+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Didn't Pam die in a car wreck/fire? Because sometime after Bobby married April (she later played on that chuck norris show.

I loved it, was great to see the old generation and new. It was a bit fast with many twists, but it will lay out the season great.

Good call about them being Cliff Barnes kids.

Wow, its been a long time

I really enjoyed this! From the opening credits with the familiar theme, to the last minute, it was fun, frothy, and as if we never stopped watching. Loved seeing Ray and Lucy along with the three main characters from the original show. The new people seem to fit in well.

FORT Fan

I was a die-hard Dallas fan back in the day, so I was cautiously excited about this new series. I thought they did a fine job of continuing the storyline. Bobby being content to raise cattle and manage Southfork, Christopher being a scientist and looking for green energy sources, John Ross Jr being his Daddy's son with oil in his blood. That makes for a very believable conflict between the younger generation. And having JR in a hospital at the beginning gave him a chance to make a grand entrance later in the show. (I wonder why he was so depressed that he had to be hospitalized?)

I'm glad they're still filming the Southfork ranch on location with lots of outdoor shots and helicopter filming, made it seem like we really are just looking in on our old friends 20 years later.

My one complaint: WAY too many twists and turns and backstabbing. Is no one actually who they say they are? I was having a hard enough time swallowing the Marta-Bobby, Marta-JR, Marta-John Ross thing, but then when they revealed that Christopher's new wife also has an evil agenda . . . good Lord. Even Texas can't have that many people with ulterior motives.

On the whole, though, I liked it and will be watching.
    cablejockey likes this.

I have a personal love for this show. The night that JR was shot. I went into labor with my son right after it went off the air.lol
    tapper01 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Didn't get to watch last night so I will watch it tonight. Sounds like it'll be worth watching.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I have a personal love for this show. The night that JR was shot. I went into labor with my son right after it went off the air.lol
    My sister broke a glass washing dishes the night it was revealed who shot JR and at the Hospital/ER every TV was glued to Dallas

i DVR'd it so I can take a look, but I'm afraid they are going to concentrate on the new generation and relegate the originals to supporting roles and concentrate on the younger characters to a fault. If there's a good balance, I'll watch, but I'm not hopeful. Dallas did the primetime soap right and imo, no one has ever come close. If memory serves, Dallas was the first to do the season ending cliff-hanger that every show now feels they have to have. They were first so shoot multiple solutions so that even the actors didn't know who really shot J.R.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    i DVR'd it so I can take a look, but I'm afraid they are going to concentrate on the new generation and relegate the originals to supporting roles and concentrate on the younger characters to a fault.
    They'd better not.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Pam is assumed dead I would think at this point. In the last season she was said to have some illness and only a year to live. Nothing was mentioned after so you never know.. she may pop up after gong to South America for amazing miraculous cure. lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I missed it. I must watch it!!!
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread