+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

FORT Fan

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Who shot JR?! A fitting end, indeed.

It was difficult to watch knowing it was the last episode he'd be seen in. It makes me sad. I can't imagine Dallas without him. It will be interesting to see if the show remains successful.
    Ellen and Cootie like this.

I think the show is strong enough to go on without JR. I'm probably on of the few who never watched (outside of an episode here and there) the original series. I was in college and way too busy for TV on a regular basis and I didn't own a TV at the time (I paid my own tuition, books, rent, etc. no college fund nor handouts from parents).

My strongest memories of LH are from "I Dream of Jeannie," but I knew enough of him as JR from friends, pop culture studies, and those few fun viewing parties with friends.

I have a lot of respect for the current show's writers and directors.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Nooooooo! JR's gone...forever.....!
    jucamer likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

JR funeral tonight. So sad

I'm going to bawl through the whole thing. I just know it. When a TV funeral for a character occurs because the actor has passed, it's always 100 times more sad and emotional. All of those actors will be saying goodbye to Larry Hagman, not JR.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I totally agree

Weren't JR's last words to John Ross something like, "I hope you can forgive me?" and then he was shot? I didn't rewatch the show, but I am wondering what JR did before he died to add more drama to the business and family dynamic. I am on the west coast so haven't seen tonight's show yet. Still waiting! I am missing JR already.

The show just came on (West Coast).
    Okay, this sucks between the variation on the theme song and the Larry Hagman silhouettes and close-ups, the intro has me all snivvley and foggy-eyed. Dammit...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I haven't watched a lot of the stories this season knowing JR's funeral was going to be one of them, but I did watch tonight. Wanted to make a few comments:

1. Loved how they did a more somber opening for this episode - theme and the bit with JR/Hagman in it - but hope that it does not stay this way the rest of the season. It just was right (though admittedly I was kinda thinking they might have done a titles similar to the original series).

2. The wake/visitation/memorial service was perfect and fitting for "Dallas" including the fight.

3. John Ross' actions to me felt the most genuine of all of them save the original actors. Kinda flashed back to the days after my Dad's passing actually except that I didn't want to punch people's lights out nor did my Dad die in a similar manner.

4. Loved the twist ending of this story. It was kinda what I expected but not quite whom revealed it.

Only thing I felt a bit implausible was the crime scene tape of where JR supposedly died. It seemed a tad too short as far as frame even huddled like that and I can't see someone JR's age at the time he died being huddled like that. Still - relatively minor compared to the rest of the story.

Not a bad episode and I'm glad they did such a good story with the changes they had to make in regard to Hagman's passing.

I am really hoping that they don't turn Sue Ellen back into a slobbering drunk again. The somber intro was a very fitting tribute to Larry Hagman. I was touched by Patrick Duffy's performance, although I doubt if he had to do much "acting" to play the emotional parts. And I'm glad they FINALLY had Bobby blow up at Ann about keeping such an important part of her life from him for so long!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread