+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree401Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Now I love me some Mark Cuban but I'd rather have heard from old favorites.
    Nah...I liked them having Mark Cuban speak. It added to realism of things. It would stand to reason that a notable oil tycoon like JR would have friends who were likewise high profile business tycoons like himself who would be in attendance at his funeral.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I am not sure if they have access to them, but I wish they would have shown some old clips. It was a great tribute to LH, but I think it needed some memorable scenes. I adore the guy playing John Ross, he is very good as the character. I do not like the girl that is with Christopher now, but was with John Ross previously.

Larry Hagman was an icon, and the show will not be the same without him, but as a fan, I am going to enjoy the legacy he helped to create.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    The only thing that would have made the show better is if Patrick had picked up JR's black hat and put it on and said something like "I got you brother" or similar. Of course, I'm sure they won't make Bobby a villain like JR but boy would it be fun to watch it happen, especially with Patrick wearing Larry's iconic hat.
    I can see him as a "villain" or sorts until the person who killed JR is found and caught/arrested and possibly killed depending on the situation. Then he could rest the hat on JR's tombstone and maybe it get blown in the wind as though it's going to JR wherever he is.

I loved the episode. I think I saw Priscilla Presley in the crowd scenes at the memorial. I was kind of sad we didn't hear at least one line from her but we got to hear Mark Cuban. Now I love me some Mark Cuban but I'd rather have heard from old favorites.

All in all very well done. I'm sure it wasn't easy writing that episode because everyone loved Larry. I think they did it right though.
    Priscilla might've demanded a lot more money if she talked or something so they could've kept her mum for cost purposes. (I say this only because as an extra before with non-SAG and non speaking I got $75/day. Had I had a SAG card or a speaking role, it went up to I think $150-$250/day minimum).

I didn't mind Mark Cuban or any of the MODERN moguls talking in the wake part of this story. It brings a reality to the series and keeps it modern. To not have any Dallas moguls of present day wouldn't make sense. And I loved how they did that bit too with Mark talking about their title and JR's response - I COULD see JR respond that way to their win. It was also nice to see a more humble version of Cuban honestly.
    Cootie likes this.

Okay, so the old Dallas is really back. Wow. Cliff is heartless, ruthless and will do anything to get back at the Ewings. Sue Ellen is at her worst as well. Even Christopher has gone to the dark side. Elena's brother - he is weak and should have found another way to deal with the threat given to him. Bobby is still Bobby, thank goodness. Emma out on a date with Elena's brother, hah! And Anne's ex mother-in-law was the epitome of evil tonight. Wow wow wow. Anybody else see it? Lots of Monday night competition for air time.

I saw the actor who plays John Ross on Anderson Cooper earlier this week. He diidn't get to talk about Dallas much because the co-host couldnt keep her hands off him! They dragged out old tape of him when he was on some teen show a decade ago, dancing!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Dang that was a good episode!! My God, I thought the only person cold-hearted, devil incarnated Cliff Barnes loved was his daughter, but apparently his evil knows no bounds if he'll even blow up his pregnant daughter to get what he wants...geez!
    Cootie and jucamer like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Too bad we couldn't have killed off Cliff and kept JR. (Mind you, I'm not wishing death on Ken Kerchival). JR was always a cold-blooded, ruthless b*****d, but he would have never knowingly put his family in harms way. Well, not physical harm anyway.
    jadewarlock and jucamer like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Too bad we couldn't have killed off Cliff and kept JR. (Mind you, I'm not wishing death on Ken Kerchival). JR was always a cold-blooded, ruthless b*****d, but he would have never knowingly put his family in harms way. Well, not physical harm anyway.
    Well, it means he's playing Cliff very well if you don't like him.

But something tells me we may have at least one more character die before this season is over - I just don't know if it's Cliff of Annie's ex at the rate it's going.

Oh and to Cablejockey regarding Josh Hutchison (John Ross) on Andersen Cooper - that is frankly quite sad. I hope he wasn't too uncomfortable being there though.
    bee stung lips likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm just finally catching up on the episodes of Dallas my DVR caught while I was away on holiday. I bawled so much through JR's funeral... I never expected I would feel soooooo emotional about JR Ewing finally being killed off but I'm sure it was just because Larry Hagman died in real life. Overall, I thought the funeral was really well done.

I was disappointed that Sue Ellen took that drink the night before JR's funeral but so far she's not back to being a booze-hound and I hope they don't take her back there.

I'm not all that pleased with Lucy and Valene being back. Charlene Tilton must be successful at something else because she's a terrible, terrible actress. Joan Van Ark... oh lawd, where to begin? I have to admit the makeup artists have done a great job with her because as bad as she looks on Dallas, and c'mon, the woman can move nothing but her eyes (sorta) and her mouth... she looks 100% better than in real life. She's so full of botox and fillers... and had soooo much plastic surgery... that she's downright waxy looking. {shudder} scary.

Judith Light as Harris Ryland's momma? Just so good it's scary. When she told Harris he was dead to her? WoW!!!!
    yourefired likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Well tonight's episode was interesting and sad. They're doing a good job with the twists and turns of the show without their biggest hornet's nest stirrer around anymore.

I find Cliff Barnes really creepy - and if he was this way before he's back to his old self, but if this is a new twist... wow.

It is also nice to see Judith Light in a role that is a bit darker. The only show I've seen her on was "Who's the Boss" prior to this, and this is a 180 almost.

Looks like the season is going to get even better as it progresses.
    Cootie and bee stung lips like this.

+ Reply to Thread