+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    My guess is Sue Ellen wrote the email. It would be a way of compensating for her drunken youth and poor parenting skills: her little boy wants Elena, her little boy will HAVE Elena! Besides, she was too quick to lend Elena money for the old oil leases. Guilt, perhaps?
    Oh, interesting thought. I figured Rebecca and her brother did it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I've been saying this for a while...we need some good night time soaps. Especially since the networks have killed daytime soaps. If Knots Landing and Falcon Crest came back on, I'd be seriously thrilled.

Watched Dallas ast night and loved, loved, loved it! All the backstabbing, lies, deceit, etc. Can't wait until next week's episode. I'm curious as to how well it did in the ratings.
    Don't forget Dynasty.
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Dallas (2011 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I was about 8 when Dallas started so I wsn't allowed to watch it but I do remember walking through the mall and seeing a huge booth with all their pictures on it and with WHO SHOT JR ON IT...it was a contest run by a local tv station

sadly we have DVD players, DVRs PVRs, Internet, facebook, Blackberrys, iPhones so I hope they get the ratings they want cause if they don't its bye bye Dallas..lol

I expect the first couple of episodes to do really well just from curiosty especially from the ones that were hooked on the original series

but I am gonna make a guess...that John Ross will be the goody goody and Chris will be the new JR..of course they are both JR's children
    Christopher is JR's biological son? Are you sure about this? Who is his mother then?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Christopher is JR's biological son? Are you sure about this? Who is his mother then?
    I believe as the story goes Sue Ellen's sister, Kristen has an affair with JR! Gets pregnant has the baby boy. Kristen dies. Bobby buys the baby boy (from Kristen's husband) for Pam (Bobby's wife) who could not have children and who was in a deep depression because of it. Kristen also was the one that shot JR in the 'famous' episode! (IRL) Kristen was played by Bing Crosby's daughter, Mary!

And there you have it, Christopher Ewing is JR's real son!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    KAREN

I am not clear if the boys know they are brothers though.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I've been saying this for a while...we need some good night time soaps. Especially since the networks have killed daytime soaps. If Knots Landing and Falcon Crest came back on, I'd be seriously thrilled.

Watched Dallas ast night and loved, loved, loved it! All the backstabbing, lies, deceit, etc. Can't wait until next week's episode. I'm curious as to how well it did in the ratings.

I was hoping since they cut most of the daytime soaps that Soapnet would put all of the old nightime soaps on. I would love to watch the old Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, Dallas and Dynasty!
    momrek06 and bee stung lips like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I believe as the story goes Sue Ellen's sister, Kristen has an affair with JR! Gets pregnant has the baby boy. Kristen dies. Bobby buys the baby boy (from Kristen's husband) for Pam (Bobby's wife) who could not have children and who was in a deep depression because of it. Kristen also was the one that shot JR in the 'famous' episode! (IRL) Kristen was played by Bing Crosby's daughter, Mary!

And there you have it, Christopher Ewing is JR's real son!
    I'm not convinced of that. I suppose they could make it that way for this new series, but as I remembered it, Kristin became pregnant by a drug dealer while she was living in CA, having left Southfork, and then she tried to pass off Christopher as JR's son to extort money. I checked Wikipedia and read this: "Kristin Shepard, Sue Ellen's younger sister, leaves Dallas after having an affair with Sue Ellen's husband, J. R and then shooting him. The cocaine-addicted Kristin settles in Los Angeles where she becomes involved with drug dealer, Jeff Faraday. She gives birth to him on August 18, 1981. Kristin returns to Dallas claiming Christopher is J.R.'s son and tries to extort money from him. When Kristin drowns in a pool, Jeff contacts Bobby Ewing, who purchases Christopher for $25,000 and legally adopts the boy with his wife, Pamela Barnes. In 1983, Pamela's mother Rebecca dies leaving a large trust fund for Christopher. His parents divorce that year and during that time, Christopher lives with Pamela. Christopher is overjoyed when his parents remarry in 1986 and move back to Southfork Ranch, where he is reunited with his cousin, John Ross."
    jucamer likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I was hoping since they cut most of the daytime soaps that Soapnet would put all of the old nightime soaps on. I would love to watch the old Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, Dallas and Dynasty!
    Oh, that would be grand!
    jucamer likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The ratings were very strong! If I remember correctly it was a little under 7 million. I'm happy......I definitely want a second season!!!!
    mountaingirl70 likes this.

WIKI saves the day. I watched less of it when I was in college. I did not know that Christopher was JRs son. I was thinking before I knew how much Christopher acted like Bobby.

It was very good. Loved to see JR do his thang. Even when he was awful, he trulyloved Sue Ellen.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread