+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Teen Wolf - MTV

Re: Teen Wolf - MTV

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While I luv this show and especially Stiles ... I find the recent story line are to watch ... while episode 19 Letharia Vulpina was great the following episode 20 Echo House was harder to watch. There are brilliant moments ... Malia and Stiles together ... watching the gang attempt to "rob" an armored car ... Kira jumping on the back of a Werewolf like 5 times her size ... totally luv watching Mr. Argent and Derek in their scenes. There are good together. They both are darker and seem like the wise men of the show.

Only 4 more episodes to go to the season finale.
    Should read: I find the recent story line difficult to watch

Luv'ed tonights episode "The Fox and The Wolf" intense and yet more fun to watch than "The Echo House" episode ... liked the reveal and the origin of the bad guy. And we find out what kind of Kitsune Kira is.

Overall what I really like about this series is while it started out as a teen angst/romance type of story it has gone past that. I really liked seeing Mr. Argent and Derek teaming up together and in today's episode it was nice to see Sheriff Stilinski and Allison working together. The regular characters dynamics and the shift in characters working together really make this show fresh and edgy. What I really like is various adults younger and older working with the gang. What was really eye opening was the next to last scene with Kira's parents almost acting as if they had set up the gang and they don't really know it, as if Kira's mom is using them as pieces in a chess game just like the Nogitsune.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-04-2014 at 01:38 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I get a little lost and forgetful about all the different mythologies at times but I'm mainly keeping up (I think, lol). I'm really hoping Stiles can be freed without having to be turned. I kind of like him and Malia together as well. I get that the whatchacallit possessed the burned soldier but why/how did his teeth turn to metal? Ready for that storyline to wrap up. And I'm really liking the Derek/Mr. Argent teamup.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Echo House
    Episode 20
    2/24/14

Teen Wolf - Episode Guide - TV.com
    "Stiles is locked up while the rest try to figure out whether or not they need to sacrifice Stiles to get rid of the Nogitsune."

Well at least I know how to spell Nogitsune.

A very dark episode.

What did I like:

Stiles, Malia, Morell in Eichen House.

Liked Malia punching Stiles out.
    Liked Malia and Stiles in the shower room.
    Liked Malia and Stiles on the couch.
    Luv'ed Malia's exit from Eichen House.

Morell is such a pivotal character and she just keeps up turning up.
    She stops the fight between Stiles and Malia.
    She gives Stiles amphetamines to keep him awake and threatens to kill him in the same scene.
    She sets of Malia's journey to find Scott.

Am still luv'ing any interaction between Chris Argent and Derek and their deep philosophical discussions about killing Stiles.

Not so thrilled with the interactions of Stiles and the Nogitsume ... not sure why ... cause it's creepy ... or I can't really get a read on the Nogitsume and why it's doing what it is doing.

Luv'ed the comic relief provided by the remaining Scooby Gang ... Lydia, Allison, the twins and Scott planning the armored robbery and Kira attaching herself and really acting like an overeager little puppy, wagging her little tail so hard that she accidentally pees on herself.

I am amazed as how much stuff Jeff Davis packs into each episode ... other showrunners could learn a thing or two.

The Fox and the Wolf
    Episode 21
    3/3/14

Teen Wolf - Episode Guide - TV.com
    "In this episode Kira's mom goes to a trip down memory lane to World War 2 were we learn the identity of the Nogitsune and how he was summoned by a familiar face.

Sheriff,Derek and Chris discuss their plans on how to find stiles and how to trap him."

Basically the origin story of the Nogitsune and of Kira's mother, Noshiko Yukimura.
    Nashiko means "child of the west".
    Kira means "glittery, shiny" ... perfect for someone who shines in a photo.

What I liked ....

Liked the flashback story.
    Luv'ed seeing the actress who plays Kira playing her mom in the internment camp ... great job channeling mom.
    Liked the Fox and Wolf angle.
    Luv'ed that they they haven't and hopefully will never use the song "The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?).
    Interesting note with the riddles.

Still am totally luv'ing that the adults know and are working together to solve the problem.

Luv'ed that Tyler Posey/Scott McCall and Linden Ashby/Sheriff Stilinsky call Tyler Hoechlin/Derek Hale Grumpy Cat on the Wolf Watch episode that ran after this episode of Teen Wolf.

We now that Kira is a Thunder Kitsune.

Sidenote:
    Kitsune - Mythical Creatures Guide
    There are thirteen different kinds of Kitsune, each with a corresponding element, listed as follows: Heaven (or Celestial or Prime), Void (or Dark), Wind, Spirit, Fire, Earth, River, Ocean, Mountain, Forest, Thunder, Time and Sound.

Only 3 more episodes to go until the season finale on 3/24/14.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-08-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Devoid
    Episode 22
    3/10/14

Chaos everywhere is the best way to describe this episode. The Nogitsume releases his mischief creating powers as flies and everyone goes nuts. Dylan O'Brien is simply brilliant as the Nogitsume and how he deals with each character. On top of all the chaos Sheriff Stilinsky must deal will the impeachment board. Beautifully done.

Insatiable
    Season 3 Episode 23
    03/17/14

Wow, didn't see that coming .... when ever a series hints at a death of a character it is usually a secondary character and never the lead. I think Walking Dead has upset that apple cart as they regularly kill of main characters. It seemed pretty obvious in the last fight scene that Isaac was being torn apart and that he was heading for the great dog park in the sky especially since we really haven't seen his character for that last 2 or 3 episodes and BAM its Allison. WHAT! Yes, that's right Allison has a big old sword poked right through her and plop she goes down and dies in Scott's arms and it's still not the finale episode.

You can see that the show runners are setting up for next season with the addition of Malia and Meredith (the new banshee) and of course the new deputy. I do wonder who or what he will be?

Still in limbo the fate of Ethan and Aiden after being shot full of wolfbane.

What was really funny or more awkward than funny is that Scott's father basically came back to town to apologize to Scott for almost killing him as a kid while he was having a (drunken) argument with Scott's mom (Scott's mom and dad were arguing at the top of the stairs and Scott came out of his bedroom and his dad grabbed his arm and Scott pulled away and fell down the stairs and was knocked unconscious for about 20 seconds.). What is kinda funny in a weird way is that Scott's dad is trying to make amends via the A.A. 12 step program of apologizing to the folks you have harmed and while it is incredibly important to Scott's father to do this it is in the middle of Scott trying to find the kidnapped Lydia and trying to find a way to stop the Nogitsume and Scott really doesn't have time for daddy issues.

I do wonder if Scott's dad will ever get it that there is spooky stuff going on around Beacon Hills?

.... according to the Scared TV Guide there will be more death in the finale and more Wolf Hunters but not Argents.

I can't believe Allison is dead! But then I read that she approached TPTB and said she wanted to move on to other things. Her death scene was very reminiscent of Marissa and Ryan on The OC, but I haven't forgiven that show for killing off Marissa as it would have been much easier to have her go off to live with her dad. Here, I can understand killing Allison as she had nowhere to go really. I hope this doesn't mean we'll lose Mr. Argent, I'm really liking his and Derek's partnership.

I can't believe Allison is dead! But then I read that she approached TPTB and said she wanted to move on to other things. Her death scene was very reminiscent of Marissa and Ryan on The OC, but I haven't forgiven that show for killing off Marissa as it would have been much easier to have her go off to live with her dad. Here, I can understand killing Allison as she had nowhere to go really. I hope this doesn't mean we'll lose Mr. Argent, I'm really liking his and Derek's partnership.

Also I'm disappointed by the reveal of why Scott's dad left. The way Stiles and the mom acted, I was expecting something much worse. Not that Scott accidentally being pushed down the stairs isn't bad, but I was thinking of something more covert, like an affair or something.

I was surprised that Crystal Reed asked to leave the show;

Butt-Sculpting Exercises - Butt Workout for Women

partial quote:

Reed speaks more about choosing to leave what she lauds as a “brilliant” show.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why?!?! Wait, let me start over. Deciding to leave the show was obviously a tough call to make. Tell me how you decided it was time.
    CRYSTAL REED: I love the art. And I felt like, creatively, there were things I wanted to do differently, and I wanted to explore other avenues of film and TV. I wanted to jump into different characters. You know, I’m 29. So I think the age difference was something I wanted to change as well because she’s 17. I love the show so much. So I went to Jeff and talked about it and he said, “We’ll write you a great ending.”
    more info:

Tyler Posey/Scott is 22

Dylan O'Brien/Stiles is 22

Tyler Hoechlin/Derek is 26

Crystal Reed/Allison is 29

+ Reply to Thread