+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Bites NBC

Love Bites NBC

Love Bites" is an hour-long romantic comedy anthology series featuring three loosely connected modern stories of love, sex, marriage and dating. Each of the multiple vignettes will involve an array of talented guest stars every week, and will illuminate the theme of love with a fresh, irreverent spin.

Anchoring the series and appearing in each episode are stars Becki Newton ("Ugly Betty") as Annie Matopoulos, a single New York City girl looking for "Mr. Right Now"; and Constance Zimmer ("Entourage") and Greg Grunberg ("Heroes") as Colleen and Judd Rouscher, a happily married Venice Beach couple.

Guest cast for the pilot episode includes Jennifer Love Hewitt ("Ghost Whisperer"), Craig Robinson (NBC's "The Office"), Kyle Howard ("My Boys"), Steve Howey ("Bride Wars"), Lindsay Price ("Eastwick"), Larry Wilmore ("The Daily Show"), Guillermo Diaz ("Mercy"), Krysten Ritter ("Breaking Bad"), David Giuntoli ("Privileged"), and Charlyne Yi ("Knocked Up")
    I've watched the first two episodes of the series and I'm seriously loving it. It's a romantic comedy with ALL familiar faces. I <3 Greg Grunberg.

anyone else watching?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: Love Bites NBC

I've watched both episodes & the jury's still out.
    I like the cast & the guest casts too. I also like the way the 3 stories have connecting elements.
    What I don't like is the overemphasis on sex rather than love.
    Although I LOVED the stripper girl & her home improvement/cooking videos. The female bonding at the strip club was hysterical. She should be a regular.
    My favorite story so far was the gay couple & parents. Funny & yet touching too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'm enjoying it, but I also see why it didn't make the cut for the 2010-2011 season and is instead being burned off now. I do like the stories and I will keep watching till it's done!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The home improvement stripper was such a cool concept that I can't believe it doesn't already exist... or maybe it does and I've just missed it?

PWS have you ever heard of The Naked News? LOL If it can be done naked on the internet, it has been.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Please tell me I didn't miss the episode starring the hot, hot, hot Jason Lewis...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Not yet! I don't know when it will be on though.

Have watched the first episode and loved it! Reminds me of Love, American Style of long ago. The second episode is recorded but haven't watched yet.
    love the way they tie all the characters together with the stories.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    PWS have you ever heard of The Naked News? LOL If it can be done naked on the internet, it has been.
    Good grief, no....

The show's on again tonight... Just in case you, like me, tends not to check the listings in summer due to all the reruns... and it is NOT a rerun.

I've been watching On Demand and am officially giving up on this. I can totally see why it's being burned off. I started out liking it but it's become too disjointed with the storylines. The Lindsay Price character was only on one episode but Becki Newton and Greg Grunberg are in all the episodes and they seem like the only real regulars. Every week they introduce new people just when I was getting to know the previous week's characters. I'm not into a show where it's so different week to week. If they want to do different stories then they should always have totally new characters but the infusion of a couple of regulars with all these new people is just uninteresting to me. I really like Becki and Greg and hope they land better shows than this discombobulated mess.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast