+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Dallas (2011 TV series)

It's kind of fun to watch all the old-schoolers and an odd Desperate Housewives reunion, but I'm having a major problem with the main conflict. Miss Ellie died 20+ years ago. I only have a dabbling of knowledge of Texas probate law, but I'm fairly certain (until a Texas barred lawyer comes along and cites something) that the time to challenge her will has loooong since past so John Ross's case is kinda crap. Then again, it's just a sudsy soap. I don't know if I'll keep watching, but it was certainly a nice little feeling to hear the theme again and see the tall buildings of today's Dallas in the opening credits. Ahh, to be 8 again...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    It's kind of fun to watch all the old-schoolers and an odd Desperate Housewives reunion, but I'm having a major problem with the main conflict. Miss Ellie died 20+ years ago. I only have a dabbling of knowledge of Texas probate law, but I'm fairly certain (until a Texas barred lawyer comes along and cites something) that the time to challenge her will has loooong since past so John Ross's case is kinda crap. Then again, it's just a sudsy soap. I don't know if I'll keep watching, but it was certainly a nice little feeling to hear the theme again and see the tall buildings of today's Dallas in the opening credits. Ahh, to be 8 again...
    (Bear in mind some of my questions stem from me not seeing the show in quite some time).

Yes, I think there is a statute of limitations; however, my question is did Miss Ellie die in the original run of the series? (I know in real life Barbara Bel Geddes died not too many years ago). That will factor in largely to this plot line.

Did the interior of Southfork look like this in the original run though? I know the original run they did sets for the interior of the ranch, whose interior is way different.

I thought it was good - though I can see why Hagman compared the two as the original being a granddaddy to the new one, especially in pace. If anything, I think they have just a tad too many twists and turns even in this more ADD society.

Loved the opening credits too - creative in how they did the names and the split screen to it.

Here's what I found about Miss Ellie... In the 2012 series, it is revealed that Miss Ellie died in 2001 and is buried on Southfork. Barbara passed away in 2005.

I haven't watched the new Dallas. The first time around was just so much fun I find it hard to believe that the magic can be reproduced. It's nice they have Larry, Patrick and Linda back for this run though.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

I had to DVR it, too, but I'll check it out soon as I can.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I missed that dirty devil JR Ewing. I got all excited when he donned his stetson again,lol.
    mom2, ButterflyFaery and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've read a lot about this new Dallas but nowhere did I see anything about why Pam (Bobby's wife) is not here anymore. Nothing was really said but it was extremely apparent that Victoria Principal wants nothing to do with this show...or the old show, for that matter. Don't know why.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

My memory is a little sketchy, but I loved the show. I remember Pam leaving saying she had a short while to live, and that I believe was the last they talked about her.

I loved the show, I love that Larry and Patrick cameback and hope that they get to stick around a bit and it does not just go to new characters like 90210 did.

one thing that stood out to me as a goof unless they intended it to be that way John Ross and Christopher kept calling each other cousins...but aren't they brothers.....JR had an affair with Sue Ellen's sister and Chris was the result then after she died they took the child themselves...now as to whether they have ever told boys IDK
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Am I the only one thinking Rebecca and her brother are possibly the kids of Cliff Barnes? I don't buy the dead parent story.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Am I the only one thinking Rebecca and her brother are possibly the kids of Cliff Barnes? I don't buy the dead parent story.
    well...lmao it wouldn't be Dallas unless you had a Barnes tossed in there for some good drama
    cablejockey likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread