+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Switched at Birth ABC Family

Switched at Birth ABC Family

I am watching the first episode now...seems like it might play out to be a good show...interesting so far

comes on on Monday nights
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: Switched at Birth ABC Family

don't know if I am the only one watching this one but it is actually turning out to be a really good show...good character development and real issues with the situation

I watched the 1st 2-3 episodes & have the rest on my DVR. It really bothered me the way the rich family seemed to just think that their biological daughter would just want to come & live with them. Like where would that leave the other mother???
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

No one is watching this show? I know it's on ABC Family and not a sitcom or teenage soap, but I find it really interesting and well done. The latest reveal regarding Bay's biological mom, Regina, was not unexpected, but definitely well played by all the actors involved. I sometimes frequent another site where there is quite a bit of discussion about this show, and 95% of the posters "side" with Regina against the Kennishes. I personally find Kathryn Kennish, Lea Thompson, a sympathetic character caught between her rich, arrogant husband, and her desire to get to know Daphne, but still be a mother to Bay. Any thoughts anyone?

FORT Fogey

This sounds good but competes with Bachette and Design Star for me. I have it on my DVR to record when possible so when Bachette is over it will click in.

I have watched every episode and certainly find the show engaging. I took sign language with my Mum when I was in college and really enjoy that aspect of the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I have really enjoyed this show..its had great character development and story development...I am really trying not to judge either of the mothers and their behavior because I don't know what I would have done in the same situation but IDK how Regina could have kept quiet all those years knowing the truth...I think it robbed both girls of things they could have received.....just like now when they are teenagers it doesn't mean they had to switch back but both could have gained so much in all that time lost

Patricia Arquette and Melissa Gilbert...did a movie about 10 years ago that was almost like this show..one rich..one poor....the poor one trying to prove paternity finds out about the switch and to make a long story short once the money hungry grubbing boyfriend of the poorer one finally gets out of the picture the women find a way to keep the babies they took home from the hospital but lived next door to each other and were like mothers to both boys...of course they realized the mistake when the boys were like a year old
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 08-01-2011 at 06:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread