication as well.

What about poor Derek? His women always end up dead or evil or both. Will that change?

It may. Hoechlin is really good at romance on-screen, and we know that he loves it, so we’re going to try for it. We’ve got a lot of ideas and we’re spinning a few threads at the beginning of the fourth season, so we’ll see how it goes.

Aiden was last night’s big death. Why kill him off, rather than send him out of town with his brother?
    It was a creative decision. We debated it quite a bit in the writers’ room, and we decided it was just a powerful story. His goal was to prove, both to Lydia and to himself, that he could be one of the good guys and fight for a cause. So he fought… and he died. We knew that Charlie and Max were going off to do [HBO's The Leftovers], which we’re really proud of them for. I said to Max before the script went out, “Sorry, man, I have to kill you. It’s just too good.” And they loved doing the scene. It was difficult, emotionally, but it was really good stuff on screen. It was so emotionally charged.

Same question about Crystal Reed. With so much advanced knowledge of her departure, why kill her, rather than send her away?

We’d debated it many different ways, actually. The show is growing up, and it’s just like what they did on The Good Wife; it’s shocking and it changes the show. Death happens and everyone else is left behind. It spins the characters and the story in new directions. To be honest, we struggled to think of a reason why Allison would leave Beacon Hills. This was more true to her character. She’s not the kind of person who would just say, “OK, guys, I’m out of here. Take care.” It was a powerful, painful moment. And to be honest, if we’d known Colton [Haynes] was going to leave after Season 2, I’m not so sure he would have survived. I have the utmost respect for Crystal, who sat me down and told me she was ready to move on and try new things. I’m proud of her and feel very fortunate to have had an actress like that.

Anyone else we might not see back in Season 4?
    Daniel Sharman, actually, may not be returning for Season 4. He came to me shortly after Crystal; he was waffling about it. We’d actually convinced him to do Season 3B — I think he was holding out on that as well. He told me he wanted to try other things, maybe do a movie, and I said, “OK, if we can’t convince you to stay, you tell me where it should go.” And he just said, “Please don’t kill me off!” So, there’s a possibility Isaac will return, but we don’t know for sure.

MTV is showing trailers for season 4. Not quite sure what to think but they are featuring Scott, Stiles, Derek and Malia running through ash or very fine dirt.

+ Reply to Thread