+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I am really hoping that they don't turn Sue Ellen back into a slobbering drunk again. The somber intro was a very fitting tribute to Larry Hagman. I was touched by Patrick Duffy's performance, although I doubt if he had to do much "acting" to play the emotional parts. And I'm glad they FINALLY had Bobby blow up at Ann about keeping such an important part of her life from him for so long!
    I don't think they will - only because they have her mention her slip from abstinence which can allow John Ross, Bobby and others to keep her from doing it again.

I do agree too on the Bobby versus Annie bit. Does make me wonder though if they're doing an opening - especially with this cliffhanger - in case the one actress who played Bobby's wife in the original show does decide to return to allow a potential love triangle struggle or something. (Bear in mind we didn't watch the show often when I was younger, so I do not know or remember how much Bobby loved his first wife).

Such a sad heart felt episode last night, from the subdued opening credits to the news that Pam may be alive and JR found her!! I loved the memorial at the Cattlemen's Club with everyone there--Ray, Lucy, old girlfriends, even the Mayor I think was on the original show!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Such a sad heart felt episode last night, from the subdued opening credits to the news that Pam may be alive and JR found her!! I loved the memorial at the Cattlemen's Club with everyone there--Ray, Lucy, old girlfriends, even the Mayor I think was on the original show!
    I couldn't agree more with what you have said and yes, the Mayor was on the original show.

First, God Bless Larry Hagman. What a man he was.

Secondly, I think this episode was EPIC. I sobbed at the beginning, and I cried thru the funeral (the letter to Sue Ellen), and watching John Ross' face, and Bobby's face as well. I so hope that Larry Hagman was proud of how they handled it, because I think they handled it beautifully! Plus, you knew the emotion was real, because of how much they all loved Larry Hagman.

I have watched this show from the beginning (and I watched "I Dream of Jeannie" growing up!), and I was in a way dreading this episode-because I knew I'd be sad, and I was. I think they did JR/Larry justice. And it looks like they're gonna get a great storyline from this, although it's gonna be from a sad place. But that rascal Larry Hagman is probably happy that even though it was his time, he left them with quite the storyline. I really hope the storyline does him justice and I have a feeling it will. I thought this was an "A+" episode.

God Bless you Larry Hagman, and Thank You for all the entertaimnent you've given me thru my life.

One last side note - Here's my theory on the whole Pam story. Pam was burned in an accident with an oil truck. Harris Ryland owns a trucking company. Thinking that's not just a coincidence...

Oh Jacee, I think your'e onto something there about Pam! I have been reading about how they put that last show together using bits and pieces of stuff Larry Hagman had already taped! And as the actors did their bits about JR at his funeral, I read that a lot were not really acting but feeling their real grief. Patrick Duffy said he still knocks on Larry's dressing room door every morning out of habit and affection for his old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Oh Jacee, I think your'e onto something there about Pam! I have been reading about how they put that last show together using bits and pieces of stuff Larry Hagman had already taped! And as the actors did their bits about JR at his funeral, I read that a lot were not really acting but feeling their real grief. Patrick Duffy said he still knocks on Larry's dressing room door every morning out of habit and affection for his old friend.
    Cablejockey I read that as well. Both Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray remained such close friends with him all these years and were very much a part of his life. They wanted to make sure that Larry would have been proud of how his passing was handled on the show and they thought he definitely would be. It was definitely done JR style.

This is an interesting link I found about Linda Gray and a favorite song Larry liked. Dallas cast remember Larry Hagman at TV event | Showbiz | News | Daily Express

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

OH God, this week's episode had me in tears... I bawled like a baby at Sue Ellen's speech at the funeral. I could also tell there were some real tears from all of them too. Poor Josh Henderson (actor playing John Ross), looked like he was about to fall to pieces sitting there at the funeral. I'm sure the actor really felt those tears he was crying.

Not only did it serve as a great tribute to JR / Larry Hagman, but it also set up more conflicts and future storylines. From the way it looks, it appears they may be bringing Pam back...hopefully so.
    Ellen, Cootie, inthegarden and 2 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Outstanding episode!! So darn sad, and yet I enjoyed it through my tears. Kudos to the writers and actors!

I, too, hope we see the return of Pam Ewing....as played by Victoria Principal (and nobody else).

RIP Larry Hagman. You will be missed...
    Ellen, cablejockey, Cootie and 2 others like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't think they will - only because they have her mention her slip from abstinence which can allow John Ross, Bobby and others to keep her from doing it again.

I do agree too on the Bobby versus Annie bit. Does make me wonder though if they're doing an opening - especially with this cliffhanger - in case the one actress who played Bobby's wife in the original show does decide to return to allow a potential love triangle struggle or something. (Bear in mind we didn't watch the show often when I was younger, so I do not know or remember how much Bobby loved his first wife).
    I did watch it, and so far as I can recall he did love Pam, didn't cheat on her, etc., unlike JR and Sue Ellen....who had something, but it certainly was complicated, and you kept hoping SE would escape it. Unfortunately for her, it seemed that men who might have been her escape routes were really just trying to get back at JR for something, rather than being that interested in her for herself. I haven't been watching the new version, but sort of following along here.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

The only thing that would have made the show better is if Patrick had picked up JR's black hat and put it on and said something like "I got you brother" or similar. Of course, I'm sure they won't make Bobby a villain like JR but boy would it be fun to watch it happen, especially with Patrick wearing Larry's iconic hat.

I loved the episode. I think I saw Priscilla Presley in the crowd scenes at the memorial. I was kind of sad we didn't hear at least one line from her but we got to hear Mark Cuban. Now I love me some Mark Cuban but I'd rather have heard from old favorites.

All in all very well done. I'm sure it wasn't easy writing that episode because everyone loved Larry. I think they did it right though.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread