+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree401Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Just finished watching last night's ep on DVR.
    Man, JR is slick, and I'm gonna miss him.
    I loved how he was playing the part of "annoying iPad newbie" with Bobby but in the end revealed how he really played Bobby. Kudos to the writers who wrote that part of the script!
    bee stung lips and jucamer like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Was this week's episode the last one featuring JR before Larry Hagman's passing? If so...

Nonetheless, great episode...twists and turns galore as usual. Can't keep up with all the infighting and backstabbing.
    jucamer likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Was this week's episode the last one featuring JR before Larry Hagman's passing? If so...
    I don't know if this is the last one, or if he'll still appear on the next one. It was hard to tell from the previews exactly.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Tonight's episode is Larry Hagman's final episode. No idea if they will have JR die in this one or in a future episode. I know I'll be crying through all of his scenes tonight.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow, anyone watch tonight? JR has been shot as far as I can tell. This must be it. The rest of the episode was satisfying, but the end was hard to bear.

I forgot to mention, Gary is back...wow, like old times.

I commented to friends tonight that I hoped JR would be shot. That has a nice symmetry to it.

As I said (I think) upthread, I'm surprised at how emotional the actual death of JR - of course because it's tied to Larry Hagman's death - has made me. Over all these years since the original show was on the air I'd forgotten how terrific LH was as JR. He was just so much fun to watch.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

It felt as though Larry has already died when they put this episode together. It had that look of being pieced together--at least the JR scenes did. So good to see Gary and hope they bring back others from the original series!
    The success of this show back in the 80s must have taken the bad connotations out of the name 'Dallas', left after Kennedy's death there. Its so nice to hear that theme song every week once again, and to see familiar faces, get to know new ones.
    Dragonlady likes this.

All of the reports about his death said that he had already shot six episodes this season when he passed. Last night was the sixth episode he'd appeared in this season. I think the only part of the episode that was changed after his death was the very end with the gunshots. Maybe they edited his scenes to seem a bit more bittersweet than originally planned
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    It felt as though Larry has already died when they put this episode together. It had that look of being pieced together--at least the JR scenes did. So good to see Gary and hope they bring back others from the original series!
    The success of this show back in the 80s must have taken the bad connotations out of the name 'Dallas', left after Kennedy's death there. Its so nice to hear that theme song every week once again, and to see familiar faces, get to know new ones.
    It was at least part of it. They did not plan a contingency story should Hagman die during a filming of a season. I don't know if it was out of respect for Hagman or they just did it this way, but that would explain the choppiness of this story. The future stories reflect JR's death.

+ Reply to Thread