+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

I didn't feel the slightest bit sorry for Cliff. He deserves Mexican prison and worse for ordering the explosion when he knew his pregnant daughter was on the rig. I was starting to like John Ross a little more, then he reverted to his old "scoundrel" self. That Emma though! Wow! That girl has the morals of a cat in heat. I can't wait to see what happens when Bobby and Anne get to meet the real Emma.

I cried my eyes out when Bobby broke down while reading JR's letter. You could tell that it was true emotion for the loss of his friend Larry Hagman that was coming through and that's what made it such a powerful scene.
    Ellen, momrek06, Cootie and 2 others like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Almost forgot--the portrait of JR they had hanging on the wall. It reminded me of the one they put up after Jock died on the old show. Very touching.
    momrek06 and jucamer like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The only reason I felt bad about Cliff being in prison because it worries me he won't be in the show next season. We need a resident villain, especially now that JR is no longer with us.

I suppose it makes sense that both baddies, Harris and Cliff were carted off to lockup for the finales, though.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that thr J.R. portrait looked like something from a paint-by-numbers kit. (…and not well executed. Might want to rethink the props supervisor, producers.)
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    The only reason I felt bad about Cliff being in prison because it worries me he won't be in the show next season. We need a resident villain, especially now that JR is no longer with us.

I suppose it makes sense that both baddies, Harris and Cliff were carted off to lockup for the finales, though.
    Oh, something tells me that J.R. Jr. has taken on the mantle. Smoothly. But he needs to grow out his eyebrows.
    Cootie likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post

Do you think they did that just in case there wasn't a 3rd season? It did wrap up the storylines nicely. I heard TNT has not yet made a decision on season 3 so I'm thinking that was on the writers' minds.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Do you think they did that just in case there wasn't a 3rd season? It did wrap up the storylines nicely. I heard TNT has not yet made a decision on season 3 so I'm thinking that was on the writers' minds.
    I was wondering that, too.

Oh No! I love this show it has to come back! It will never be the same without Larry Hagman but they still have so many great characters! Are the ratings that bad?
    cablejockey likes this.

I haven't seen anything official from TNT, but if Patrick Duffy is to be believed, the show will get a third season:
    DUFFY: ‘DALLAS’ WILL RISE AGAIN

“Dallas” may never return to its “Who Shot J.R.?” heyday of the 1980s, but its star Patrick Duffy says TNT isn’t ready to put a bullet in the once wildly popular drama’s reboot just yet.

Despite so-so ratings, “Dallas” 2.0 will be back for a third season and the show has a funeral to thank for its new life, Duffy said.

Sources tell us network bosses were nervous that show icon Larry (“J.R.”) Hagman’s death in November combined with subpar ratings could spell trouble. But Duffy, who plays J.R.’s brother Bobby Ewing, said, “A network like TNT and Warner Brothers look at the trend. ... They are ecstatic with what ‘Dallas’ is doing and as long as we continue that in the demographics of 18-40, we are their golden child.”

It doesn’t hurt that after a so-so start, “Dallas” scored season high ratings with the funeral of Hagman’s J.R. character earlier this month. The memorial episode attracted 3.6 million viewers, well above this season’s average of 2.6 million. Duffy thinks it’ll only get better next season.

“The summer is the perfect time on cable television because none of the other networks are premiering anything,” he said.

Read more: Jason Statham and Tom Hardy in a battle of the Brits to star in 'Escape From New York' - NY Daily News
    Another article on the topic: Patrick Duffy optimistic ‘Dallas’ season 3 will happen, proud of season 2 ‘cliffhanger’ - The Global Dispatch

I hope he's right! Even without Larry Hagman, I think the show still has legs.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't watch Dallas in the '70s/'80s. I was either in college or just out of college, and didn't stay home long enough to watch TV. Now I'm old-ish and stay home way too much. I'm loving the nu-Dallas.
    bee stung lips likes this.

+ Reply to Thread